Is free speech suppressed on the internet's main public squares

Yes 56 53.85%

No 44 42.31%

Undecided 4 3.85%

Total:104
KLXVER said:
RolStoppable said:

No, that's not what I meant.

For a guy like Musk it's not enough to be crazy rich. Additionally, everyone is supposed to view him as one of the greatest men to have ever lived; but money can't buy him that and it frustrates him, hence why his statements get more perplexing with each month that passes. In order to be recognized as great, one has to be great. But Musk isn't even average. He is, quite frankly, scum. That's why he is poor; extremely poor in virtue.

KLXVER said:

Yeah, because he has done nothing with his life or done anything good for anybody else, right? And why are you angry at him? Because he doesnt feel and think the way you do at all times?

A reason to be angry at Musk is that he tried to buy a highly popular social media platform with the intent to manipulate the global population. In the span of a year he has retweeted a lot of bullshit tweets in the hopes of shaping public opinion and even influencing elections. In the beginning he said that free speech was oppressed on Twitter before he bought it, and after he bought it, it didn't take long until he began to oppress free speech by banning people who criticized him. That was the first blatant sign of how fake Musk is.

I could ask myself why you even bother to defend him, but that's already been answered by your final question which is typical projection. The reason for your defense of him is that Musk supports at least some opinions that align with yours, hence you think that people who don't like him do so merely because of a difference of opinion.

If Musk was just another guy with questionable to stupid opinions, there'd be no good reason to talk about him. But he's a billionaire who uses his money to spread propaganda and intentionally mislead people to vote for far-right political parties who are willing to lick anyone's boots if that helps them to gain power. While regular political parties are by no means innocent of trading money for power, there's at least some sense for moral standards left.

In the most recent video, it's also pathetic how Musk wants to blame a potential ruin of X on companies who pulled out of advertising. Objectively, it's clear that Musk himself is the culprit, but I suppose he assumes that there are enough idiots out there who sympathize with him and fall prey to believing him, because there are also a lot of people out there who still support Donald Trump. But the difference is that Musk is fat while The Donald is so cool.

I like to "defend" people who use their money to do some good in the world. Elon Musk has and does. He might be a bit weird and I dont agree with everything he says or does, but Im from an older generation I guess. I like to deal in facts over feelings. Although feelings about someone are important, they shouldnt completely disregard everything about a person. Twitter was already manipulating people to vote Democrat, but Im guessing you never noticed that back then. Just people on the right being banned all the time for nothing pretty much, while people on the left could say what they wanted. I think it is more free now. I rarely hear about anyone getting banned for their political beliefs. I dont know how many people he has banned for criticizing him, but he should try to handle that better.(When it comes to actual criticism of course and not the people verbally attacking the man)

Still astonishing to me how many people still don't see that Musk does nothing for anyone except for himself. He shows again and again how he gives a shit about humans and only does stuff beneficial for humans to be in the spotlight. He gives a fuck about his employees, he didn't care about destroying the life of a rescue diver, assked why Germany saves people from drowning because they are illegal immigrants and so on... He also proved often enough that he doesn't really care about our environment even though he's the boss of Tesla. But I guess he didn't buy into this company to save the planet.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

Twitter was already manipulating people to vote Democrat, but Im guessing you never noticed that back then. Just people on the right being banned all the time for nothing pretty much, while people on the left could say what they wanted. I think it is more free now. I rarely hear about anyone getting banned for their political beliefs.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/business/tech/is-twitter-really-biased-this-study-takes-a-look/
https://www.techdirt.com/2022/04/18/fascinating-new-study-suggests-again-that-twitter-moderation-is-biased-against-misinformation-not-conservatives/
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/oct/22/twitter-admits-bias-in-algorithm-for-rightwing-politicians-and-news-outlets
https://theconversation.com/twitters-algorithm-favours-the-political-right-a-recent-study-finds-175154

TallSilhouette said:
KLXVER said:

Twitter was already manipulating people to vote Democrat, but Im guessing you never noticed that back then. Just people on the right being banned all the time for nothing pretty much, while people on the left could say what they wanted. I think it is more free now. I rarely hear about anyone getting banned for their political beliefs.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/business/tech/is-twitter-really-biased-this-study-takes-a-look/
https://www.techdirt.com/2022/04/18/fascinating-new-study-suggests-again-that-twitter-moderation-is-biased-against-misinformation-not-conservatives/
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/oct/22/twitter-admits-bias-in-algorithm-for-rightwing-politicians-and-news-outlets
https://theconversation.com/twitters-algorithm-favours-the-political-right-a-recent-study-finds-175154

Fair enough. I take back that Twitter itself was manipulating people to vote Democrat.(Even though these studies were made after the 2020 election) It was more the people running it. They do say in the article that they needed to fix it.

But more people on the right were definitely banned on a regular basis before Elon Musk took over.

