By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass DLC Announced, 48 Course DLC

Vodacixi said:
Mar1217 said:

When you think about it, the usual classic cups are more so remade tracks from past games.

This one might be straight up go with a more simple remastering approach. Still, even some of the tracks in MK Tour look or in the trailer looked pretty good so I'm not afraid of a butt-ugly job done there. Simply I'll temper my expectations on the graphical front.

Yeah... but Mario Kart 8 elevated the retro tracks visual quality up to 11.

Rainbow Road 64:

Moo Moo Meadows (Wii)

I don't see an upgrade as big as what we got with the base game. Maybe it's because we didn't get to see much of these new remastered tracks. We'll see...

Yup, my point is mosty proven. 

The packs will contain more so remastered track while the ones we had before during the first DLC Wave and base game are closer to reimaginings sorta.

Yet, I'll still take Shroom Ridge HD with more simple HD textures than the now dated pixelated OG tracks of the DS.

Surprisingly enough, even the Tour tracks clearly got some good upgrades in the MK8 rendering engine, so it's still clear they ain't doing a butt job here thankfully.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
siebensus4 said:
Dulfite said:

Free for us NSO+ Subscribers :)

I guess you will lose all 48 additional tracks as soon as you unsubscribe from NSO+, just like the Animal Crossing Happy Home Paradise DLC.

To be honest, this was the last thing I have expected almost 5 years after the launch of MK8D. I thought this DLC would come in 2018 or 2019 at the latest - but now??

MK8D already had the most courses of any Mario Kart - and we get another 48 tracks to double the content? Wow, I bet some tracks won't come in ages if you play online. Don't get me wrong, MK8D is a good game with the best physics to date, but it also lacks in long term motivation to play the game (you don't unlock anything anymore), there are no events, online lag just sucks, you have too many shells with 2 x 3 shells and 12 characters playing and you can't drive with your favourite character and kart because of disadvantage. Mario Kart Tour does all these things better, but the controls are horrible.

MK8DX is the Nintendo game with the smoothest online experience. Didn't ever have any lag.



In Switzerland we pay CHF 35 for the DLC, which is $ 38 instead of $ 25. Not fair. We should pay CHF 23 for the current exchange rate. Dollar really lost value.

Last edited by siebensus4 - on 10 February 2022

siebensus4 said:

In Switzerland we pay CHF 35 for the DLC, which is $ 38 instead of $ 25. Not fair. We should pay $ 23 for the current exchange rate.

Here in Canada, it's 33 CAD$

How the frick could the CHF get such a bad conversion to USD ?! Is it the same price on the Eshop ?



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
siebensus4 said:

In Switzerland we pay CHF 35 for the DLC, which is $ 38 instead of $ 25. Not fair. We should pay $ 23 for the current exchange rate.

Here in Canada, it's 33 CAD$

How the frick could the CHF get such a bad conversion to USD ?! Is it the same price on the Eshop ?

laughs in €



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Yeah, 35 CHF is the eshop price. In rest of Europe it's 25 EUR = 28 $. Dollar and Euro lost a lot of value. Swiss Franc is a very stable currency. Still no reason why the price for the DLC is so high in Switzerland.



I did find it a bit weird when they announced the DLC that they were referring to as a remaster and not a remake/re-imagining, since all the re-releasing tracks they have done to this point have been remade from the ground up. When I saw the trailer in the direct I did not really notice that these tracks were not taking the remaking style. But after watching the trailer again after the fact, I can definitely see that this does seem to be a remaster like they hinted at and not a remake. While they still look a lot better, it is a bit disappointing that we will not be getting that same standard of quality that we have previously gotten. But I guess we now know why they went with the price of $25.



     

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

siebensus4 said:

Yeah, 35 CHF is the eshop price. In rest of Europe it's 25 EUR = 28 $. Dollar and Euro lost a lot of value. Swiss Franc is a very stable currency. Still no reason why the price for the DLC is so high in Switzerland.

Honestly, I think that could warrant a legitimate call to Nintendo customer service asking why the discrepancy in prices.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

cycycychris said:

I did find it a bit weird when they announced the DLC that they were referring to as a remaster and not a remake/re-imagining, since all the re-releasing tracks they have done to this point have been remade from the ground up. When I saw the trailer in the direct I did not really notice that these tracks were not taking the remaking style. But after watching the trailer again after the fact, I can definitely see that this does seem to be a remaster like they hinted at and not a remake. While they still look a lot better, it is a bit disappointing that we will not be getting that same standard of quality that we have previously gotten. But I guess we now know why they went with the price of $25.

I think the one thing I'm most worried about id the potential lack of anti gravity in pretty much all courses if they are just remastering. But hey I bought the game finally on the Switch since I'm still hyped. (Have MK8 on Wii-U)



cycycychris said:

I did find it a bit weird when they announced the DLC that they were referring to as a remaster and not a remake/re-imagining, since all the re-releasing tracks they have done to this point have been remade from the ground up. When I saw the trailer in the direct I did not really notice that these tracks were not taking the remaking style. But after watching the trailer again after the fact, I can definitely see that this does seem to be a remaster like they hinted at and not a remake. While they still look a lot better, it is a bit disappointing that we will not be getting that same standard of quality that we have previously gotten. But I guess we now know why they went with the price of $25.

Weirdly enough,  after watching the video a few times. This issue seems to affect more so the tracks from previous games while the one from Tour meshes better with the aesthetic of MK8 even if it's not totally up to part with the main tracks. Also it does prolly mean we'll get the full track version of Tour's track which are usually played in sections.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909