By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - [The Hangout Thread]

curl-6 said:

Thanks guys :) I'm pretty excited, a bit anxious too cos my last relationship was a nightmare but there's no sign so far of this one being as perilous so it's just bad associations I'll have to learn to un-learn. So far it's been wonderful. She even had amazing taste in games haha.

trunkswd said:

Dating before asking someone out? I did it differently. I was friends with my girlfriend for a couple of years before one of our mutual friends was like "soooo what is going on with you two? You like her, don't you?" Funny thing is at the time I didn't think of her as more than a friend. But we've been together for two and a half years now. Although been stuck apart due to the pandemic. I live in New York and she lives in the UK.

I'm autistic so my grasp of social protocol is about as good as my grasp of Elvish haha, I have no idea what the normal way to become someone's partner is. I know how it feels to be separated though; me and this girl actually talked for over 2 months after meeting on a dating app before we could meet for the first time in person as our city was in an extended lockdown. Hope you can see your girlfriend soon man.

I hope you two are happy and wish you the best of luck! 

My girlfriend has autism as well. It isn't that noticeable most of the time, but there are certain situations she has trouble with and I have to be patient at times. It has been tough being apart for so long and been a strain on our relationship. We were hoping to see each other again soon, but covid numbers are climbing here and in the UK. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

Thanks guys :) I'm pretty excited, a bit anxious too cos my last relationship was a nightmare but there's no sign so far of this one being as perilous so it's just bad associations I'll have to learn to un-learn. So far it's been wonderful. She even had amazing taste in games haha.

I'm autistic so my grasp of social protocol is about as good as my grasp of Elvish haha, I have no idea what the normal way to become someone's partner is. I know how it feels to be separated though; me and this girl actually talked for over 2 months after meeting on a dating app before we could meet for the first time in person as our city was in an extended lockdown. Hope you can see your girlfriend soon man.

My girlfriend has autism as well. It isn't that noticeable most of the time, but there are certain situations she has trouble with and I have to be patient at times. It has been tough being apart for so long and been a strain on our relationship. We were hoping to see each other again soon, but covid numbers are climbing here and in the UK. 

Good on you for bearing with your partner's autism; speaking from experience it can be very hard for us to find understanding partners so I'm sure she appreciate you being one of the good ones. :)

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

Good on you for bearing with your partner's autism; speaking from experience it can be very hard for us to find understanding partners so I'm sure she appreciate you being one of the good ones. :)

It can be challenging at times as she isn't the best at expressing her emotions or reading other people's emotions. I've got my own problems as well. I've dealt with anxiety my entire life. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

It can be challenging at times as she isn't the best at expressing her emotions or reading other people's emotions. I've got my own problems as well. I've dealt with anxiety my entire life. 

Yeah throwing anxiety and autism into the mix can make relationships very challenging, as I can attest for myself, but at the end of the day it's like any relationship in that if you love each other and support each other, you can overcome the challenges. :)

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

Yeah throwing anxiety and autism into the mix can make relationships very challenging, as I can attest for myself, but at the end of the day it's like any relationship in that if you love each other and support each other, you can overcome the challenges. :)

Yes, definitely. It can be a lot of work and hard on me emotionally sometimes. But in the end we make each other happy. 

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:

NSFW

Spoiler!

Seen another user make hundreds of posts like that on another users wall.

Last edited by Hiku - on 28 November 2021

I gotta say we hondurans choked again , our boxer teofimo lopez lost , honduras sucks at all sports again and we suck at everything else in achievements back for honduras in being a nobody and be forgotten again .

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

Yes, definitely. It can be a lot of work and hard on me emotionally sometimes. But in the end we make each other happy. 

At the end of the day, that's what's most important. :) 

So far, my new partner has been wonderful as far as not just accepting my autism but being open minded about learning more about it and wanting to support me when I have difficulties, and it's the loveliest feeling. I'm sure yours appreciates your support too.

I'm sure the road ahead will have ups and downs, and won't always be easy, but I look forward to walking it with her.

Wild ARMs ~ Intro & Opening - YouTube

Wish they'd make a new Wild Arms.

curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

At the end of the day, that's what's most important. :) 

So far, my new partner has been wonderful as far as not just accepting my autism but being open minded about learning more about it and wanting to support me when I have difficulties, and it's the loveliest feeling. I'm sure yours appreciates your support too.

I'm sure the road ahead will have ups and downs, and won't always be easy, but I look forward to walking it with her.

Ups and downs are to be expected in any relationship. It is overcoming the downs and working through things that is important.