By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass DLC Announced, 48 Course DLC

siebensus4 said:
Dulfite said:

Free for us NSO+ Subscribers :)

I guess you will lose all 48 additional tracks as soon as you unsubscribe from NSO+, just like the Animal Crossing Happy Home Paradise DLC.

To be honest, this was the last thing I have expected almost 5 years after the launch of MK8D. I thought this DLC would come in 2018 or 2019 at the latest - but now??

MK8D already had the most courses of any Mario Kart - and we get another 48 tracks to double the content? Wow, I bet some tracks won't come in ages if you play online. Don't get me wrong, MK8D is a good game with the best physics to date, but it also lacks in long term motivation to play the game (you don't unlock anything anymore), there are no events, online lag just sucks, you have too many shells with 2 x 3 shells and 12 characters playing and you can't drive with your favourite character and kart because of disadvantage. Mario Kart Tour does all these things better, but the controls are horrible.

MK8DX is the Nintendo game with the smoothest online experience. Didn't ever have any lag.

Around the Network

In Switzerland we pay CHF 35 for the DLC, which is $ 38 instead of $ 25. Not fair. We should pay CHF 23 for the current exchange rate. Dollar really lost value.

Last edited by siebensus4 - on 10 February 2022

Mar1217 said:
siebensus4 said:

In Switzerland we pay CHF 35 for the DLC, which is $ 38 instead of $ 25. Not fair. We should pay $ 23 for the current exchange rate.

Here in Canada, it's 33 CAD$

How the frick could the CHF get such a bad conversion to USD ?! Is it the same price on the Eshop ?

laughs in €

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Yeah, 35 CHF is the eshop price. In rest of Europe it's 25 EUR = 28 $. Dollar and Euro lost a lot of value. Swiss Franc is a very stable currency. Still no reason why the price for the DLC is so high in Switzerland.

cycycychris said:

I did find it a bit weird when they announced the DLC that they were referring to as a remaster and not a remake/re-imagining, since all the re-releasing tracks they have done to this point have been remade from the ground up. When I saw the trailer in the direct I did not really notice that these tracks were not taking the remaking style. But after watching the trailer again after the fact, I can definitely see that this does seem to be a remaster like they hinted at and not a remake. While they still look a lot better, it is a bit disappointing that we will not be getting that same standard of quality that we have previously gotten. But I guess we now know why they went with the price of $25.

I think the one thing I'm most worried about id the potential lack of anti gravity in pretty much all courses if they are just remastering. But hey I bought the game finally on the Switch since I'm still hyped. (Have MK8 on Wii-U)

Around the Network

Which will be the chosen ones?

Last edited by ShadowLink93 - on 03 March 2022

cycycychris said:

For those wondering if Switch will get its own Mario Kart title, I think that just about answers that question. While I am a bit disappointed that this will only be remastered courses and no new ones, I am excited to finally get back into the Mario Kart series again. I will definitely be buying this DLC.

Technically you are correct but the 11 original Mario Kart tour tracks will feel like new when they have been liberated from the limitations of mobile and 9 of those tracks are city tracks that have multiple variants. Also if they remake any SNES or GBA tracks then they will also feel like brand new because they will have to be re-imagined to make them interesting just like Ribbon Road and Cheese land were.

Massive DLC. Also adds a lot of value to NSO expansion pack.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Mar1217 said:

To be honest, it's fair to assume a lot of the tracks already remade in MK Tour or even future tracks for the mobile game will be in MK8DX Booster Pass. So here's a few of the following which will most likely be in :

Waluigi Pinball (DS)

Airship Fortress (DS)

Sunset Wilds (GBA)

Shy Guy Beach (GBA)

+ if we assume every original track from Tour gets in, this would mean we already know half of the tracks that'd get in the game.

P.S : I don't know all the tracks in MK Tour so I don't know how many probable sure tracks this could make.

MK Tour has versions of Rainbow Road 3DS, Waluigi pinball DS, Airship fortress DS and Maple Treeway so my favorites are in then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U_nWa5SAoE