By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
S.Peelman said:
JWeinCom said:

It's honestly not a terrible idea depending on what work you're going into. I put stand up comedy on my resume, even though it was more of a hobby than a career, and that's what potential employers always want to talk about first. Forming a little personal bond with the interviewer is never a bad thing. The job I got recently I talked about football and cheesesteaks during the interview (it was in Philadelphia). 

So these things can help, although generally you want to get your resume onto one page, and if you have time to talk about your hobbies, depending on your age and the level of the position, it might make it appear that you don't have enough work stuff to fill out the resume. But, if you wind up interviewing with someone who likes videogames, can be helpful.

Exactly. Anything to avoid actually having to talk about why you are there. Answering “Because I need money, and this was the least worst thing to get it” to the question of what motivates you probably isn’t going to fly, even if that is the truth.

The only thing is that video games still have a silly stigma to them. Nobody will judge you for sitting and watching people play football for 8 hours on a Sunday, but if you spend 8 hours playing Madden lots of people would. So, that particular hobby may not be the best to put there, although it depends on the field and the particular employer. 

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:

Abortion is scary, The healthiest way to settle not wanting a child is to put the baby for adoption if possible? I cry watching an infant torn to shreds imagine if 2Pac mom decided to do abortion or abortion on you is their another way? adoption seems less cruel.

Then if you ever get pregnant, I fully support your right to give the baby up for adoption. If anyone else gets pregnant, I support their right to determine what happens with their body. 

Where I live abortion is legal during the first three months, before it turns into a fetus. Anything after that can usually get you up to three years in prison.
Either way they don't feel pain even after birth.

SegaHeart said:

Wanna show you what a late abortion image looks like ? lets say 4 or 8 months it looks worser than mortal kombat 11 fatalities pieces of arms and leg limbs smashed head, atleast do the abortion in 1 week before the brain is conscious and developing not wait several months? abortion can be as sooner as 1 day to a week just make sure the brain is not developed in a month or forbid develops faster in 2 weeks max.But birth control pills are more safer and no trip to the doctor.

Abortion at 8 months is illegal currently, not that I really care. Anyway, I'm going to stop responding to this, because it seems outside the spirit of the thread.

JWeinCom said:
S.Peelman said:

Exactly. Anything to avoid actually having to talk about why you are there. Answering “Because I need money, and this was the least worst thing to get it” to the question of what motivates you probably isn’t going to fly, even if that is the truth.

The only thing is that video games still have a silly stigma to them. Nobody will judge you for sitting and watching people play football for 8 hours on a Sunday, but if you spend 8 hours playing Madden lots of people would. So, that particular hobby may not be the best to put there, although it depends on the field and the particular employer. 

True, though a couple years ago when I last needed it I figured I had enough 'compensating cool stuff' on there so I thought whatever.

Around the Network

In a week, I'll be headed to Disney World which is literally my favorite place in the world. Used to go every year, but haven't since the pandemic, and I'm so fucking excited. Trying to get finished with my last final (it's a take home) so I have a day or two to get high and watch Disney movies before going.

I was hoping to lose a bunch of weight before heading down, because I WILL be eating my weight in food shaped like Mickey's head. I really haven't seen the results I've been wanting. :( I'm down about 14 lbs since the start of the year. A little less than a pound a week which isn't terrible, but really not what I want considering my diet and exercise. Unfortunately, I think my anti-depressants are holding me back a bit. But, if I stopped taking them I probably wouldn't have the motivation to try and eat less or exercise, so, not much I can really do about it. I've also been pretty high in sodium the past few days (been ordering Chinese food cause it's quick and I've got studying to do), so hopefully there's a few pounds of water weight that will be gone before I go.

When I get back, I'll probably start making posts about my progress... Because vacations can completely kill a diet. When you do something over and over, you literally build neural paths in your brain for those behaviors. Which is why habits are so hard to break for good, because those old paths can be reactivated easily, even long after you've changed. A week and a half of eating like shit can get me back into old routines, so it's important that the first thing I do when I'm done is get on the scale, gasp at the number, and then get back into healthier habits. Posting weekly progress updates, even if nobody reads them, will hopefully help keep me on track and make sure a break from my diet (which I will deservedly enjoy) does not become the end of it.

Any other Disney Park fans here? Favorite rides? Space mountain for me. Really excited to try the new star wars ride. I've avoided spoilers, but the ride has been so hyped I wonder if it can live up to it.

axumblade said:

For Mother’s Day this year, I get to give my mom another son. My partner and I are going to be married within the next 2 weeks!

Congrats. Best of luck to you.

axumblade said:

For Mother’s Day this year, I get to give my mom another son. My partner and I are going to be married within the next 2 weeks!

I was going to try and think of a joke, but instead I will just extend my sincere wish that the two of you live happily ever after.

I dislike how many people tend to say "would of" and "might of" instead of "would've" and "might've".
Why do people do that?

Hiku said:

I've seen a Nintendolife article about those and they also had a third one in orange called Pablo. Should've been Paolo though.