7 5 9.80%

6 2 3.92%

5 0 0%

4 1 1.96%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:51

Every single Xenoblade game is amazing. 2 is probably my fave game.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Mar1217 said:

Takahashi's wife ? I don't remember the pen name she uses suddenly ...

Soraya Saga. She said she’s no longer going to retweet Directs.

I understand she got quite upset the last time she did so. The gag went on for several years, though. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Just 1-2 more big games and this year may very well top 2017 for me.

PAOerfulone said:

Arms felt like an early access game to me and still does. Fire Emblem Warriors didn't have the quality of Hyrule Warriors to me. Splatoon 2 was basically just Splatoon 1 for Switch with some added guns/maps (didn't even have a proper single player mode until the expansion later on). MK8 Deluxe was just a port with dlc.  XC 2, Botw, Mario + Rabbids, and SMO were stunning, though!

2022 has the most original main Pokemon game in decades, a Zelda sequel for the first time since MM and evoking strong connections to Skyward Sword and the origins of the curse with Demise, a much bigger budget Mario + Rabbids game than the first, the Botw of Kirby games with an actual high budget, a new Splatoon game that actually looks like they put a lot into it with it being stored focused, a sequel to a game that basically launched a new genre of games (pixelart HD), a long-awaited mature sequel, and remakes of the two best advanced wars games ever.

To me this is no contest, 2022 is insane! And we probably still have 2-3 major Nintendo games to be announced and released we don't know about, plus all the hidden gem indie games like Silksong that will probably come out and melt everybody's minds. If Donkey Kong 3d adventure game is a thing I may lose it, rip my shirt off, and run through the neighborhood screaming like Funky Kong in excitement while live streaming to the dozens that will watch it.

Release date for Splatoon 3 please

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:

Mario+Rabbids is likely to be pushed to 2023 though 

Dulfite said:
PAOerfulone said:

Arms felt like an early access game to me and still does. Fire Emblem Warriors didn't have the quality of Hyrule Warriors to me. Splatoon 2 was basically just Splatoon 1 for Switch with some added guns/maps (didn't even have a proper single player mode until the expansion later on). MK8 Deluxe was just a port with dlc.  XC 2, Botw, Mario + Rabbids, and SMO were stunning, though!

2022 has the most original main Pokemon game in decades, a Zelda sequel for the first time since MM and evoking strong connections to Skyward Sword and the origins of the curse with Demise, a much bigger budget Mario + Rabbids game than the first, the Botw of Kirby games with an actual high budget, a new Splatoon game that actually looks like they put a lot into it with it being stored focused, a sequel to a game that basically launched a new genre of games (pixelart HD), a long-awaited mature sequel, and remakes of the two best advanced wars games ever.

To me this is no contest, 2022 is insane! And we probably still have 2-3 major Nintendo games to be announced and released we don't know about, plus all the hidden gem indie games like Silksong that will probably come out and melt everybody's minds. If Donkey Kong 3d adventure game is a thing I may lose it, rip my shirt off, and run through the neighborhood screaming like Funky Kong in excitement while live streaming to the dozens that will watch it.

It had a proper single player day one. And it got several new modes in multiplayer.

Kakadu18 said:
Dulfite said:

It had a proper single player day one. And it got several new modes in multiplayer.

Whatever narrative 1 and 2 had, 3 appears to have s significant focus on narrative in comparison. Modes are cool but don't make it a new game to me. Rich story or go home (for me).

BasilZero said:

Hoping for a WiiU port of XCX, Paper Mario Color Splash or Star Fox Zero

Anyways, wonder if this suppose leaked image is real and true (found on gamingleaks reddit)

Spoiler!

Pretty disappointing if true. Though it would make up for it if Fire Emblem and Mario + Rabbids come out in the next five months or so and BotW 2 is confirmed again for this year with an exact release date. 

Though this person gets the date right they get the time wrong and, honestly, Nintendo typically does Tuesday announcements and most years they've had a February direct, so it's not conclusive evidence that they truly are a leaker. In addition, Yasunori Mitsuda (composer for Xenoblade) said that a new game should be announced "next month" back in January and their website just had a massive update too. 

So...fingers crossed that the above is wrong and we get some Xenoblade news!

Mar1217 said:
Dulfite said:

I've enjoyed all three Xenoblade games, but I find 2 to be my favorite. The story was awesome, and the ending connects with the ending of both 1 and X, so that cliffhanger did get continued from X. X was great, but it was FILLED with a horde of redundant and unimportant side quests/missions, and I was extremely bored with the gundum combat. I found the combat to be more enjoyable and engaging in 1/2 than in X by a long shot. 

2's world is just simply stunning and beautiful. I find it more visually striking than even Botw. Again though, I loved all three games.

*Disclaimer, I only ever played 1 on New 3ds, never original Wii or Switch HD versions, so I probably don't have the bets opinion on it's visuals.

It's actually the side-content and side quests that made the world Mira and NLA so engaging personally. A lot them sidequests had more than enough interesting stories that were building on the principal themes of the game + they were important for the evolution of city, character relations could change depending on your action in certain cases. You could even have other species join the city to add more quests, characters, lore, weapons/ clothes and such. It's really an expansive game the further you plunge into it and it rewards you for doing so.

A scope that is actually really mostly unmatched in the industry to be frank appart from few exceptions.

JWeinCom said:

2 just didn't float my boat. The story eventually got good, but it took a loooong time to get it. And alot of stuff throughout the game didn't track logically and was explained by "Well they're the Aegis, they can do that".  Also not a fan of the gatcha mechanics. 

I liked X's structure, where there was a tangible goal that you were working towards and to a large extent you got to focus on the tasks you wanted to help reach that goal. I feel like it was a sort of prototype for Breath of the Wild. I see the connection between 1 and 2, but not between 1 and X. 

Spoiler!
I know they added an alien attack to the scene where they create Bionis/Mechonis/Alrest, and there was an alien attack in Chronicles X, but I don't see how they could be the same. I thought Alrest was the original world of Zanza/Klaus, so that can't also be where Chronicles X is happening. 

I mean people tend to overshadow some stories elements in the first few chapters of 2 that make all their senses once you play Torna the Golden Country. In that sense, the overarching story accomplished what it set out to do. Everything did make sense eventually so I don't understand the misused logic you're speaking here.

Anywoo, I appreciate both games in-spite of their inherent different experience soooo I'm just awaiting Monolith next project now 

Spoiler!
Just a couple of examples...

Nia uses her powers on Malos. He shows up recovered. Why? Cause he's the fucking Aegis, that's why. Then in the ending, Pyra and Mythra are not just not dead, but also split into two different people so Rex can have a threesome. Why? Cause they're the fucking Aegis.

Just a couple of examples. Maybe it's explained in Torna... but 2 is like 60 fucking hours long. I should not have to play another 30 hour game for things to make sense. And, really, the game didn't have to be 60 hours in the first place. A lot of it was very dull.