By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - [The Hangout Thread]

Family Christmas with the new gf went amazingly. She got along with my parents wonderfully, and afterwards they told me "we think we're in love with her too" and that she was "a keeper", while she had a great time as well and said it felt so warm and welcoming. She hasn't been able to return home to see her family since 2019 and this was her first time at a Christmas celebration, so it seemed to mean a lot to her.

She got my little brother who has autism and DiGeorge Syndrome a Mario mug and it's making him so happy. Nintendo is special to him too, as like me he grew up with their games and consoles. It has the Red M on the outside and on the inside to measure the height of the liquid it has Mario climbing a vine.

I swear she is the greatest.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 27 December 2021

Around the Network
Metallox said:

I spent Christmas alone for the first time in my life, and it was pretty good. The situation in my family has been awkward and tense for the past few years, I truthfully hadn't enjoyed the last gatherings at all, not to mention I don't really appreciate be among too many people anymore. It was a shocker for my mother when I told her and she became incredibly upset for some days, but she ended up accepting my decision.

On Christmas Eve I talked with two friends in a video call for about an hour, then I put myself to read a little bit, watched cat videos, installed a light bar setup I bought a few days ago and tried it out while playing SMT V. It was a cozy night/morning. Then in the 25th I visited my grandparents.

I spent Christmas alone and sick. Still coughing today.

It doesn't really matter to me though, because I should be able to spend a weekend or a week with friends for New Years. Depends on if I am still sick of course.

Farsala said:
Metallox said:

I spent Christmas alone for the first time in my life, and it was pretty good. The situation in my family has been awkward and tense for the past few years, I truthfully hadn't enjoyed the last gatherings at all, not to mention I don't really appreciate be among too many people anymore. It was a shocker for my mother when I told her and she became incredibly upset for some days, but she ended up accepting my decision.

On Christmas Eve I talked with two friends in a video call for about an hour, then I put myself to read a little bit, watched cat videos, installed a light bar setup I bought a few days ago and tried it out while playing SMT V. It was a cozy night/morning. Then in the 25th I visited my grandparents.

I spent Christmas alone and sick. Still coughing today.

It doesn't really matter to me though, because I should be able to spend a weekend or a week with friends for New Years. Depends on if I am still sick of course.

Wish you a smooth recovery, bud. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

JWeinCom said:

I actually did have a nice workout at the gym. I've been going to the gym for about a few months now, and while I've seen some benefits (resting heart rate has gone from about 110 to 85, lost some weight, and can lift weigh more) I wasn't making any progress in running. About a quarter mile in, I'd get an intense pain in my right leg even though I wasn't even breaking a sweat. Thought I was just out of shape, and it would get easier, and tried a few different plans and varying speeds etc, but it just wasn't working. Looked into it, and pretty sure I have shin splints. So, started doing the elliptical which is low impact, and can finally actually push myself a bit to the point where I'm out of breath and sweaty. I'll try the tread mill again when my leg has had a few weeks to heal up and hopefully I'll be a bit lighter by then which will decrease the impact.

You need to look at Hiku's sig at the top of the thread, it will teach you how to do weights properly.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mZuzek said:

Passing by to wish everyone a happy new year.

On the road to where ?

Also a happy new year everyone and here's hoping that our wishes for the new year are heard and PS5's and Xbox Series consoles, along with certain devices loved by the master race suddenly become more bountiful and for those who live on planet Nintendo a certain sequel breathes it way into existence.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Happy new year everyone. Here's for everything getting better in 2022.

SegaHeart said:

I'm extremely scared of life and I want the cure for diabetes and cancer/heart disease to be available to the public Those nanotech scientist cured it except diabetes , but In wanna feel super young. I'm scared of dieing I feel tired abit super sad feeling is this like it feels getting closer to mid 30's? I'm such a scared baby I don't like feeling like cure wont be available to the public in time before I turn 42?

Do you seriously believe there is a nanotech cure for all diseases? Anyone to develop this would be the richest person ever over night, there's no reason to keep something like that hidden.

SegaHeart said:
Kakadu18 said:

Do you seriously believe there is a nanotech cure for all diseases? Anyone to develop this would be the richest person ever over night, there's no reason to keep something like that hidden.

Not all diseases just cancer/heart disease, Noone can cure aids at the moment and other disease I know how other diseases work , They just don't wanna release it to the public because public thinks nanotech will kill them when government wants to kill a man whenever he wants? Which is true if government gets a hold they can make nanotech turn on you whenever they want .

This is a conspiracy theory, there is no secret nanotech cure for cancer or fountain of eternal youth. This kind of technology is simply beyond our current level of advancement. Be wary of myths like this, untruths run rampant on the internet.

SegaHeart said:
curl-6 said:

This is a conspiracy theory, there is no secret nanotech cure for cancer or fountain of eternal youth. This kind of technology is simply beyond our current level of advancement. Be wary of myths like this, untruths run rampant on the internet.

The real Ted not the other TED

People are afraid of nanotech being implanted in their brain because the machine can kill them on command 

This is all experimental stuff in the early stages, none of it is fully developed yet. Clickbait headlines that sensationalize the subject get a lot of views, but we're a long way off yet from a world where cancer is curable via nanotechnology, and it certainly isn't being hoarded by "the government".

Partner got me a beautiful art set. It's just wow, amazing. It has pencils, texters, oil pastels, and different types of paint and paintbrushes. He's like "now you can do more Hombus's".
Hombus is our little inside joke. I drew a fat bee for him which didn't look like a normal bee, but it was super cute. Called it Hombus and now it's our thing. But yeah, feels weird being in healthy relationship tbh. It's been 6 months roughly, I am happy.

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem