By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What Underrated Series Do You Think Should Be More Popular?

My vote would go to Chibi robo. Amazing series imo.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

Rival Schools
Bloody Roar
Vampire Savior
will add more.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

It's not quite the same thing, but every so often, I forget that although it has a significant online presence, Ace Attorney is a fairly niche series whose average release only pushes between 250k and 300k sales. And the entire Ace Attorney franchise combined has yet to sell even 9 million copies.

Then I go "Oh, that's because a series of mystery-themed visual novels often only released in Japan is never going to be THAT big a seller."

Then I remember that the JB Harold series sold 20 million copies by 2011, despite being "a series of mystery-themed visual novels ALMOST ALWAYS only released in Japan." And then I wonder what the hell is even going on anymore.

---

Besides that, focusing on games with low sales as my main metric of determining what is "underrated?" The non-Persona Shin Megami Tensei games, Bayonetta, and strangely, the original Doom duology (surprisingly, VGChartz indicates that Doom and Doom II, two of the most important shooters ever released, sold a combined 3.5 million or so units thru 1999, about as much as the PS1 version of Rugrats in Paris).

Love and tolerate.

Well, there's Metroid, Shantae, Donkey Kong, F-Zero and Star Fox. Those are the ones I can name off the top of my head.

Metroid
Mana y Saga rpgs series

Around the Network

Metroid, the thread.

haxxiy said:

Metroid, the thread.

Yeah. -_-

Advance Wars: no ports... new game please.

Trauma Center: we couldn't even get New Blood in Europe.

Picross 3D: were is the much needed Switch version?

Kingdom: played the original on PC and Two Crowns was great on Switch.

Cook, Serve, Delicious!: best game I played last year.

Last edited by TomaTito - on 17 April 2022

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Hotel Dusk / Last Window

Two great games with interesting characters, good dialogue and engrossing stories, but sold around 500k / 200k respectively on the DS if this site is accurate.

Danganronpa, Ys and Trails.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 17 April 2022