By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DragonBall: The Breakers announced! Very different take on the DragonBall Franchise.

Dragon Ball: The Breakers consists of seven-versus-one matches where seven normal “Survivors” have been sucked into a mysterious phenomenon called the “Temporal Seam” and must contend with the overwhelming power of the eighth player, the franchise iconic rival “Raider,” whose task is to obliterate the Survivor team. The Survivors don’t have any superpowers and must rely on various power-up items, weapons, and pilotable vehicles to battle and evade the Raider while searching for the Super Time Machine to escape oblivion. Concurrently, the Raider will be able to play as Cell, Buu, or Frieza and amass overwhelming power to destroy the Survivor team throughout the match, ensuring complete dominance.

Dragon Ball: The Breakers also features a Survivor character customization mode which enables players to design their match avatars by using familiar Dragon Ball Survivor skins and decorative equipment earned with in-game credits or via optional in-game purchases. Additionally, Dragon Ball: The Breakers will link save data with Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.

Story

Survive to live. Evolve to triumph.

Caught in by an unexpected temporal phenomenon, seven ordinary citizens find themselves stranded in a Temporal Seam: they share their imprisonment with the Raider, a menacing enemy from another timeline with an overwhelming power.

Their only hope for survival is to break out from the Temporal Seam with the Super Time Machine, but the Raider is on their tracks and becomes stronger minutes-by-minutes.

In a race against time the cunning of Survivors clashes with the power of the Raider, to break free or be broken..

Break Through or Break Down.

Key Features

  • Escape as a Team… Or on Your Own! – Cooperate with others while there is still time, but the Raider or other Survivors’ decision might force you to go at it alone. What will be your playstyle?
  • Trapped in a Temporal Seam – Escape from a large map composed of several areas, but be careful! The Raider is always looking for you and may destroy areas to reduce your living space, making your chance of escaping always more limited…
  • Enjoy Three First Iconic Raiders… Cell, Buu, and Frieza! – From the Dragon Ball franchise—As a Raider you will enjoy overwhelming powers to hunt and wipe out survivors. Master each Raider’s power to track, catch your victims to evolve and get even more powerful!
  • Customize in Your Likeness – Whether you are a Raider or a Survivor, choose your progression path and unlock perks, skins, etc. to fine tune your own personal strategy to escape as a Survivor, or hunt as a Raider…
  • Enjoy Unique Power-Ups and Items – Vehicles, weapons, grappling hooks… make the most of each gimmick to face against the Raider and struggle for your life!

“We can’t wait for people to try this complete new take on the Dragon Ball franchise!,” said Dragon Ball: The Breakers producer (Bandai Namco Entertainment) Ryosuke Hara in a press release. “We are working hard with the team at Dimps to provide brand new fun asymmetric multiplayer experience that we want to be accessible for all, while offering a strong wealth and depth of gameplay and situations. We are looking forward to welcoming you during the closed beta test.”



Around the Network

I have to say, and I'm not kidding, this is the most interested I have been in a DB announcement in awhile. I was just talking to a friend about how tired I am of DB fighting games and how much lore DB has to only be relegated to fighting games. Last DB game I was excited for was DB Fusions for the 3DS.



Reminds me of Dead by Daylight on ps4/xbox



Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Xxain said:

I have to say, and I'm not kidding, this is the most interested I have been in a DB announcement in awhile. I was just talking to a friend about how tired I am of DB fighting games and how much lore DB has to only be relegated to fighting games. Last DB game I was excited for was DB Fusions for the 3DS.

This isnt that game sorry. If they made a console RPG in the style of DB fusions only with clearly more ambition id be excited. Defo not for a Dead by Daylight clone with the DBZ name on it.



Very interesting take but people want to be a Super Saiyan. Hope it works though, experimentation is worth pursuing.



Around the Network
KLAMarine said:

Very interesting take but people want to be a Super Saiyan. Hope it works though, experimentation is worth pursuing.

Why do you have a murderer as an avatar?



Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Looks awful, imo. I'll just stick to DBD. Who out here really asking for Dragon Ball DBD?



I can't believe. I ALWAYS thought about a Dragon Ball game where you play as a regular person trying to survive against the end of the world. But I never thought they would actually make it.

I'm hyped.



I have a Youtube channel... A Twitter, and... Yeah.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

I can't believe. I ALWAYS thought about a Dragon Ball game where you play as a regular person trying to survive against the end of the world. But I never thought they would actually make it.

I'm hyped.

That all sounds good if it was a single player action game or rpg or something like that. Not this where your surviving against another player with pretty much no story other then the set up piece for it.



zero129 said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

I can't believe. I ALWAYS thought about a Dragon Ball game where you play as a regular person trying to survive against the end of the world. But I never thought they would actually make it.

I'm hyped.

That all sounds good if it was a single player action game or rpg or something like that. Not this where your surviving against another player with pretty much no story other then the set up piece for it.

Yeah, I hope it will have at least a story mode.



I have a Youtube channel... A Twitter, and... Yeah.