By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playtonic making a sequel to Yooka Laylee (2017)

While the studio of former Rare devs may have switched to 2D for 2019's excellent Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair, they are apparently now working on a direct successor to the 3D original.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/11/playtonics-original-yooka-laylee-game-is-getting-a-follow-up-title

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

Yay! Say what you want about the original, I absolutely loved it, even the wonky camera controls lol... should probably go back and plat it some day, I was very close to it.

Cool, I liked the first one. Don't get the hate it gets, I want more platformers like this.

I love what they were able to accomplish with the first considering their size and budget. Never finished it, though probably made it 3/5 or more through it.

With the increased funding I'm hoping for a more polished experience!

Too bad it'll have extra funding from the bastards at Tencent. -_-

Around the Network

Haven't played the original yet, but I loved The Impossible Lair.

I have a Youtube channel... A Twitter, and... Yeah.

Always excited for a new 3D platformer, but Playtonic is 0 for 2 with me. Hope this one will buck the trend.

Huh. That’s surprising. The first game was well-meaning but ultimately mediocre. The sequel, conversely, was quite good. I figured they’d stick with 2D moving forward.

They should have made something new instead, YL are mediocre characters in a mediocre Universum. With new characters and a new 3D platform game in a new gameplaystyle could be something to look forward to.

First one was pretty good. Will certainly play this direct sequel.