By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nier Automata: End of the YorHa Edition releases on Switch October 6th

Will double dip. Easily one of the best games ever made with the best written story of the 8th generation and one of the best ever.

Last edited by Leynos - on 28 June 2022

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

For anyone that plans to play this for the first time, just one piece of important advice.

Don't stop until you reach the end.
I know some people who stopped after Route A, and they're really missing out on a huge portion of the game.

I was also looking to see if this was a cloud version, but it's not.
Mainly because this game had some issues on PC and PS4 Pro.

BasilZero said:

They ported this fine to Switch but made KH 1.5 and 2.5 cloud only lmao.

It's probably because they lost the source codes for those games. They had to reverse engineer them from a pirated ROM file to make the HD versions.

Meh. I tried the demo when it came out years ago. I really disliked the gameplay, so I will pass again.

Vodacixi said:

Meh. I tried the demo when it came out years ago. I really disliked the gameplay, so I will pass again.

You're missing out big time.

I'm glad this is coming to the Switch seeing as how I've been putting off the idea of replaying it because the PC version is such ass. Then again, whatever the Switch makes up for in comfort, it will lose in performance. Not sure I wanna replay this at 30fps, but anyways. Really great that it's coming to the console.

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!

Vodacixi said:

I'm sure @mZuzek can testify that I told him I also stopped right after playing through the Demo portion, and then didn't touch it again for a year.

Turned out there was a lot more to the game than the demo suggested, and it became one of my all time favorite games.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Vodacixi said:

I'm sure @mZuzek can testify that I told him I also stopped right after playing through the Demo portion, and then didn't touch it again for a year.

Turned out there was a lot more to the game than the demo suggested, and it became one of my all time favorite games.

I can testify indeed, but there is a key difference here in that what made you drop the game was that you didn't like something regarding the story whereas Vodacixi didn't like the gameplay. The story in Nier Automata is incredible. The gameplay is... well, I think it's good, but it's hardly faultless. I for one didn't like it when the game randomly forced a camera change on me and made me play it like it was GTA 2, thankfully this happens far less frequently after the prologue. Mechanically the combat is pretty solid, but nowhere near as good as the likes of Bayonetta or Astral Chain, it felt subpar for Platinum's standards. Still, I think whatever gameplay issues the game has are minor enough that the story completely makes up for it and then some.

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!

I have Nier for PS4 and never played because I'm waiting to play replicant first. Expecting to get on sale soon

mZuzek said:
Hiku said:

I can testify indeed, but there is a key difference here in that what made you drop the game was that you didn't like something regarding the story whereas Vodacixi didn't like the gameplay. The story in Nier Automata is incredible. The gameplay is... well, I think it's good, but it's hardly faultless. I for one didn't like it when the game randomly forced a camera change on me and made me play it like it was GTA 2, thankfully this happens far less frequently after the prologue. Mechanically the combat is pretty solid, but nowhere near as good as the likes of Bayonetta or Astral Chain, it felt subpar for Platinum's standards. Still, I think whatever gameplay issues the game has are minor enough that the story completely makes up for it and then some.

Oh, besides not expecting much from the story (which was a mistake on my part as I jumped to conclusions about the writing) I believe I also said something to the effect of "it felt kind of like Bayonetta/DMC, which is fine, but I just wasn't in the mood for that type of game at the time".

I didn't expect it to revolve so heavily around rpg elements, word exploration, NPC interactions and the way the side quests are structured.
Those elements weren't really present in the demo portion, which is why I was expecting the journey to be more akin to DMC.

Last edited by Hiku - on 28 June 2022

The Nier Twitter account said it's gonna be 1080p 30fps and 720p 30fps.
High effort port!

NA low key has the best dodge in any game ever with the dodge slide and since a number of games tried to emulate it. Ultra Age is an indie action game trying to be like Nier all around. Onechanbara Origin. Scarlet Nexus as well. Not that NA invented dodge slide but it's the best version and other games have tried since to emulate it. Doesn't seem like much to some but in action-heavy games, I find it a godsend.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!