By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What Underrated Series Do You Think Should Be More Popular?

Atelier. My wife loves this series but mainly because it feels like I’m spending about a $100 twice a year for a bundled series of this game not only on PS4 but on Switch, too.

It’s kinda growing on me.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
TomaTito said:

Advance Wars: no ports... new game please.

We would've had a new this month, but a certain fascist empire fucked things up and now it may very well be cancelled. -_-

That is still a remaster of Advance Wars 1&2, and pretty sure those are remakes/sequels of the Japan only Wars series.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Digimon. Granted, I've only played one game, but I thought it was pretty good and found myself thinking: wow, why aren't more people talking about Digimon?

Golden Sun

Paperboy_J said:

Digimon. Granted, I've only played one game, but I thought it was pretty good and found myself thinking: wow, why aren't more people talking about Digimon?

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition?

Around the Network
foxmccloud64 said:

I would add Wario games both Land/world(and nintendo really should launch a new one) and Ware series, it's true that they are more experimental that other franchises, but that's their charm and i love them for that and all the humor, if mainstream consumers weren't just onto the same franchises time and time again, they would see that there are a lot of tinier games that are as if not more entertaining that some of the big budget games, or in the case of wario ware series that some cheap mobile knockoffs.

WarioWare is another one. Smooth Moves was probably the first true party game I’ve ever played. Yeah, people have used “Party game” to describe Mario Kart and such, but those aren’t what I’d call a party - more like an office lunchtime gonna fuck up my co-workers game; like a replacement for the extended coffee break. A party has alcohol, dancing, flirtation, that sort of stuff. WarioWare is the first game I recall effectively integrating into that scene - Guitar Hero should have been, but I found that game mostly just killed parties into a bunch of people sitting around with bored eyes and dumb lips sipping drinks until I someone gave them an excuse to go some place else. Passing that controller around with Smooth Moves: the interaction, the movement, the comedy, the fun… that made the game a big hit. I think the major issue is the game wasn’t marketed as a proper party game so not many people tried it that way - Just Dance went with the proper “this game’s for people who like to party!” strategy and that game series exploded into tens of millions of sales. Smooth Moves could have been that, because it’s not usurping games like Wii Sports in the “I want to burn a few dozen calories and socialize with my friends/family before jumping into something lazy and boring” type game.

I’m totally onboard with WarioWare as a game that should have been, and could have been, more popular. Much more popular.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

In some sense, I agree with the people who mention Metroid. But, can we really call that an underrated series? I think more people should play it, but I feel like it is pretty widely recognized as a significant IP. There's even a genre of games named after it.