By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List of Games You've Beaten 2022

Something a bit shorter to add to the list this time.

Finished Games:

1. Luigi's Mansion (Switch) My Rating: 8/10
    • Played through this game with my fiancée. Not sure if I would have liked it as much playing by myself, but in co-op it was a lot of fun. Not among the console's best games, but certainly enjoyable nonetheless.
  2. Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) My Rating: 9/10
    • I actually finished this game last year, but I realized I forgot to put it in last year's list, so it's here now. It's great. Probably the best 3D Mario game ever, or at least very close to it.
  3. Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4) My Rating: 9/10
    • An absolutely brilliant tactical RPG. Likely the first game I've beaten this year that'll end up in my top 50 list of all time at the end of the year. It's not quite as good as the first game in the series, but it's not far off.
  4. The Last of Us Part II (PS4) My Rating: 9/10
    • Pretty much just flew through this one in less than a week, which considering my work schedule is almost unheard these days. An excellent game. Not sure whether I like this or the first game more. The rating might even go up once I've had some time to think on it, and now that I have finally played it I still have no idea what some people's problem with the game was, outside of the obvious idiots getting angry at game having a diverse cast. Regardless, this is another game that's likely going to end up in my top 50 at the end of the year.
  5. Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) My Rating: 9.5/10
    • Because of Forbidden West's impending release I wanted to go back and replay Zero Dawn, just to remind myself of the story and characters. Since that first playthrough I've considered Zero Dawn to be the best open world game of all time, and not much changed on my second go-around. The story, world, character, gameplay, visuals and music are all still amazing, and the only issues I have with the game are minor ones, like the inventory space being a bit too small for my liking. 
  6. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (PS4) My Rating: 8/10
    • Or the game that just never ends. I liked DQXI quite a lot, though it is not without its issues. The main character has about as much emotional depth as a plank of wood, which ends up hurting some otherwise very well done emotional moments with the other characters. The game also has an unfortunate tendency to stretch things needlessly to pad the run time. The music was quite forgettable as well. However, otherwise this is still a quality JRPG, but not one I'll probably be returning to in the future.  
  7. Elden Ring (PS4) My Rating: 10/10
    • An absolutely exceptional game, and unless something truly incredible comes out, likely going to end up as my game of the year and very high on my all-time favourite games list as well. The gameplay, the world itself, the story behind the events of the game, the sheer amount of engaging and interesting stuff to do and find in The Lands Between, the visual design, music, and so many other things about Elden Ring are simply impeccable. It's not quite a perfect game, not that there is such a thing, but there are a few minor negatives as well. One of the late game areas is ridiculously frustrating, couple of the optional dungeons aren't very fun, and a few of the bosses in the end-game feel a bit unfair at times. Overall, this is still without question the best open world game I've ever played. 
  8. Ara Fell: Definitive Edition (PC) My Rating: 7.5/10
    • A fun, light love letter to 16-bit JRPGs of old with a good story and characters, interesting setting, very good music, and a beautiful old-school visual style. For the roughly 16 hours I spent playing through it, I very much enjoyed Ara Fell. The normal battles do start getting a bit tiresome by the last quarter of the game once I had unlocked all the skill upgrades, but other than that I don't really have any major issues with it. Check it out if old-school JRPGs are your thing.

Currently Playing:

1. Spiritfarer (PS4)
  2. Stardew Valley (PC)

Around the Network
The Fury said:

Update on my list, games beaten.

KH2 FM, KH: BBS FM, Hades - Plat earned, KH: DDD HD, Haven, KH 0.2BSB, KH3 (Just yesterday).

... kinda thinking "now what?" 

UPDATE:

Cyberpunk 2077 - Although still playing, getting some trophies and doing some side missions but finished the story once.

Skyrim - Had another play through.

Streets of Rage 4 - Story, well off trophies and stuff.

Slay the Spire - PS version, already had it on PC, just playing through PS from PS+, not sure if it is a game you can be but got the ending for the 3 main character (Watcher I just don't get).

Hmm, pie.

