By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nier Automata: End of the YorHa Edition releases on Switch October 6th

Makes sense that the port turned out well given that the Switch version is running at 30fps and the other versions targeted 60 fps. Also how unoptimized the original release was on PS4 and PC. I originally played it at 60fps on a GTX 1060 3GB, it only played pretty smoothly at 1080p 60 fps medium after I installed the FAR mod and even then performance tanked down to 12 fps in one of the boss fights that is known to tank performance.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Okay so now I've ventured a lot further, while it's not perfect, (pop-in is very noticeable in the open world segments, though this was already an issue on PS4 to a lesser degree) this is an eerily good port at times, like in most situations its astonishing how sharp image quality remains, and the framerate holds up remarkably so far even with giant bosses, numerous enemies and projectiles, or a ton of particles fill the screen. Load times are quite reasonable as well.

This is one to rank alongside the likes of Dying Light, Alien Isolation, Dragon Quest 11, Bright Memory Infinite, Sniper Elite 4, and Zombie Army 4 in the Switch ports hall of fame.
There are some compromises, it's physically impossible for there not to be, but its incredibly impressive for the hardware and most importantly feels intact.

How could you forget the Doom games.

Kakadu18 said:
curl-6 said:

Okay so now I've ventured a lot further, while it's not perfect, (pop-in is very noticeable in the open world segments, though this was already an issue on PS4 to a lesser degree) this is an eerily good port at times, like in most situations its astonishing how sharp image quality remains, and the framerate holds up remarkably so far even with giant bosses, numerous enemies and projectiles, or a ton of particles fill the screen. Load times are quite reasonable as well.

This is one to rank alongside the likes of Dying Light, Alien Isolation, Dragon Quest 11, Bright Memory Infinite, Sniper Elite 4, and Zombie Army 4 in the Switch ports hall of fame.
There are some compromises, it's physically impossible for there not to be, but its incredibly impressive for the hardware and most importantly feels intact.

How could you forget the Doom games.

Doom 2016 and Eternal are excellent ports, but I'd actually place Nier on a higher tier due to its much better image quality.