3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:51

I just hope they don't waste time with anything related to the Mario movie

Around the Network
Link_Nines.XBC said:

I just hope they don't waste time with anything related to the Mario movie

But.. but Miyamoto needs something to talk about!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Jumpin said:

I think the cutoff for announced games will be late May or late August, depending on how many General Directs they plan this year.
I’m not a big fan of General Directs because they tend to just show random footage that says next to nothing about most of the 20-35 games. They also talk like the audience is a toddler’s birthday party. I’m left with a cross between feeling patronized, infantilized, and not giving a fuck about 90-95% of what they’ve shown.

I don’t know, maybe that’s the audience. I mean, watch YouTube reaction videos. They’re full of grown men acting like N64 kid. OH MY…..GODDD! It’s Wario Cook Ware! OH MY GOD! Yoshi’s Cookie 2! *spins on the floor* YES! YES! YES! It’s a Peach Amibo, and she has a new hat!!!

The more focused and in depth Directs are more my jive. Even if the game isn’t something I’d probably get, I still find them much more interesting.

There was a way to say that without making other-minded people sound immature. I personally love the general directs far more, all I need to see if I want a game is 1-2 minute trailer. I hate in depth videos because they just ruin the surprises of the game, so I tend to not watch those much. But they have two different kinds of directs and they certainly have in depth ones for people like you as well.

PAOerfulone said:

Just 1-2 more big games and this year may very well top 2017 for me.

ooh nice graphic. It's real close comparing those.

FE Warriors and Bayonetta are probably both just ok so let's say they're tied, Advance Wars beats Arms easily, Mario obviously beats Kirby but Kirby does look awesome, no idea about xenoblade vs triangle strategy so let's just say that's a tie, and then it's pokemon vs mario kart well gotta give it to mario kart cuz its mario kart but PLA is the best thing to happen to pokemon since the original games so that's a huge plus for 2022 as well.

I'd say it's pretty even right now. But I'm also expecting Metroid Prime remake, a fresh take on 2D DK (or I guess 3D if they don't make it terrible like the one other time they tried DK in 3D), and maybe one other surprise so if everything scheduled actually comes out this year plus if these further game release expectations of mine happen then 2022 will clearly win over 2017.

- Kirby and the Forgotten Land
- Kirby stuff coming to NSO EP
- Pokémon Legends Arceus DLC teaser
- Triangle Strategy trailer and final demo announcement
- Advanced Wars re-release
- Star Wars Hunters
- Splatoon 3
- Third party games showcase (Arkham Collection and Silksong shadowdrop among them)
- Fire Emblem remake
- Xenoblade 3
- Xbox Gamepass coming to Nintendo Switch (wishlist)
- Mario movie trailer

Betting that should be it.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

It's just a little over 4 hours away from where I'm sitting, how about the rest of you?

It's the same countdown regardless of where you are

numberwang said:
CaptainExplosion said:

It's just a little over 4 hours away from where I'm sitting, how about the rest of you?

It's the same countdown regardless of where you are

This is simply not true. Time is all about perception. Anyone streaming the direct from an event horizon is going to be watching this at a much differently perceived time, for example.

I'll ask for the usual Xenoblade Chronicles X port. It has to come out eventually.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

I'll ask for the usual Xenoblade Chronicles X port. It has to come out eventually.

How would they rework the Gamepad features? It would be annoying to have to keep opening up the map with all its features rather than simply looking down on the Wii U gamepad. This is why I think X hasn't come yet.

Dulfite said:
Darwinianevolution said:

How would they rework the Gamepad features? It would be annoying to have to keep opening up the map with all its features rather than simply looking down on the Wii U gamepad. This is why I think X hasn't come yet.

I'm not sure, but there's got to be a way. Nintendo probably invested a lot of time and efford with X, and it would be weird for it to be the one WiiU game that never gets ported.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.