Around the Network
SKMBlake said:

*Nintendo announces 7 billion games which will release in the coming months*
nobody:

*Nintendo pushes a game from late 2022 to early 2023*
People: Nintendo has a delay problem

^Sums up the OT.

Entitled thread.

lol what a pathetic thread. Translation "I want my Zelda now! Fuck you Nintendo!"

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Entitled thread.

lol what a pathetic thread. Translation "I want my Zelda now! Fuck you Nintendo!"

Don't need to be insulting.

IcaroRibeiro said:

100% sure Nintendo crunch their developers. It's common in Japan, it's just don't get media coverage because people are more permissive there

You should read up on Monolith Soft. Employees have to ask permission to work overtime and generally they don't allow that. Since Monolith is an Internal studio I'm sure it's not limited to just them.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

100% sure Nintendo crunch their developers. It's common in Japan, it's just don't get media coverage because people are more permissive there

You should read up on Monolith Soft. Employees have to ask permission to work overtime and generally they don't allow that. Since Monolith is an Internal studio I'm sure it's not limited to just them.

So that's Monolith Soft trying to cut down on crunch?

sethnintendo said:

If anything they should perhaps delay their games more considering they are starting to get into the habit of releasing games that are lacking features and then relying on DLC to make the game complete.

Ever since Splatoon they've gone down this route, it was a new title and a risky release. In the end, it was a success to update the game via free DLCs that kept the title fresh and relevant for months after it came out, and since that strategy worked they've tried to do it in other games... They even tried it with Splatoon 2, that game should have come out complete out of the gate. Let's see what will happen with Splatoon 3 this year.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Ok since this has turned into an obnoxious debate. It's clear to me that some peeps have been turning a blind to the fact Nintendo is one of the really few publisher/devs to have one of the reasonably better turn out ratio from reveal to release in the industry appart from few occasions. So many titles in the last months and few years back had been announced and yet released in a delay of less than a year.

Heck, they just released a big 3D Kirby game that was shown back in September. Metroid Dread was announced at E3 and subsequently released in October. The first year of the Switch had all its first party titles released in the first year like they shown at the presentation event.

Delays are bound to happen sadly for some projects obviously but people have to be litteraly blind to think that this has been an actual recent problem within the company because of few outliers.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

If you do some research then you would see Nintendo for the most part releases their games on time. It's only a few that get delayed.

Leynos said:

Entitled thread.

Your words, not anyone else in the thread.

It’s not entitled or pathetic to expect a Nintendo to release Zelda when they said they’re going to release it. To put it another way: would you tell a client or customer they’re pathetic or entitled for expecting your work to be done on time?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.