By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Has A Delay Problem

Jumpin said:
Leynos said:

Entitled thread.

lol what a pathetic thread. Translation "I want my Zelda now! Fuck you Nintendo!"

Your words, not anyone else in the thread.

It’s not entitled or pathetic to expect a Nintendo to release Zelda when they said they’re going to release it. To put it another way: would you tell a client or customer they’re pathetic or entitled for expecting your work to be done on time?

They don't owe you shit. They don't work for you. Neither are a client of one another as niether have a contractual agreement. Zelda games always get delayed and they are usually worth it. Plenty of other games coming out this year for Switch alone. You'll be fine.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Delayed software happens all of the time to all of the platforms on the market. I think I would be more worried about Ubisoft than Nintendo right now. I cannot remember the last game that they released that did not get delayed (other than Just Dance). They use gigantic teams and it seems that they are never able to get a game out within a year of its target release. A side of effect of this might be the fact they announce most games to early, but a big team does not mean it will be on time.

Nintendo has announced some games way to soon and they have gotten delayed as a result. I do find it a bit surprising how long BOTW 2 is taking as it uses a lot of existing things from the previous game. But hopefully that is just a sign of how ambitious of a game it will be though. For the most part Nintendo has gotten most games out on time this gen. There have been a few incidents like MP4 and Bayo 4 that have had development challenges. Neither have technically been delay as they never had a launch period, but I think we could all agree they have probably not hit internal release schedules though. Then there have been some small delays like Advanced Wars , Animal Crossing, and now BOTW. But those delays were like a 3 to 6 months.

Overall I think Nintendo has done a good job not announcing most game to early and have hit there release targets. Its a lot better from the Wii U era when delays seemed like a everyday thing.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Leynos said:
Jumpin said:

Your words, not anyone else in the thread.

It’s not entitled or pathetic to expect a Nintendo to release Zelda when they said they’re going to release it. To put it another way: would you tell a client or customer they’re pathetic or entitled for expecting your work to be done on time?

They don't owe you shit. They don't work for you. Neither are a client of one another as niether have a contractual agreement. Zelda games always get delayed and they are usually worth it. Plenty of other games coming out this year for Switch alone. You'll be fine.

I didn’t say they worked for me nor did I say they “owe me shit.” Again, your words, not mine.

They shouldn’t need a contractual agreement to release their games when they say they’re going to release them. A history of delays, or the existence of other games, doesn’t excuse the delay.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 30 March 2022

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I feel like it is very common for most big games to see at least one delay. Seems more like an industry wide issue than just Nintendo.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (2014/2017)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
3DS - Pushmo (2011)
3DS - New Super Mario Bros. 2 (2012)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

You know, I started working on a spreadsheet and thread idea to show the data in this topic so people can stop making this kind of nonsense up. I have my motivation now, so I'm glad this ridiculous thread exists, thanks.

Around the Network
theRepublic said:

I feel like it is very common for most big games to see at least one delay. Seems more like an industry wide issue than just Nintendo.

Nintendo has become much better during the Switch era than they have been in the past. This issue is mostly about BotW2 being announced way too early - and that both increases the chance of it being delayed and also makes that delay much more annoying. But, thanks to tightened announcement schedules to a few months before release during the Switch era, most games are announced with a very reasonable window and released on time.

Personally speaking, I don’t pay enough attention to third party release schedules to notice. The vast majority of third party games I don’t even find out about until I see them announced in the weekly release lists on the Switch Game News Channel.

The reason this one is such a big deal is because Nintendo is the highest profile publisher, and Zelda is Nintendo’s highest profile franchise on the Switch. More people care about this one than any of the others.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

When I think of a developer that often delays games, Nintendo developers are not the developers that I think of.

The biggest delayers of all time would be Square Enix, but also Polyphony in 2nd due to GT5.

Though I must say TLOZ devs are definitely attaining that reputation due to BOTW and BOTW2.

Nintendo will have a delay problem when they delay my precious Xenoblade 3.

Also, Zelda games getting delays are so expected nowadays. They did the same thing for Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild.(Don't forget Ocarina of Time!) We were complaining about those delays back then too. Other series have no problem getting released in time. So it seems more of a Zelda issue.

The only Home Console Zelda games not delayed were the 2D ones, Wind Waker (Which was extremely rushed) and Twilight Princess (Which was rushed out to meet the Wii Launch Date).

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems!

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Like they say:

What ten programmers can do in ten hours, twenty programmers will do in twenty hours.

killeryoshis said:

Nintendo will have a delay problem when they delay my precious Xenoblade 3.

Also, Zelda games getting delays are so expected nowadays. They did the same thing for Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild.(Don't forget Ocarina of Time!) We were complaining about those delays back then too. Other series have no problem getting released in time. So it seems more of a Zelda issue.

The only Home Console Zelda games not delayed were the 2D ones, Wind Waker (Which was extremely rushed) and Twilight Princess (Which was rushed out to meet the Wii Launch Date).

I'm fairly certain TP was announced for 2005, but delayed to be a crossover title? I might recall incorrectly though.

OT: Regarding the botw sequel delay, I'm pretty sure it's all about timing. 2022's got plenty of upcoming games so they'd rather not saturate the release schedule.