7 5 9.80%

6 2 3.92%

5 0 0%

4 1 1.96%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:51

Do we have confirmation of a WiiU Xenoblade C X port?

Around the Network

I hope to see more info on House of the Dead Remake and Bayonetta 3. Give me something good! This year SUCKS SHIT for video game news and I need something good.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Alright everyone, prediction time!

Here are mine:
Another Kirby and the Forgotten Land trailer
Another trailer of Advance Wars Reboot Camp confirming release date for April 8th
Splatoon 3 releasing in July, another trailer
Batman Arkham Collection coming to Switch, doesn't have Arkham Knight (or it's cloud based).
Persona 3 Portable and/or Persona 4 Golden ports

New game announcements:
-New Donkey Kong title announced for release this year
-New Fire Emblem game announced for release this year
-Game from Monolith Soft announced for next year
-New Mario Kart game announced for next year

How I think the Direct will go:

-Start with a brand new medium-ish sized game like Xenoblade Chronicles 3 or maybe Fire Emblem.
-Somewhere in the Direct they will show off Mario+Rabbids 2, Advance Wars, Triangle Strategy, Kirby, and Chocobo Racing all over again.
-Around the middle there will be a lot of time devoted to showing off Splatoon 3, which will release sometime this Summer.
-Most of the rest of time will be previously unannounced third party games and smaller first party games.
-End with an announcement of Mario Kart 9 sometime next year.

What won't be announced: Anything Metroid or Zelda.  The most we might get is some more AoC DLC and mention that there is nothing more to show for BotW2.  I also think they are going to save Bayonetta 3 for later in the year, but I might be wrong on that one.

Ok has what's her name from Monolith retweeted it? She only does when Monolith has something to announce I think.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

With Ultimate done this won't have a character reveal which will make the openers and closers in directs less guessable for a while. I don't really know what they'll open and close this one with.

Why is 4chan taking so long with the leaks?

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

JWeinCom said:
Jumpin said:

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 would get me excited, Xenoblade Chronicles X2 would get me rock hard excited. Something related to Xenogears (remake or sequel) would have me blasting through the ceiling. There’s a chance for it, but I’m not entirely expecting it as I think this one’s a good holiday season candidate, not a first half of the year. But, who knows? Whatever it is, I hope it doesn’t star kids again.

There have been rumours of a new Fire Emblem, I’d hope instead for a Genealogy of the Holy War remake.

Breath of the Wild 2 seems like something they might talk about, as Zelda games seem to be something they’re willing to talk about even over a year before release. IMO Breath of the Wild 2 hasn’t looked impressive at all yet, so I’m kind of worried. I’m not even really looking forward to it at this point because the idea of islands makes the world sound very fragmented.

Third Party:
Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster 1-6.

I'm still salty that they had to fuck up Chronicles X literally in the last possible moment with a cliffhanger that will likely never be resolved. Underrated game that I think had a pretty big impact on BOTW's structure. Much better than Chronicles 2. Hoping for at least a port. 

I've enjoyed all three Xenoblade games, but I find 2 to be my favorite. The story was awesome, and the ending connects with the ending of both 1 and X, so that cliffhanger did get continued from X. X was great, but it was FILLED with a horde of redundant and unimportant side quests/missions, and I was extremely bored with the gundum combat. I found the combat to be more enjoyable and engaging in 1/2 than in X by a long shot. 

2's world is just simply stunning and beautiful. I find it more visually striking than even Botw. Again though, I loved all three games.

*Disclaimer, I only ever played 1 on New 3ds, never original Wii or Switch HD versions, so I probably don't have the bets opinion on it's visuals.

Dulfite said:
JWeinCom said:

I'm still salty that they had to fuck up Chronicles X literally in the last possible moment with a cliffhanger that will likely never be resolved. Underrated game that I think had a pretty big impact on BOTW's structure. Much better than Chronicles 2. Hoping for at least a port. 

I've enjoyed all three Xenoblade games, but I find 2 to be my favorite. The story was awesome, and the ending connects with the ending of both 1 and X, so that cliffhanger did get continued from X. X was great, but it was FILLED with a horde of redundant and unimportant side quests/missions, and I was extremely bored with the gundum combat. I found the combat to be more enjoyable and engaging in 1/2 than in X by a long shot. 

2's world is just simply stunning and beautiful. I find it more visually striking than even Botw. Again though, I loved all three games.

*Disclaimer, I only ever played 1 on New 3ds, never original Wii or Switch HD versions, so I probably don't have the bets opinion on it's visuals.

2 just didn't float my boat. The story eventually got good, but it took a loooong time to get it. And alot of stuff throughout the game didn't track logically and was explained by "Well they're the Aegis, they can do that".  Also not a fan of the gatcha mechanics. 

I liked X's structure, where there was a tangible goal that you were working towards and to a large extent you got to focus on the tasks you wanted to help reach that goal. I feel like it was a sort of prototype for Breath of the Wild. I see the connection between 1 and 2, but not between 1 and X. 

Spoiler!
I know they added an alien attack to the scene where they create Bionis/Mechonis/Alrest, and there was an alien attack in Chronicles X, but I don't see how they could be the same. I thought Alrest was the original world of Zanza/Klaus, so that can't also be where Chronicles X is happening. 

Mar1217 said:
Leynos said:

Ok has what's her name from Monolith retweeted it? She only does when Monolith has something to announce I think.

Takahashi's wife ? I don't remember the pen name she uses suddenly ...

Soraya Saga. She said she’s no longer going to retweet Directs.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.