By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Play Horizon on PS4 Pro, or wait for PS5??

What should I do?

Play it soon on PS4 Pro 20 43.48%

Wait until I get a PS5 26 56.52%

Total:46

Would play it right now, seems like good enough on PS4 base and better on Pro. And next year you can do a NG+ on PS5

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I would wait if your plan is to play at the best possible quality. Though if you want the game so bad, go for it.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

twintail said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2022-horizon-forbidden-west-the-digital-foundry-tech-review

@VAMatt This check it out and see if those differences are worth waiting for, or are enough for you to replay it when you get your PS5.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I'll wait until I get my hands on a PS5. I have so many games still to play anyway that I'm not exactly in a rush to buy any new ones at the moment.

It will be more than functional on the PS4/PS4 Pro but I would wait if I were you. The game will likely be down to $40 on PSN by time you get a PS5. There are likely tons of other games you can play right now on your PS4 Pro and Xbox Series X.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 144 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million)

PS5: 105 million Xbox Series S/X: 60 million

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

Whatever you decide, but it on PS4 so you get the free upgrade

Get the GOTY/compete edition on PS5.

I'm in the exact same boat. I'd love a PS5 but I just can't seem to get my hands on one. Even with the invite PlayStation themselves I still came up empty handed. Should have gotten one when I had the opportunity back in 2020...

But yeah, I'm buying on PS4 Pro.

Twitter: @d21lewis

The poll results are more evenly matched than I expected. I figured a significant majority would say to wait for PS5.

That comment about selling the PS4 Pro has me thinkin'......

It depends on what you have to play at the moment.

If you've got plenty of games to get you through the year, I'd do that and experience Horizon 2 at it's best with all the post launch updates and improvements (and maybe DLC)