By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Is free speech suppressed on the internet's main public squares

Yes 56 53.85%

No 44 42.31%

Undecided 4 3.85%

Total:104

Twitter is now Z

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

Twitter is now Z

Z, or..... not Z ?..

Elon ranting about PCs with Windows now because MS wants him to create an account to collect user data. Good that he didn't change Twitter into a service asking you to create an account even if you just want to read tweets...and also good that he doesn't want X to be the service for everyting in the future which would be the worst personal data collector ever.

But his sheep would follow him even into hell

Free speech is based on respecting others on the internet. Which is why all websites have "moderators" to keep people respecting each other on different websites.

BiON!@ 

Donald Trump, Seeking Cash Infusion, Meets With Elon Musk - The New York Times

X Could Stop Showing Number of Likes and Reposts: Elon Musk

Moron.

But this is among the top 5 of "saddest things Musk has ever said"

What a loser 💀🤣

Around the Network
hellobion2 said:

Free speech is based on respecting others on the internet. Which is why all websites have "moderators" to keep people respecting each other on different websites.

Disagree complete with this. It is for sensitive subjects free speech is needed. Saying things that upsets no one is okay in any society no matter if they have free speech laws or not.   

Captain Free Speech strikes again. Doesn't like fair questions in an interview, so he cancels the interviewer's contract on the platform.

https://apnews.com/article/elon-musk-don-lemon-cancellation-bdbed1da86c3640daa63e384c734f5db

What a child.

TallSilhouette said:

Captain Free Speech strikes again. Doesn't like fair questions in an interview, so he cancels the interviewer's contract on the platform.

(snip)

What a child.

I think what Musk hates most about free speech is that it provides parity to the rich and poor, hence why he keeps leveraging money to create his version of free speech.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Elon's Blue Checkmark system is terrible.

Try reading the replies to any viral tweet, and you'll see nothing but completely irrelevant comments.
Because blue checkmark comments are pushed to the top, and they are just spamming irrelevant shit to try to get clout.

In the past, if you saw the checkmark, you knew it was a comment from someone relevant to the subject, or at least a notable person.
Now it's the complete opposite, and I avoid/block every blue checkmark.

Last edited by Hiku - on 17 March 2024

Hiku said:

Elon's Blue Checkmark system is terrible.

Try reading the replies to any viral tweet, and you'll see nothing but completely irrelevant comments.
Because blue checkmark comments are pushed to the top, and they are just spamming irrelevant shit to try to get clout.

In the past, if you saw the checkmark, you knew it was a comment from someone relevant to the subject, or at least a notable person.
Now it's the complete opposite, and I avoid/block every blue checkmark.

It was supposed to solve the bot problem, but as far as I can see, the bot problem has never been worse than it is now. But hey, at least it makes money for Elon! Well, less loss really, since he's been so "great" at managing the service...