By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Play Horizon on PS4 Pro, or wait for PS5??

What should I do?

Play it soon on PS4 Pro 20 43.48%

Wait until I get a PS5 26 56.52%

Total:46

If you have a backlog, I'd wait until you get a PS5. I'd imagine there might be some extra story DLC like the Frozen Wilds available by then as well.

Around the Network

I’d say, or rather, what I’d do, is just get what I want to play now for the system I own, and then if it’s awesome enough just get it again on the other system. Sure, that means I have BotW for example twice but whatever.

So; I’d get Horizon now on PS4Pro, then if I thought it was good enough I’d get it a couple years or whenever down the line for PS5 as well when I’d have that system as well.

Wait for the slim. The current one is way too big and ugly for me personally.

Depends on how badly you want to play it. If I did not have my PS5, I would have played it on PS4 Pro.

But the game is landing right between two big time sinks (Dying Light and Eldin Ring). I may have to delay Forbidden West myself as I want to play Eldin Ring day 1, and I don't want to have to rush Horizon to do that. In the mean time I am playing Scarlet Nexus and Mass Effect Legendary Edition on gamepass, so I fully understand the notion that you already have too much to play lol.

I think that given its timing, you should wait for a lull and pick it up for whatever console you have at the time.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

If I really want the game, then I am buying it now.

For example Elden Ring will be bought on PS4. I don't need a PS5 for it, so I won't get a PS5. If SE releases FFXVI exclusively for PS5 soon, then I would have to buy a PS5.

Around the Network

If I was in your position I would wait since I would not want to go back to gen 8 level tech after experiencing all the benefits gen 9 brings. Though it depends on how bothersome you'd find that.

I'd wait. Actually, I am waiting. I have a PS5 but I don't mind waiting for the likely PC release. It's not like I don't have a backlog.

4 ≈ One

Shiken said:

Depends on how badly you want to play it. If I did not have my PS5, I would have played it on PS4 Pro.

But the game is landing right between two big time sinks (Dying Light and Eldin Ring). I may have to delay Forbidden West myself as I want to play Eldin Ring day 1, and I don't want to have to rush Horizon to do that. In the mean time I am playing Scarlet Nexus and Mass Effect Legendary Edition on gamepass, so I fully understand the notion that you already have too much to play lol.

I think that given its timing, you should wait for a lull and pick it up for whatever console you have at the time.

I think this is the way it's going to end up going for me. I play a lot of Destiny, and there's a big expansion hitting that next week. There's also Elden Ring.  I'm still playing Halo Infinite quite a bit as well.  All of those things are on Series X.  So, I'll probably wait on Horizon until I reach a point that I'm looking for something to play, and pick it up for PS4 if I still don't have a PS5 at that time.  At the very least, I'll save some money on the game by waiting.  

I've got it on my base PS4 and it looks fantastic

I haven't played the ps4 version, but the ps5 is ridiculously. 60 fps is amazing, sharp, clear and great effects (smoke, fire, etc.). I would play the ps5 version, it is something else.