KLXVER said:

I like to "defend" people who use their money to do some good in the world. Elon Musk has and does. He might be a bit weird and I dont agree with everything he says or does, but Im from an older generation I guess. I like to deal in facts over feelings. Although feelings about someone are important, they shouldnt completely disregard everything about a person. Twitter was already manipulating people to vote Democrat, but Im guessing you never noticed that back then. Just people on the right being banned all the time for nothing pretty much, while people on the left could say what they wanted. I think it is more free now. I rarely hear about anyone getting banned for their political beliefs. I dont know how many people he has banned for criticizing him, but he should try to handle that better.(When it comes to actual criticism of course and not the people verbally attacking the man)

Musk is definitely net negative when it comes to using his money to do some good in the world, meaning that he does more bad than good.

The Twitter bias has already been addressed. But more people on the right getting banned does not indicate bias against the right. You have to remember that people on the right, more specifically the far-right, do post a lot of bullshit and lies; and the far-right outnumber the far-left greatly, so no surprise which side ends up with more bans on a more regular basis.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

KLXVER said:
TallSilhouette said:

Fair enough. I take back that Twitter itself was manipulating people to vote Democrat.(Even though these studies were made after the 2020 election) It was more the people running it. They do say in the article that they needed to fix it.

But more people on the right were definitely banned on a regular basis before Elon Musk took over.

More people on the right were banned before but you have not shown that that was illegitimate or even why that is undesirable. Easily could be that the political right is more likely to break TOS. For instance if they had a rule against misgendering people than one side is much more likely to break that rule. You could argue about disagreeing with the rule but it would be applied fairly while still likely having one political side more than another. If you want a less contentious rule they could have similar results with a rule against racist comments.  

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
KLXVER said:

Musk is definitely net negative when it comes to using his money to do some good in the world, meaning that he does more bad than good.

The Twitter bias has already been addressed. But more people on the right getting banned does not indicate bias against the right. You have to remember that people on the right, more specifically the far-right, do post a lot of bullshit and lies; and the far-right outnumber the far-left greatly, so no surprise which side ends up with more bans on a more regular basis.

Well Im not talking about far-right people. Im mostly talking about rightwing celebrities and commentators. But then again people call celebrities like Ben Shapiro and Candace Owens far-right, so I guess the term "far-right" has kinda lost its meaning at this point.

TallSilhouette said:

Man, Elon is really unraveling...

He's right actually. Many industries are suffering for being politically driven instead of being business driven. Disney is one of them, with their extreme-left agenda being part of their actual operations and policies.

Elon Musk has a track record of success, Bob Iger currently has a track record of failure ever since their leftist policies became central to their business, starting with Star Wars 7.

People are upset at musk because of political bias, because he's center and not left. But he's succeeding in all his businesses and will continue to succeed because he's intelligent. He is confident because he's right.

Moreover, the guy has a right to his opinion and if he believes there is racism in the Jewish community he is allowed to talk about it, as we have heard non-stop about racism in the white community, which has also created a lot of chaos in the past 7 years, yet who at Disney is complaining about that? On the contrary, Disney produces trash:

Many people see this flagrant hypocrisy and are not impressed.

padib said:
TallSilhouette said:

He's right actually. Many industries are suffering for being politically driven instead of being business driven. Disney is one of them, with their extreme-left agenda being part of their actual operations and policies.

Elon Musk has a track record of success, Bob Iger currently has a track record of failure ever since their leftist policies became central to their business, starting with Star Wars 7.

People are upset at musk because of political bias, because he's center and not left. But he's succeeding in all his businesses and will continue to succeed because he's intelligent. He is confident because he's right.

Moreover, the guy has a right to his opinion and if he believes there is racism in the Jewish community he is allowed to talk about it, as we have heard non-stop about racism in the white community, which has also created a lot of chaos in the past 7 years, yet who at Disney is complaining about that? On the contrary, Disney produces trash:

Um, where in the video (or interview) I linked did Elon say any of that? What does any of that nonsensical spiel have to do with Elon tanking Twitter/X with own goal after own goal? What's it like to be that detached from reality?

KLXVER said:
RolStoppable said:

Well Im not talking about far-right people. Im mostly talking about rightwing celebrities and commentators. But then again people call celebrities like Ben Shapiro and Candace Owens far-right, so I guess the term "far-right" has kinda lost its meaning at this point.

You'd have to define what far-right means to you and give examples of statements that got people banned in an unjust manner in your opinion, otherwise there's no good basis to continue here.

padib said:

padib, how come that you claim that Musk is succeeding in all of his businesses right in the very thread about his one business that he is clearly running into the ground? Even more ironic is that X is suffering because it's driven by Musk's far-right political agenda. Your post is like a comedy routine, except that we all know that it isn't one.

And what about Disney? Well, why should we care. No matter how bad Disney is, none of it changes or undoes Musk's actions and the significant devaluation of X, formerly known as Twitter.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

padib said:
TallSilhouette said:

"Elon Musk is correct because Disney made a Proud Family scene that I don't like"

The fuck? A quick google shows me that Disney's stock went up 400% in the time Bob Iger was CEO so this idea that he's got a history of failures while Elon Musk has a history of success is insane. No matter how many cartoon scenes they make that Dave Rubin disagrees with.