By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What's your political typology? (Quiz)

Ambivalent Right... which is pretty spot on, by ridged, US-political terms. But in real life, I am honestly now a-political. I have my views, and I know what is right and what is wrong outside of what anyone says. I am an independent thinker, and don't tow any political line enough to fit into an official party. There are things about me that would make a liberal scream, and there are things about me that would make a conservative scream.

I suppose if I had to invent a party that best represented myself, it would be the Human Party. As that's all I care about. The betterment of the human race.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
Pemalite said:

And means I am pretty near the center which is the ideal place to be.

Why?

Because in life, the truth is always in the middle. 

Oh, and because only Siths deal in absolutes.

I believe in social liberalism but the quiz says I'm a committed conservative.

What's going on?

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Ambivalent right.

I think what got me there were the questions whether people get offended too easily and if people saying things that offend others greatly is a problem. I didn't vote in favor of transgender either, so I am considered a conservative; which is what you are when you are between democrats and republicans.

Thinking about all the questions a bit more, the way that political issues are divided among the two major parties in the US continues to be perplexing. If it wasn't so black and white, the resulting political types could be a lot more accurate.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

JackHandy said:
sundin13 said:

Why?

Because in life, the truth is always in the middle. 

Oh, and because only Siths deal in absolutes.

To which end, maybe the absolutism of "always" ain't accurate either. Just my opinion.

Around the Network
Trumpstyle said:

I believe in social liberalism but the quiz says I'm a committed conservative.

What's going on?

There are two possibilities:

1) There were no questions here even on lots of obvious topics like abortion, the death penalty, gay rights, the environment, gun policy, none of that. Those were only for the formal study groups, not the super-abbreviated version of the quiz that's available to the general public. So maybe that's the problem: that you just didn't have an adequate chance to lay out your views on enough cultural issues.

...OR...

2) Considering how easy it's been for so many other people here to land in the libertarian category ("ambivalent right"), you're probably just not as "socially liberal" as you think you are. I mean, as you know, I've always perceived ya as kind of conservative, so to me your result actually makes sense.

RolStoppable said:

Ambivalent right.

I think what got me there were the questions whether people get offended too easily and if people saying things that offend others greatly is a problem. I didn't vote in favor of transgender either, so I am considered a conservative; which is what you are when you are between democrats and republicans.

Thinking about all the questions a bit more, the way that political issues are divided among the two major parties in the US continues to be perplexing. If it wasn't so black and white, the resulting political types could be a lot more accurate.

My same problem with politics and don't think it is entirely restricted to just USA though that's absolutely the worst example I know of. It inevitably creates conflict, which is why everyone is so angry today. Everyone has a strong opinion either that way or the other way, neither is willing to compromise and everyone thinks they are right and people that think differently to them are horrific human beings.

RolStoppable said:

Ambivalent right.

I find most people's results here so far entirely believable. That you, for example, landed in what's essentially the quizz's libertarian category makes perfect sense to me. The symptoms are all there in my observation.

I had two main dilemmas answering these questions.

The first was where I wasn't particularly happy picking either option. That happened quite a lot. Nuance isn't allowed, apparently, except for when it comes to the transgender question (although even there the middle option - 'Neither good nor bad for society' - doesn't accurately reflect my view, which is that it will be both good and bad).

The other was whether to answer some of the very American-centric questions as if I was (imagining) living in America, or as if the question was asked about my own country. Take the prison sentences question - I think sentences for serious crimes are often far too lenient in my own country. America, on the other hand, seems to hand out very lengthy sentences for what I'd consider minor crimes or things that shouldn't even be crimes at all imo. So... how do I answer that question?

Anyway, muddling through the best I could: Ambivalent Right.

Just did the quiz. "Ambivalent Right" No idea what that means. I find reasons to strongly dislike both right and left. I go on Neogaf and I hate the right, I go on Resetera and I hate the left. That's why I go on neither.