By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hating Game Pass Makes You Look Foolish

I normally don't take such clear stances, but I'm a bit shocked about how many "gamers" don't seem to understand the basics of subscription services. So I did the math FOR them!

Of course, someone might accuse me of making this all clickbait-y and one-sided, but there's actually nothing pro-Xbox in the entire video lol... Just pro-math, so if you hate math, then you probably should just not watch it at all

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
Around the Network

you are lucky noone watches these vids otherwise you would be so getting cancelled over that asianboner comment

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Let's assume I paid $180 for game pass ultimate.

These are the game I played this year based on my achievements:

Call of Sea $19.99
Star War Fallen order $19.99
Two Point Hospital – Gamepass only
Outriders $59.99
Dark Alliance $39.99
The Ascents $29.99
Hades $24.99
Scarlet Nexus $59.99
Psychonauts 2 $59.99
No Man’s Sky $29.99
Marvel Avenger $59.99
Microsoft Flight Simulator $59.99
Forza 5 $59.99
Back 4 Blood $59.99

Total current retail price $585

I paid $1 once played Ruiner. Loved it. So I went and bought the physical. Yes, it's an ok replacement for Blockbuster but I still want to own games and not watching the video. I can't when someone is dressed like that. I just hate cowboy shit except Hangman Adam Page.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Game Pass should be illegal.

Around the Network

Do people hate it? I have shifted back to buying physical games after being digital since xbox games on demand around 2009/10. That being said I would never pretend it’s a bad deal. You can demo a bunch of games you don’t like, like and beat a couple, and still save a ton of money. I actually never heard anyone say they hate it.

Game Pass is a win for the industry. Services like it make gaming more affordable than ever. But go ahead and buy 3 physical new releases a year for $60 a piece and act like you're getting such a better experience. You're probably not.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

yvanjean said:

Call of Sea $19.99
Outriders $59.99
Dark Alliance $39.99
The Ascents $29.99
Hades $24.99
Scarlet Nexus $59.99
Psychonauts 2 $59.99
No Man’s Sky $29.99
Marvel Avenger $59.99
Forza 5 $59.99
Back 4 Blood $59.99

Yeah but those are all low budget A/AA micro transaction infested multiplayer GaaS garbage.

Wman1996 said:

Game Pass is a win for the industry. Services like it make gaming more affordable than ever. But go ahead and buy 3 physical new releases a year for $60 a piece and act like you're getting such a better experience. You're probably not.

Game Pass is a win for the consumer, for now. It's good for the industry as long as MS keeps subsidizing it.

However, I paid $120 for FS2020, been playing it almost daily for 15 months now and will keep playing it for as long as it sticks around. 15*15 = $225, already saved $105 buy buying the premium deluxe version day one (Gamepass doesn't have the premium deluxe version btw. It's an expensive upgrade $85 and you still lose access to that when cancelling gamepass)

I've played other games of course, none are on gamepass, most I wanted physical editions to keep.

It's a great deal if you like the library on offer and play a little bit of a lot of games. I play a lot of a few games and GP doesn't overlap much with my tastes. Not a great deal in that case.

Anyway those looking foolish are those that have to promote/defend game pass at every twist and turn. Why so insecure when it's such a great service. It's starting to become a religion at this point. I get it, it's Q4, XBox time to shine, two of its most popular games just came out. Enjoy it instead of worrying about whether everyone likes GP yet.

I might pick up Halo Infinite after co-op is finished and I can get my hands on a Series X slim. No rush as I only want to play local co-op anyway. It will be the physical release however, definitely looks like one to keep. After finishing the digital version of TLOU2 yesterday I'll be buying the physical version to keep. I bought it digitally because of the pandemic, but regret that now. Amazing game.

LudicrousSpeed said:
yvanjean said:

Call of Sea $19.99
Outriders $59.99
Dark Alliance $39.99
The Ascents $29.99
Hades $24.99
Scarlet Nexus $59.99
Psychonauts 2 $59.99
No Man’s Sky $29.99
Marvel Avenger $59.99
Forza 5 $59.99
Back 4 Blood $59.99

Yeah but those are all low budget A/AA micro transaction infested multiplayer GaaS garbage.

By "all" do you mean just two of them?