Finished Games:

• Played through this game with my fiancée. Not sure if I would have liked it as much playing by myself, but in co-op it was a lot of fun. Not among the console's best games, but certainly enjoyable nonetheless.
    • I actually finished this game last year, but I realized I forgot to put it in last year's list, so it's here now. It's great. Probably the best 3D Mario game ever, or at least very close to it.
    • An absolutely brilliant tactical RPG. Likely the first game I've beaten this year that'll end up in my top 50 list of all time at the end of the year. It's not quite as good as the first game in the series, but it's not far off.
    • Pretty much just flew through this one in less than a week, which considering my work schedule is almost unheard these days. An excellent game. Not sure whether I like this or the first game more. The rating might even go up once I've had some time to think on it, and now that I have finally played it I still have no idea what some people's problem with the game was, outside of the obvious idiots getting angry at game having a diverse cast. Regardless, this is another game that's likely going to end up in my top 50 at the end of the year.
    • Because of Forbidden West's impending release I wanted to go back and replay Zero Dawn, just to remind myself of the story and characters. Since that first playthrough I've considered Zero Dawn to be the best open world game of all time, and not much changed on my second go-around. The story, world, character, gameplay, visuals and music are all still amazing, and the only issues I have with the game are minor ones, like the inventory space being a bit too small for my liking. 
    • Or the game that just never ends. I liked DQXI quite a lot, though it is not without its issues. The main character has about as much emotional depth as a plank of wood, which ends up hurting some otherwise very well done emotional moments with the other characters. The game also has an unfortunate tendency to stretch things needlessly to pad the run time. The music was quite forgettable as well. However, otherwise this is still a quality JRPG, but not one I'll probably be returning to in the future.  
    • An absolutely exceptional game, and unless something truly incredible comes out, likely going to end up as my game of the year and very high on my all-time favourite games list as well. The gameplay, the world itself, the story behind the events of the game, the sheer amount of engaging and interesting stuff to do and find in The Lands Between, the visual design, music, and so many other things about Elden Ring are simply impeccable. It's not quite a perfect game, not that there is such a thing, but there are a few minor negatives as well. One of the late game areas is ridiculously frustrating, couple of the optional dungeons aren't very fun, and a few of the bosses in the end-game feel a bit unfair at times. Overall, this is still without question the best open world game I've ever played. 
    • A fun, light love letter to 16-bit JRPGs of old with a good story and characters, interesting setting, very good music, and a beautiful old-school visual style. For the roughly 16 hours I spent playing through it, I very much enjoyed Ara Fell. The normal battles do start getting a bit tiresome by the last quarter of the game once I had unlocked all the skill upgrades, but other than that I don't really have any major issues with it. Check it out if old-school JRPGs are your thing.
  9. Lara Croft Go (PC) My Rating: 7.5/10
    • Needed something different after so many huge games and JRPGs. It had been a while since I'd played any puzzle games, and Lara Croft Go was on sale, so I bought and played through it over the last week. Just a well-designed, fairly short puzzle game with a Tomb Raider skin slapped on top. The difficulty curve is a bit all over the place, but otherwise I have no major issues with the game.

Currently Playing:

1. Spiritfarer (PS4)
  2. Stardew Valley (PC)
  3. Cris Tales (PC)
  4. Hue (PC)

Just going to rewrite it. The reply thingy ain't showing up properly with previous posts.

Jan:
1) FF7R
2) Mass Effect 1
3) Mass Effect 2
4) Mass Effect 3

Feb:
5) P5S
6) Uncharted 4
7) Uncharted Lost Legacy
8) Tiny Tina Assault on Dragonskeep

March:
9) Elden Ring
10) Far Cry 6
11) Horizon Forbidden West

Currently playing:
FF Stranger of Paradise

Virtua Tennis 3 - 6/10

Fight'N Rage - 9/10

Streets of Rage 4 Mr. X Nightmare - 7/10

Double Dragon Neon - 5/10

The Ninja Saviors - 7/10

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 9/10

Dragon Ball Z Sagas - 3/10

Starsky and Hutch - 5/10

Sega Soccer Slam - 6/10

Tales of Eternia - 5/10

Atelier Iris 2 - 7/10

Mana Khemia 2 (Ulrika playthrough) - 9/10

Sonic Advance - 5/10

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - 4/10

Last edited by Player2 - on 01 July 2022

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:

