By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hating Game Pass Makes You Look Foolish

Not really as u get AAA whether old or new. 

For me this year I played, 

Scarlet nexus 2 times 

Ms flight simulator, 

Forza 5

Plague tale of innocence 

Doom eternals

Star wars fallen jedi

Pyschonauts

Outriders

Assasin creed vahalla

To name a few. Total just on those cover the cost of gamepass for the entire year 

This doesnt count the smaller games snd indies

Theres some besuroful indies that i would have never tried if it werent for gamepass 

LudicrousSpeed said:
yvanjean said:

Let's assume I paid $180 for game pass ultimate.

These are the game I played this year based on my achievements:

Call of Sea $19.99
Star War Fallen order $19.99
Two Point Hospital – Gamepass only
Outriders $59.99
Dark Alliance $39.99
The Ascents $29.99
Hades $24.99
Scarlet Nexus $59.99
Psychonauts 2 $59.99
No Man’s Sky $29.99
Marvel Avenger $59.99
Microsoft Flight Simulator $59.99
Forza 5 $59.99
Back 4 Blood $59.99

Total current retail price $585

Yeah but those are all low budget A/AA micro transaction infested multiplayer GaaS garbage.



Around the Network

Nobody actually hates Game Pass for logical and reasonable reasons.



curl-6 said:

I don't hate Game Pass. It's just not for me; I prefer to own my games.

People also often act like its this megaton killer app that's going to turn the tides of the console war, when the data says that simply isn't the case.

This.

But then I'm also someone who still buys movies on discs, music on CD's and LP's, Games on physical media (for consoles, most PC games I buy are discounted Steam games and most are games that have been out for at least five years).



smroadkill15 said:

You pretty much answered your own question. No offense to Flight Sim, but why would console players pick that over Halo and FH5 to play, along with AAA 3rd party games lol. Well anyways to answer your other question, Flight Sim is the 20th most popular game on Game Pass right now. 

Ahh it does have a list, I don't see it here though, not in the top 50 most played
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/most-played/games/xbox?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0

Oh well, I guess Gamepass didn't do much for FS2020. Beaten by farm simulator lol.

It explains the small team size continuing to work on it. It did its job (look pretty) I'll dial my expectations back for a robust flight sim experience. It's going to be a long road to a stable engine.



I don't hate gamepass. It's just not for me. I don't play a whole bunch of games at a time. At the moment I'm playing Tomb Raider I. The original from 1996. Just finished it today after 4 weeks and paid 0,99 € for it on steam. Even if the game is available on game pass, that would have been a whole lot more expensive.

Plus I don't like the idea of losing access to all of my games the moment I stop paying the monthly fee. And while I have used game pass 2 or 3 times in the past, there was always some game thet fell out of the service and it just so happened to be a game I was currently playing. It was some Wolfenstein game I believe and just recently River City Girls. That's just a big bummer, I can never know if and when a certain title will be available.

Lastly, I just don't like the Windows Store. It's always such a hassle. One time I forgot to delete a game before a new installation of windows. It was downright impossible to delete the game afterwards because of DRM bullshit. I had to format the whole drive. On the laptop from my son, the Windows store just stopped working altogether and so did gamepass because it's dependent on the store. So I had to buy Flight Simulator from steam, because he loves that game. Works flawlessly. Games on steam are just way way better. I'll pay extra for the convenience there any day.

So while game pass sure is great for people who like to play a bunch of recent titles and Microsoft exclusives, it's just not for everyone.



Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:

Nobody actually hates Game Pass for logical and reasonable reasons.

"Hate" is a bit extreme, but there are logical and reasonable reasons to be disinterested in a service or just not like it.

I wouldn't say that I "hate" the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack for instance, but to me it is unappealing.

I want to own my games and play them in my own time, whenever I want. I'm not interested in paying a fee to have temporary access to games.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 22 November 2021

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

SvennoJ said:
smroadkill15 said:

You pretty much answered your own question. No offense to Flight Sim, but why would console players pick that over Halo and FH5 to play, along with AAA 3rd party games lol. Well anyways to answer your other question, Flight Sim is the 20th most popular game on Game Pass right now. 

Ahh it does have a list, I don't see it here though, not in the top 50 most played
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/most-played/games/xbox?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0

Oh well, I guess Gamepass didn't do much for FS2020. Beaten by farm simulator lol.

It explains the small team size continuing to work on it. It did its job (look pretty) I'll dial my expectations back for a robust flight sim experience. It's going to be a long road to a stable engine.

Err... you might be underestimating Farm Simulator a little bit. Classic case of not seeing outside the bubble.



Gamepass value is undeniable but its sustainability is what I doubt. I don't think people should be called foolish for wondering where this ends up.

Personally I'd hate to see MS start to lower budget for their big titles because there's not enough budget to go around. At some point gamepass needs to be sustainable in its own right.



Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:

Gamepass value is undeniable but its sustainability is what I doubt. I don't think people should be called foolish for wondering where this ends up.

Personally I'd hate to see MS start to lower budget for their big titles because there's not enough budget to go around. At some point gamepass needs to be sustainable in its own right.

"I know there's a lot of people that like to write [that] we're burning cash right now for some future pot of gold at the end," Spencer said. "No. Game Pass is very, very sustainable right now as it sits. And it continues to grow."

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/451506/phil-spencer-xbox-game-pass-is-very-sustainable-right-now/



chakkra said:
SvennoJ said:

Ahh it does have a list, I don't see it here though, not in the top 50 most played
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/most-played/games/xbox?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0

Oh well, I guess Gamepass didn't do much for FS2020. Beaten by farm simulator lol.

It explains the small team size continuing to work on it. It did its job (look pretty) I'll dial my expectations back for a robust flight sim experience. It's going to be a long road to a stable engine.

Err... you might be underestimating Farm Simulator a little bit. Classic case of not seeing outside the bubble.

Ha yeah, the farm craze on Facebook a decade ago somehow slipped my mind. But I did not realize it was that popular!
Warms my heart a little that a lot of people rather farm than shoot things :)