By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What's your political typology? (Quiz)

There were one or two questions that I was evenly split on (Question 2), but seemed too important to pick at random. So I took the test twice, with one test being where I answered the left wing opinion when all else was equal and the other where I did the same with the right wing.

And much to my confusion, BOTH tests said that I was part of the "Ambivalent Right." Despite the fact that I've thought of myself as left wing for the greater part of two decades.

Looking at the results, it seems that I do not fit with the Ambivalent Right especially well either. I'm in the minority regarding bigger government, hearing non-English languages in public places, etc. In fact, I think the main reasons I was placed in this category was my distaste towards both political parties (apparently a heavily AR trait) and my distaste of the culture wars of the past few years. If more questions were asked about certain issues that weren't hot button topics at the moment (minimum wage hikes, Environmentalism, ensuring the continuation and improved access to services like Social Security, etc), I would have solidly been on the left wing.

Overall, I guess this test might be better at determining which "faction" you stand with than your actual political alignment.



Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
Jaicee said:
Ryuu96 said:

UK - Progressive Left.

I'm a Labour supporter in UK, I liked Corbyn's Labour more than Starmer's but it is what it is, I'm with Zkup on the Dem party but if I lived in America I would always vote for them over Republicans.

That surprises me a lot! For whatever reason, I'd thought of you as a standard neoliberal type; liberal or libertarian on social issues, but probably more pro-business on the economy. Had no idea we were of similar economic views! Prolly 'cause I don't see you talking about economic policies very much, which is a tendency my brain associates with the more pro-business liberals.

In UK politics, I like the Scottish National Party. I used to like Corbyn too, but man he made such a mess of the Brexit issue.

Damn. I'm offended! (Jk!) Idk...Maybe cause all I talk about is Xbox/Microsoft?

I like SNP too, Nicola is always easily the best in debates, I'd be fine with Greens too but voting for anyone other than Labour is a wasted vote (sadly). No doubt Corbyn messed up on the Brexit issue (I'm pro-EU but Corbyn should have just said "yeah we're leaving" cause it's what the majority voted for) but I agreed with more of his policies and I find Starmer to be damn boring, fence sits on issues more often than not and I don't feel his passion, I don't even know what he stands for but I would never vote for Tories either, Lol.

Some comfort I can take at least is that I don't consider Tories to be anywhere near as bad as current day Republican Party, there's certain issues that the Tory Party wouldn't dare touch even if they believed in them, at least we have NHS too which is amazing and I consider something that 'saved' that my life (as in gave me a chance at a 'normal' life) so I'm happy to pay towards it to help others.



Progressive left. Quiz is trash, though, way too vague and incomplete. Liked the final question a lot: do you think the States should remain the global military superpower or would you be okay if another replaced it? How about neither, ma'am? Or the one about corporations either make too much profit or a reasonable one. I think most make reasonable profits (at least the businesses that don't get involved in shady schemes), but the quiz should've tackled more pressing matters, such as workplace culture, wages, social responsibility, and so on.



My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Faith and Flag conservative.

I would rather have a smaller government providing fewer services.
>not really true, I actually support government intervention a lot, but I do not like my choices and would rather disempower the system

Government policies should support religious values and beliefs.
>John Adams wrote that the constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. He made the Mass. state constitution which among 9 of 13 first had a religious test, his said you must be Christian to serve in government. Our first speaker of the house was a Lutheran pastor. Prayer in public school being outlawed is completely hypocritical and marked a major change, but CRT and gay acceptance is literally the same line of thinking as it promotes something against religion(s)

If America is too open to people from all over the world, we risk losing our identity as a nation.
>already taking place, I support an immigration halt, in the first half of the 20th century progressives, Republicans, and democrats all agreed. The hart-cellar act was also passed under lies, birth right citizenship existed to make ex-slaves citizens not give right to an invasion from our southern border. I am mixed raced btw, but anyone with eyes can see the double speak around immigration. “Yes replacement is happening and this is why it is good” “Replacement is conspiracy theory” Double speak

It would bother you a lot to regularly hear people speak a language other than English in public places in your community.
>again ‘would” is irrelevant, it is already a problem here in Pennsylvania

White people benefit not too much/not at all from advantages in society that Black people do not have.
>frame question opposite

The U.S. has lost more than it has gained from increased trade.
>free trade is antithetical to the capitalism i support, read Teddy Roosevelt

The U.S. is one of the greatest countries in the world, along with some others.
>Yes, and heading in the wrong direction. However, I’ve not been impressed with any European or Asian country I’ve visited to ever want to leave.

