By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List of Games You've Beaten 2022

Control
Spiritfarer
Inscryption
Infernax
Sifu
Sekiro( first time, after buying it at launch)
Jedi Fallen order( first time, after owning it for years)
Dark souls 1 remastered ( first time, after owning it for years)
Elden Ring

Currently playing Nioh, lined up Bloodborne and DS2(both also owned for years). I guess this is the year I realized i actually do like Souls Like games. Thanks Sifu.

Last edited by AllfatherStarr - on 21 April 2022

Around the Network

4th update (38 completed games):

Games I've finished in 2022:

The Gunk (Game Pass)
The Pedestrian (Game Pass)
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Hitman 3 (Game Pass)
Last Stop (Game Pass)
Contrast (Game Pass)
Telling Lies (Game Pass)
Astria Ascending (Game Pass)
Who's Your Daddy
Promesa
Serious Sam 4 (Game Pass)
F1 2020 (Game Pass)
#SinucaAttack
Dadish
Dadish 2
Horizon Chase Turbo
Guns, Gore & Cannoli 2
Dishonored 2 (Game Pass)
Dishonored - Death of the Outsider (Game Pass)
Stories Untold
Forza Horizon 3
Nexoria: Dungeon Rogue Heroes
Narita Boy (Game Pass)
0 Degrees
Dungeon Escape
Squad Killers
Hellbreachers
Race with Ryan (Game Pass)
Guardians of the Galaxy (Game Pass)
Rainswept
Golf Peaks
Super Soccer Blast
Watch Dogs: Legion
A Memoir Blue (Game Pass)
Life is Strange: True Colors (Game Pass)
Streets of Rage 4 (Game Pass)
Halo 2 Anniversary (Game Pass)
The Spectrum Retreat

Currently working on:

It Takes Two (EA Play via Game Pass)

Last edited by Barozi - on 24 April 2022

Darashiva said:
  1. Luigi's Mansion (Switch) My Rating: 8/10
    • Played through this game with my fiancée. Not sure if I would have liked it as much playing by myself, but in co-op it was a lot of fun. Not among the console's best games, but certainly enjoyable nonetheless.
  2. Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) My Rating: 9/10
    • I actually finished this game last year, but I realized I forgot to put it in last year's list, so it's here now. It's great. Probably the best 3D Mario game ever, or at least very close to it.
  3. Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4) My Rating: 9/10
    • An absolutely brilliant tactical RPG. Likely the first game I've beaten this year that'll end up in my top 50 list of all time at the end of the year. It's not quite as good as the first game in the series, but it's not far off.
  4. The Last of Us Part II (PS4) My Rating: 9/10
    • Pretty much just flew through this one in less than a week, which considering my work schedule is almost unheard these days. An excellent game. Not sure whether I like this or the first game more. The rating might even go up once I've had some time to think on it, and now that I have finally played it I still have no idea what some people's problem with the game was, outside of the obvious idiots getting angry at game having a diverse cast. Regardless, this is another game that's likely going to end up in my top 50 at the end of the year.
  5. Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) My Rating: 9.5/10
    • Because of Forbidden West's impending release I wanted to go back and replay Zero Dawn, just to remind myself of the story and characters. Since that first playthrough I've considered Zero Dawn to be the best open world game of all time, and not much changed on my second go-around. The story, world, character, gameplay, visuals and music are all still amazing, and the only issues I have with the game are minor ones, like the inventory space being a bit too small for my liking. 
  6. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (PS4) My Rating: 8/10
    • Or the game that just never ends. I liked DQXI quite a lot, though it is not without its issues. The main character has about as much emotional depth as a plank of wood, which ends up hurting some otherwise very well done emotional moments with the other characters. The game also has an unfortunate tendency to stretch things needlessly to pad the run time. The music was quite forgettable as well. However, otherwise this is still a quality JRPG, but not one I'll probably be returning to in the future.  

Currently Playing:

1. Spiritfarer (PS4)

Like you I went back and replayed HZD/Frozen Wilds in preparation for HZDFW a game that I can now also add to the 2022 completed list along with Hades, Halo Infinite, Persona5 Strikers and Trails of Cold Steel IV .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

1. Final Fantasy XIV Online [ PC ] - Stormblood 4.1 - 4.5 / Shadowbringers - 5.5 / Endwalker Main Scenario
(A Realm Reborn - Heavensward - Stormblood) - 9 ~ 10
(Shadowbringers) - 8
(Endwalker) - 6.5

2. WarioWare: Get It Together! [ Switch ] - 7.5
3. Castlevania: Circle of the Moon ( Replay ) [ Switch ] - 10
4. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD ( Replay ) [ Switch ] - 8
5. Dolphin Blue - 8
6. Metal Slug 6 - 8
7. Pokemon Legends Arceus [ Switch ] - 7
8. Kirby and the Forgotten Land [ Switch ] - 8.5 ~ 9
9. Genital Jousting [ PC ] - 7
10. Valis: The Fantasm Soldier [ Switch ] - 10
11. Tales of Arise [ PC ] - 5

12. Tales of Destiny: Director's Cut - 8.5

Games Completed 2022:

Infernax (Nintendo Switch)

Big Rumble Creed Champions Boxing (Nintendo Switch)

Zelda Randomizer (PC - completed a randomized seed using a Stalfos as the playable character)

Around the Network

Just beat Metal Gear on my NES for the first time. I've had it for decades but never played it. It was surprisingly good and quite innovative. Now, I want to play Kojima's Metal Gear and see just how much they butchered it lol.

Finally beat Elden Ring, about 135 hours spent and it was exceptional.

