By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Has A Delay Problem

Entitled thread.

lol what a pathetic thread. Translation "I want my Zelda now! Fuck you Nintendo!"

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:

100% sure Nintendo crunch their developers. It's common in Japan, it's just don't get media coverage because people are more permissive there

You should read up on Monolith Soft. Employees have to ask permission to work overtime and generally they don't allow that. Since Monolith is an Internal studio I'm sure it's not limited to just them.

sethnintendo said:

If anything they should perhaps delay their games more considering they are starting to get into the habit of releasing games that are lacking features and then relying on DLC to make the game complete.

Ever since Splatoon they've gone down this route, it was a new title and a risky release. In the end, it was a success to update the game via free DLCs that kept the title fresh and relevant for months after it came out, and since that strategy worked they've tried to do it in other games... They even tried it with Splatoon 2, that game should have come out complete out of the gate. Let's see what will happen with Splatoon 3 this year.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

If you do some research then you would see Nintendo for the most part releases their games on time. It's only a few that get delayed.

Leynos said:

Entitled thread.

lol what a pathetic thread. Translation "I want my Zelda now! Fuck you Nintendo!"

Your words, not anyone else in the thread.

It’s not entitled or pathetic to expect a Nintendo to release Zelda when they said they’re going to release it. To put it another way: would you tell a client or customer they’re pathetic or entitled for expecting your work to be done on time?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Leynos said:

Entitled thread.

It’s not entitled or pathetic to expect a Nintendo to release Zelda when they said they’re going to release it. To put it another way: would you tell a client or customer they’re pathetic or entitled for expecting your work to be done on time?

They don't owe you shit. They don't work for you. Neither are a client of one another as niether have a contractual agreement. Zelda games always get delayed and they are usually worth it. Plenty of other games coming out this year for Switch alone. You'll be fine.

Leynos said:
Jumpin said:

They don't owe you shit. They don't work for you. Neither are a client of one another as niether have a contractual agreement. Zelda games always get delayed and they are usually worth it. Plenty of other games coming out this year for Switch alone. You'll be fine.

I didn’t say they worked for me nor did I say they “owe me shit.” Again, your words, not mine.

They shouldn’t need a contractual agreement to release their games when they say they’re going to release them. A history of delays, or the existence of other games, doesn’t excuse the delay.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 30 March 2022

I feel like it is very common for most big games to see at least one delay. Seems more like an industry wide issue than just Nintendo.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

You know, I started working on a spreadsheet and thread idea to show the data in this topic so people can stop making this kind of nonsense up. I have my motivation now, so I'm glad this ridiculous thread exists, thanks.

theRepublic said:

I feel like it is very common for most big games to see at least one delay. Seems more like an industry wide issue than just Nintendo.

Nintendo has become much better during the Switch era than they have been in the past. This issue is mostly about BotW2 being announced way too early - and that both increases the chance of it being delayed and also makes that delay much more annoying. But, thanks to tightened announcement schedules to a few months before release during the Switch era, most games are announced with a very reasonable window and released on time.

Personally speaking, I don’t pay enough attention to third party release schedules to notice. The vast majority of third party games I don’t even find out about until I see them announced in the weekly release lists on the Switch Game News Channel.

The reason this one is such a big deal is because Nintendo is the highest profile publisher, and Zelda is Nintendo’s highest profile franchise on the Switch. More people care about this one than any of the others.