In the future, U.S. policies should try to keep it so America is the only military superpower.
>Yes, but the framing of this question is pretty awful and implies a lot of things I don’t agree with. I support less military spending than what we have.

I usually feel like none of the candidates represent my views well.
>Yes, Neocons and RINO establishment are often hardly right wing at all. They basically act like controlled opposition / grifters.

I rated democrats 0. I rated republicans 20.

Experts are neither better nor worse at making good policy decisions than other people.
>appeal to authority fallacy

Most corporations make a fair and reasonable amount of profit.
>most is the key word. corporations can be just a handful of people. even mega corporations are mostly doing their fair share in taxes. however, government entangling from both parties have enabled corporations to leave overseas, get special deals (like google paying 5% bandwidth compared to competitors over the past decade). profit is only a small part of the economic question but i don’t think this is a good question.

People being too easily offended by things other say is a problem in the country today.
>Yes

Greater social acceptance of people who are transgender is bad for society.
>Happy to say I know my Republican grandparents would agree and they were never the type to use a racial slur and even supported more moderate Republicans on racial issues, transgender is nothing like race and is a total delusion, I did not know one person growing up who thought they were the wrong gender

Overall, people who are convicted of crimes in this country serve too little time in prison.
>too tired to explain in detail, but the lack of death penalty and short prison sentences or flat out dropping violent charges to give a drug charge is why we have a lot of misconceptions. Our justice system is a mess, but not for the BLM nonsense. I support retraining police, but I think we have the opposite problem of being too lenient in courts

Last edited by FormerlyTeamSilent13 - on 20 November 2021

I did that quiz. The results were pretty inaccurate. The concluding thoughts at the bottom were wildly wrong.



Around the Network

"Ambivalent Right"

I think that mostly stems from my capitalist ideologies, borders and small Government.. And means I am pretty near the center which is the ideal place to be.

In Australia that would mean I am Center-left as American Politics are a step over to the right from us.



--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

And means I am pretty near the center which is the ideal place to be.

Why?



Germany - Outsider Left

Schwarzrot ist die Antifa, Antifa bin auch ich, bin auch ich.



Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Salnax said:

There were one or two questions that I was evenly split on (Question 2), but seemed too important to pick at random. So I took the test twice, with one test being where I answered the left wing opinion when all else was equal and the other where I did the same with the right wing.

And much to my confusion, BOTH tests said that I was part of the "Ambivalent Right." Despite the fact that I've thought of myself as left wing for the greater part of two decades.

Looking at the results, it seems that I do not fit with the Ambivalent Right especially well either. I'm in the minority regarding bigger government, hearing non-English languages in public places, etc. In fact, I think the main reasons I was placed in this category was my distaste towards both political parties (apparently a heavily AR trait) and my distaste of the culture wars of the past few years. If more questions were asked about certain issues that weren't hot button topics at the moment (minimum wage hikes, Environmentalism, ensuring the continuation and improved access to services like Social Security, etc), I would have solidly been on the left wing.

Overall, I guess this test might be better at determining which "faction" you stand with than your actual political alignment.

Hmm, well maybe you're part of the 25% who lean toward the Democratic Party is what I'm thinking.



Ryuu96 said:

Damn. I'm offended! (Jk!) Idk...Maybe cause all I talk about is Xbox/Microsoft?

I like SNP too, Nicola is always easily the best in debates, I'd be fine with Greens too but voting for anyone other than Labour is a wasted vote (sadly). No doubt Corbyn messed up on the Brexit issue (I'm pro-EU but Corbyn should have just said "yeah we're leaving" cause it's what the majority voted for) but I agreed with more of his policies and I find Starmer to be damn boring, fence sits on issues more often than not and I don't feel his passion, I don't even know what he stands for but I would never vote for Tories either, Lol.

Some comfort I can take at least is that I don't consider Tories to be anywhere near as bad as current day Republican Party, there's certain issues that the Tory Party wouldn't dare touch even if they believed in them, at least we have NHS too which is amazing and I consider something that 'saved' that my life (as in gave me a chance at a 'normal' life) so I'm happy to pay towards it to help others.

I find British politics boring in general compared to ours, especially these days. There's no debate over most of the hot-button issues in this country. There's no real debate over Covid policies or abortion or gun policy or the death penalty or whether global warming is real or even over national health care. Hell, the Boris Johnson faction of the Tories specifically has even been known to embrace increased public welfare investment instead of the budget hawking austerity policies of his predecessors. Brexit was the only serious source of excitement and that's a done deal now. The SNP at least has a distinct cause!