2022 completions:

1. Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch) - Neutral, NG+ True Neutral
  2. Serious Sam 4 (Xbox Series X)
  3. AI: The Somnium Files (Xbox Series X) - 1000G
  4. Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX 2 (Xbox Series X)
  5. COGEN: Sword of Rewind (Xbox Series X)

2021 list: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9260905

2020 list: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9092024

2019 list: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8950250

2018 list: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8950254

+ Elden Ring (Xbox Series X) - 1000G

+ Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (Xbox Series X)

Just Finished: Super Mario Bros. 3 [as part of Super Mario All Stars] (NSO)

Well it's been quite a while since I last posted. Now that I don't have class, hopefully I will get a lot of gaming done this summer. Anyway I played Super Mario Bros 3 for the first time. I decided to play the enhanced SNES version that is part of the Super Mario All Stars Collection. This is the first game that I played through using my new Nintendo Switch Online subscription. I finally subscribed to the service after years of owning the Switch in order to play Super Mario 3D World via online co-op with a friend (more on that later). I played almost exclusively in handheld mode. I had beaten Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 2 many years ago but never got around to number 3, which is surprising because it is considered the best one of the original 2D games. What can I say? This was a fun mostly straightforward platforming romp. It is clear that 3 introduced a lot of series staples like the Koopa Kids and the Tanuki suit. The game was pretty difficult at points. I definitely would have had a much harder time beating it if not for NSO's ability to create and load save points on the fly. There are some issues with the level design though, with tricky puzzles that require specific items  and overly complicated solutions that unnecessarily frustrate the player. Maybe if I had played this earlier in life I would have been more blown away. But it does show that 2D Mario really hasn't evolved that much from the template this game set. I guess I will play Super Mario World some time down the road before my NSO subscriptions expires. HERE WE GOOOOO!

8/10

Full Completed 2022 List:

• Far Cry 5 (PS4)
  • Resident Evil 6 (PS4)
  • inFamous 2 (PS Now)
  • Super Mario Bros. 3 (NSO)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

The only new game I've beaten this year is Elden Ring. I've also replayed and beaten Final Fantasy Tactics and Castlevania.

I never seem to update my post whenever I post in this thread, but I think it would be helpful all the same for my memory.

Games I've finished in 2022:

Persona 5 Strikers (Platinum)
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Elden Ring
FF Strangers of Paradise

I am now 99% of the way into Tales of Arise. Just doing side quests and maybe looking for the platinum if it isn't too tedious, then beat the final boss.

After Tales of Arise, I plan on playing God of War from PS Plus. Then I might be ready for next gen or just play Witcher 3.

Two new games to add this time.

Finished Games:

9. Lara Croft Go (PC) My Rating: 7.5/10
    • Needed something different after so many huge games and JRPGs. It had been a while since I'd played any puzzle games, and Lara Croft Go was on sale, so I bought and played through it over the last week. Just a well-designed, fairly short puzzle game with a Tomb Raider skin slapped on top. The difficulty curve is a bit all over the place, but otherwise I have no major issues with the game.
  10. Hue (PC) My Rating: 7/10
    • A fun, fairly straightforward puzzle platformer that revolves around changing the color of the world itself to solve the puzzles. Nothing exceptional, but I enjoyed my time with it.
  11. Spiritfarer (PS4) My Rating: 9/10
    • One of the best games I've played in recent times. An absolutely gorgeous game with wonderfully written story and characters. I played it through in co-op, and both I and my fiancée loved it. In between the heavier moments with the characters there are a lot of fun chores to do, each with their own minor variations to the gameplay loop. 

Currently Playing:

1. Stardew Valley (PC)
  2. Cris Tales (PC)
  3. Command & Conquer Remastered (PC)