By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite Mega Man game of the original series?

What's your favorite Mega Man game of the original series?

Mega Man 1 21 6.40%

Mega Man 2 113 34.45%

Mega Man 3 47 14.33%

Mega Man 4 20 6.10%

Mega Man 5 16 4.88%

Mega Man 7 24 7.32%

Mega Man 9 8 2.44%

Mega Man 10 13 3.96%

Mega Man 11 36 10.98%

Other 30 9.15%

Total:328

Megaman 2 is the best in my opinion.

I really liked MM1, didn’t (and still don’t) care to much for MM3 (but there is something to the music that plays when protoman appears in this game), I like MM4, didn’t play any more MM games up until MM9 and MM10 both of which I like but I would say that MM9 and 10 are harder than the original MM games. I have not played MM11.

But in the end MM2 is the best.

EDIT:// I’ve beaten every one of the MM games I have played.

Around the Network

Mega man 2 and 9 would be my favorites.

Bonus: 7 is the only I havent played/beaten.

Megaman 3 was probably my favorite.

The bit of extra mobility from the slide mechanic was important to me (and why I much prefer the X series), had some memorable tracks like Spark Man, and as a child I really liked the inclusion of Proto Man. (Probably why Zero is my favorite as well.)

Like many have said, Mega Man 2 was the biggest improvement in the series. Capcom seems to have this way of nailing it on the second game - Mega Man 2, Street Fighter 2, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Resident Evil 2...

I've played/beaten all but MM11 (have it, just haven't gotten around to playing it yet) and I haven't finished MM10. Mega Man 3 is a pretty close second but Mega Man 2 is my pick as it had some of the best robots and bosses of the series.

archbrix said:

Like many have said, Mega Man 2 was the biggest improvement in the series. Capcom seems to have this way of nailing it on the second game - Mega Man 2, Street Fighter 2, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Resident Evil 2...

I've played/beaten all but MM11 (have it, just haven't gotten around to playing it yet) and I haven't finished MM10. Mega Man 3 is a pretty close second but Mega Man 2 is my pick as it had some of the best robots and bosses of the series.

Just not Devil May Cry 2.  

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
archbrix said:

Just not Devil May Cry 2.  

Haha, definitely an exception.

I think Powered Up should be in the poll, and honestly may deserve to win. 2 has better level design/bosses/etc, but the replayability and features of Powered Up may push it over the top. A shame they didn't Power Up Mega Man 2.

My original MM Ranking:

2>9>11>5>6>4>3>10>7>8>1

I think 3 is overrated. A long time ago I thought it was as good or better than 2 but while the core concept is great (more levels, more moves, Rush features), the actual level and boss design isn't as good and subjects you to way more BS/unfairness. 1 and 3 were both really bad for that.

I also didn't much care for 7 or 8. the art style, speed, gameplay, and feel of those games just felt off. Not bad games - none of them are - but wow I just didn't feel right playing them.

the first 6 were all immensely solid. 9 was outstanding, 10 was pretty good, too. 11 was also outstanding and the only non-8-bit game in the series I loved. I'm actually kinda surprised that, as of the time of this writing, not a single person has voted for 9, but there is a vote for 10.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

archbrix said:

I HIGHLY recommend Mega Man 11. It probably has the best game feel of the franchise (As blasphemous as that feels to say). It's tough but fair (something not every game can balance well), and it looks and sounds amazing. From a modern lens it's exactly what I think the series needed to be in 2018. As you can see from my prior post, it's in my top three. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

I beat 1-8 on the Gamecube collection, and then 11 on Switch... Never beat 9 or 10.

7 is the one that sticks with me most. One of my favourite soundtracks ever and I just love the look and feel of 7.

1doesnotsimply