By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

NFTs are gonna be widely accepted in the future.

Just like how gaming subs, TV/movie subs, music subs, digital gaming and paid Online MP was accepted.

Its inevitable.

Basil's YouTube Channel

Hi, guys. Finally gathered some strength to type a bit. Last week I commented on the COVID thread I had an active infection, and it truly has been the worst disease I've ever had, I don't think I've ever felt so bad as I did last Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Last three days weren't so bad but I had a striking fatigue aside from the intense coughing.

It surprises me the virus knocked me out this hard considering I'm 24 and I got the vaccine, but after this ordeal I'll have to get myself checked, don't want any surprises going forward.

And it's not only the disease that has given me problems, the isolation really puts a toll on you. No sunlight, perpetual boredom, no pay, no human contact or direct interactions. Pooff... I originally thought I was going to stay at home only 5 days. Well, those hopes were utterly shattered.

So yeah, take care of yourselves, I don't wish what I've been going through on anybody, it's really been awful.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:

Hi, guys. Finally gathered some strength to type a bit. Last week I commented on the COVID thread I had an active infection, and it truly has been the worst disease I've ever had, I don't think I've ever felt so bad as I did last Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Last three days weren't so bad but I had a striking fatigue aside from the intense coughing.

It surprises me the virus knocked me out this hard considering I'm 24 and I got the vaccine, but after this ordeal I'll have to get myself checked, don't want any surprises going forward.

And it's not only the disease that has given me problems, the isolation really puts a toll on you. No sunlight, perpetual boredom, no pay, no human contact or direct interactions. Pooff... I originally thought I was going to stay at home only 5 days. Well, those hopes were utterly shattered.

So yeah, take care of yourselves, I don't wish what I've been going through on anybody, it's really been awful.

When you say you got the vaccine, was it just the initial two shots or including the booster?

It sucks that the effect of the virus is so different - some people are affected badly and others are unaffected regardless of the vaccine status.

Stay safe and healthy - rest well.

Basil's YouTube Channel

Windjammers 2 is AMAZING!!!! , I put easy mode and it was very fun , also look at how to play section , the video below is me playing very competitively .watch me play awesome!! It's on Switch/Xbone and PS4.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network
Metallox said:

Sucks to hear. Glad it didn't go further than that, and I hopefully you won't have any further issues.

SegaHeart said:

Windjammers 2 is AMAZING!!!! , I put easy mode and it was very fun , also look at how to play section , the video below is me playing very competitively .watch me play awesome!! It's on Switch/Xbone and PS4.

Yeah, I played the Beta and it was pretty fun. I think I'll get the game later.

Last edited by Hiku - on 24 January 2022

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

I’m excited for the 2022 Australian federal election.

Gonna post workout updates here... Because it's an obnoxious thing to do, so I wouldn't want to put it places where I interact with people I know in the real world, but it helps keeps me motivated.

Anyway, I can go for about 6 miles on the elliptical now in about 45 minutes, which keeps my heartrate pretty high, which is a good thing. Gonna try to drop another 10 lbs or so before I start mixing some treadmill stuff in. I'm still very much on the heavy side, and I don't want to wind up fucking up my knees (I was getting really bad shin pain when I was running before). In the meantime though, I can still work up my cardio. A year or so ago my resting heart rate was somewhere around 110-115, now down to about 90. Which is still not great, but at least not terrible. I figure I'm pretty likely to get Covid at some point in the future (it's not going away any time soon) so want to be as prepared as possible. And if I never get it (or get it without symptoms) then still good for me.

I'm also weight training. I'm up to about 135 benching (sets of 10) and can do a set of 10 pull ups with a 30 lb assist. Hoping that by my next birthday I'll be able to do pull ups unassisted, and bench my body weight. The former goal is pretty manageable, as I could do that by just maintaining the muscle I have and dropping the weight, the latter may be a bit tough.

But, regardless of whether that happens, it's doing wonders for my mood. Highly recommend anyone who deals with depression gets started on a workout routine. It's sort of a Catch 22, because it's the last thing you want to do when you're depressed, but it's a huge help. Studies show it's as effective as anti-depressants, which can also be wonderful.

What I want Microsoft to bring back , Crash bash I had great time with the pogo stick levels and magnetic balls levels. This is beyond fun.