By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
SegaHeart said:

People need to post more here , BTW I found it in Youtube format,  weight that killed fat guy here.

Lol, he turns into rubber.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:

As I understand it, you get a receipt that says that you own a certain digital property. Nothing more. I don't see why anyone would buy this for any other reason than being dumb or some form of tax evasion. Idk.

Yep, that's all it is. Comparing NFTs with Amiibos:

Both can be sold and traded (Although NFTs only through bitcoin mining transactions)

Both are unique (Although NFTs are only 'unique' as long as the Blockchain remains secure and universally supported)

An NFT is nothing but the transaction receipt stored in Blockchain.
Amiibo you get a physical item with a digital code included for use with software.

NFTs need to be honored by a game publisher or art site to give you access to the actual 'product', an item in game or some artsy jpg.
Amiibos needs to be supported by games and hardware so you can scan them and get access to the digital part attached to the Amiibo.

Amiibos, Lego figures, Skylander figures were all a great success. Trying to replicate that in digital form (since game stores are on the way out, accelerated by the pandemic) is probably what drives the interest in NFTs in gaming. Yet NFTs are more destructive for the environment and don't look as good on your game shelves...

Kakadu18 said:
SegaHeart said:

People need to post more here , BTW I found it in Youtube format,  weight that killed fat guy here.

Lol, he turns into rubber.

Fatality D:

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

SvennoJ said:
Kakadu18 said:

As I understand it, you get a receipt that says that you own a certain digital property. Nothing more. I don't see why anyone would buy this for any other reason than being dumb or some form of tax evasion. Idk.

Yep, that's all it is. Comparing NFTs with Amiibos:

Both can be sold and traded (Although NFTs only through bitcoin mining transactions)

Both are unique (Although NFTs are only 'unique' as long as the Blockchain remains secure and universally supported)

An NFT is nothing but the transaction receipt stored in Blockchain.
Amiibo you get a physical item with a digital code included for use with software.

NFTs need to be honored by a game publisher or art site to give you access to the actual 'product', an item in game or some artsy jpg.
Amiibos needs to be supported by games and hardware so you can scan them and get access to the digital part attached to the Amiibo.

Amiibos, Lego figures, Skylander figures were all a great success. Trying to replicate that in digital form (since game stores are on the way out, accelerated by the pandemic) is probably what drives the interest in NFTs in gaming. Yet NFTs are more destructive for the environment and don't look as good on your game shelves...

The last part is the main reason for why I started to collect Amiibo. They look really nice on my shelf.

Kakadu18 said:

The last part is the main reason for why I started to collect Amiibo. They look really nice on my shelf.

I dont collect Amiibo (though I do have like 2 of them lol)

But I like getting the dolls - got some from a local store and some off of Amazon

(Dont mind the Groot , my wife wanted to buy the Groot doll for my game room lol)

Basil's YouTube Channel

Around the Network

The problem with those is, our dog likes them as well. Most have dog slobber over them now... Poor Luigi all crusty :/

SvennoJ said:

The problem with those is, our dog likes them as well. Most have dog slobber over them now... Poor Luigi all crusty :/

Ew. I was originally concerned how my cat would react to them, but thankfully she doesn't really care beyond a few sniffs.

My sister husband has a tumor in his head.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Would anyone be interested in managing a Mental Health thread?

I mentioned earlier that we were testing the waters with the Hangout Thread, and after discussing it with the team, we feel that particularly serious subjects may be more suited in a dedicated thread where it can get the attention it deserves. But on people's own terms, when they feel ready to talk about such things.

Some times people are not in the mood to discuss such heavy subjects, because it can take an emotional toll on you, and just want to have fun.

If you are interested in managing a Mental Health thread, please PM any moderator and simply say that you're interested.
If you have any ideas of your own for the thread then feel free to share that with us as well. We can discuss ideas for the layout and direction of the thread together, before making the opening post.

Something uplifting, he made it out alive. (Talk about having a bad day)
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article257184172.html

Pilot rescued seconds before train smashes into downed plane By Los Angeles Police Department January 10, 2022, 9:43 AM Body cam footage shows Los Angeles police officers pulling an injured pilot from a small plane that had crashed on to train tracks just seconds before a Metrolink train smashed into the downed aircraft on Jan. 9, 2022.

It doesn't look like the train is braking at all, those things go fast.