Finished Games:

1. Luigi's Mansion (Switch) My Rating: 8/10
    • Played through this game with my fiancée. Not sure if I would have liked it as much playing by myself, but in co-op it was a lot of fun. Not among the console's best games, but certainly enjoyable nonetheless.
  2. Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) My Rating: 9/10
    • I actually finished this game last year, but I realized I forgot to put it in last year's list, so it's here now. It's great. Probably the best 3D Mario game ever, or at least very close to it.
  3. Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4) My Rating: 9/10
    • An absolutely brilliant tactical RPG. Likely the first game I've beaten this year that'll end up in my top 50 list of all time at the end of the year. It's not quite as good as the first game in the series, but it's not far off.
  4. The Last of Us Part II (PS4) My Rating: 9/10
    • Pretty much just flew through this one in less than a week, which considering my work schedule is almost unheard these days. An excellent game. Not sure whether I like this or the first game more. The rating might even go up once I've had some time to think on it, and now that I have finally played it I still have no idea what some people's problem with the game was, outside of the obvious idiots getting angry at game having a diverse cast. Regardless, this is another game that's likely going to end up in my top 50 at the end of the year.
  5. Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) My Rating: 9.5/10
    • Because of Forbidden West's impending release I wanted to go back and replay Zero Dawn, just to remind myself of the story and characters. Since that first playthrough I've considered Zero Dawn to be the best open world game of all time, and not much changed on my second go-around. The story, world, character, gameplay, visuals and music are all still amazing, and the only issues I have with the game are minor ones, like the inventory space being a bit too small for my liking. 
  6. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (PS4) My Rating: 8/10
    • Or the game that just never ends. I liked DQXI quite a lot, though it is not without its issues. The main character has about as much emotional depth as a plank of wood, which ends up hurting some otherwise very well done emotional moments with the other characters. The game also has an unfortunate tendency to stretch things needlessly to pad the run time. The music was quite forgettable as well. However, otherwise this is still a quality JRPG, but not one I'll probably be returning to in the future.  
  7. Elden Ring (PS4) My Rating: 10/10
    • An absolutely exceptional game, and unless something truly incredible comes out, likely going to end up as my game of the year and very high on my all-time favourite games list as well. The gameplay, the world itself, the story behind the events of the game, the sheer amount of engaging and interesting stuff to do and find in The Lands Between, the visual design, music, and so many other things about Elden Ring are simply impeccable. It's not quite a perfect game, not that there is such a thing, but there are a few minor negatives as well. One of the late game areas is ridiculously frustrating, couple of the optional dungeons aren't very fun, and a few of the bosses in the end-game feel a bit unfair at times. Overall, this is still without question the best open world game I've ever played. 

Currently Playing:

1. Spiritfarer (PS4)
  2. Stardew Valley (PC)

Signalstar said:

Just Finished: inFamous 2 (PS Now)

I played this series out of order. I played the original game on PS3 years ago and then played Second Son on PS4 during 2020. I really enjoyed Second Son, it's my favorite of the series, so I worried that going back to inFamous 2, this game would pale in comparison. It does, but not by much. I played both of the games featuring Cole on the evil path. For a T rated game some of the moral situations you are put in get really dark. The developers did a great job expanding on Cole's powers and mixing up the gameplay from the first game. An open world city based on New Orleans feels pretty unique, so I dug New Marais as a setting. The graphics have not aged well. The story does a good job of complicating the character's and there moral choices. I felt incentivized to do a bunch of side missions to unlock extra powers. Some of the mission structures got repetitive. You feel very powerful by the end of the game. The game definitely grew on me especially as you gain better means of traversing the city. I've now completed all the mainline inFamous games. I can go back and replay each game with the opposite moral choice and then I could as play the standalone DLC for inFamous 2 and Second Son. I hope Sucker Punch continues the series on PS5 and beyond. It's a real gem. With great power...

As someone who has yet to play any game in the series, do you recommend playing them in order or should I start with Second Son?

Spike0503 said:
Signalstar said:

Just Finished: inFamous 2 (PS Now)

I played this series out of order. I played the original game on PS3 years ago and then played Second Son on PS4 during 2020. I really enjoyed Second Son, it's my favorite of the series, so I worried that going back to inFamous 2, this game would pale in comparison. It does, but not by much. I played both of the games featuring Cole on the evil path. For a T rated game some of the moral situations you are put in get really dark. The developers did a great job expanding on Cole's powers and mixing up the gameplay from the first game. An open world city based on New Orleans feels pretty unique, so I dug New Marais as a setting. The graphics have not aged well. The story does a good job of complicating the character's and there moral choices. I felt incentivized to do a bunch of side missions to unlock extra powers. Some of the mission structures got repetitive. You feel very powerful by the end of the game. The game definitely grew on me especially as you gain better means of traversing the city. I've now completed all the mainline inFamous games. I can go back and replay each game with the opposite moral choice and then I could as play the standalone DLC for inFamous 2 and Second Son. I hope Sucker Punch continues the series on PS5 and beyond. It's a real gem. With great power...

As someone who has yet to play any game in the series, do you recommend playing them in order or should I start with Second Son?

Second Son is the most fun and polished game in the series. It is pretty much standalone and has little connection with the previous games story wise.

I'd definitely recommend playing it even if you haven't played the first 2. The older games are still fun but they will seem more outdated after playing Second Son.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Virtua Tennis 3 - 6/10

Fight'N Rage - 9/10

Streets of Rage 4 Mr. X Nightmare - 7/10

Double Dragon Neon - 5/10

The Ninja Saviors - 7/10

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 9/10

Dragon Ball Z Sagas - 3/10

Starsky and Hutch - 5/10

Sega Soccer Slam - 6/10

Tales of Eternia - 5/10

Atelier Iris 2 - 7/10

Mana Khemia 2 (Ulrika playthrough) - 9/10