By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Spike0503 said:

I was just playing a couple of PS1 games that have been released on the PS5. I'm not subscribed to PS Plus but fortunately I got these cause I bought them on the PS3 back in the day and Sony honored the purchase. It's a super small thing and I don't wanna praise Sony too much but I really appreciate they did this. Hopefully I'll get most (if not all) of my old collection back.

Curiously enough the one game (so far) I didn't get is RE1 even though I bought it on the PS3. It's because they chose a different version for the new store. Back on the PS3 it was the Director's Cut Dual Shock but the new store has the original Director's Cut. If you're confused, the original Director's Cut has the original soundtrack while the DC's Dual Shock ver. has a different soundtrack along with analog support. Most people seem to hate the other soundtrack but personally I'm really into it.

Which games had been in your collection, care to share? Lately I have been rebuying my own one which basically only consisted of Tekkens, Resident Evils and Final Fantasys lol.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

So I tested positive for COVID thanks to my hillbilly of a coworker who sucks at life.

Because of him the whole entire IT staff is out sick.

RIP to all Monday Printer issues lol

Thankfully my symptoms arent too severe. Just got runny nose, cough and a mild sore throat. Started having symptoms back on Friday where I had more issues like headache, nausea, chills, runny nose, cough, sore throat and fever. Slept throughout most of the day on Friday and Saturday.

Went yesterday to a local clinic and got myself and my wife checked - thankfully she is okay but I tested positive.

So waiting to see when I'll be asked to come back to work, wont be today for sure.

The worst thing other than the symptoms is the isolation and the fact I have to wear a mask on all the time now. Thankfully I can use the guest room upstairs while I recover but I'm still worried about my parents who potentially got exposed...my dad's been bed ridden for the past 3 years and he's got all sorts of medical issues....

Edit: Just got word from my workplace's HR - that I am to work from home until Friday....but Friday I was planning work from home either ways so I guess this whole week I'll be working from home. Nice lol

Get well soon!

GoOnKid said:
Spike0503 said:

I was just playing a couple of PS1 games that have been released on the PS5. I'm not subscribed to PS Plus but fortunately I got these cause I bought them on the PS3 back in the day and Sony honored the purchase. It's a super small thing and I don't wanna praise Sony too much but I really appreciate they did this. Hopefully I'll get most (if not all) of my old collection back.

Curiously enough the one game (so far) I didn't get is RE1 even though I bought it on the PS3. It's because they chose a different version for the new store. Back on the PS3 it was the Director's Cut Dual Shock but the new store has the original Director's Cut. If you're confused, the original Director's Cut has the original soundtrack while the DC's Dual Shock ver. has a different soundtrack along with analog support. Most people seem to hate the other soundtrack but personally I'm really into it.

Which games had been in your collection, care to share? Lately I have been rebuying my own one which basically only consisted of Tekkens, Resident Evils and Final Fantasys lol.

Oh so far I just got two, a game they made for Toy Story 2 and Syphon Filter (1). I have a bunch more on the PS3: RE1 (which I didn't get cause of what I explained), RE3, FF VII, FF IX, Legend of Dragoon, Dino Crisis 1 and 2, Parasite Eve 1 and 2. Oh I also had Max Payne for the PS2 on the PS3 which I must have played like 10 times lol . Hopefully they'll release the rest of those soon for the new store.

I've always been curious about Tekken 2. I only played it briefly back in the day. I'm sure glad I didn't buy it back on the PS3 since it seems to be one of the few games that won't honor the purchase on the PS4/PS5. Bandai Namco are such bastards.

Spike0503 said:
GoOnKid said:

Oh so far I just got two, a game they made for Toy Story 2 and Syphon Filter (1). I have a bunch more on the PS3: RE1 (which I didn't get cause of what I explained), RE3, FF VII, FF IX, Legend of Dragoon, Dino Crisis 1 and 2, Parasite Eve 1 and 2. Oh I also had Max Payne for the PS2 on the PS3 which I must have played like 10 times lol . Hopefully they'll release the rest of those soon for the new store.

I've always been curious about Tekken 2. I only played it briefly back in the day. I'm sure glad I didn't buy it back on the PS3 since it seems to be one of the few games that won't honor the purchase on the PS4/PS5. Bandai Namco are such bastards.

That's a very good list, actually. You can download Legend of Dragoon on the PS3? I never knew. I even tried earlier this morning but couldn't find it. I'd love to do that because the physical game costs about 150€ second hand at the moment.

GoOnKid said:
Spike0503 said:

That's a very good list, actually. You can download Legend of Dragoon on the PS3? I never knew. I even tried earlier this morning but couldn't find it. I'd love to do that because the physical game costs about 150€ second hand at the moment.

Thank you kindly! Yeah it's because the new store doesn't have the digital games that the old PS3 store had. Do you still own a PS3? It's currently not possible to access the old store via PC but you can if you have a PS3.

Once you're into the store you can purchase games by adding funds to your PS4/PS5 wallet. Legend of Dragoon and all the others are still available of course. Though maybe you'd like to wait and see if they appear in the new store eventually? Though if you just wanna play the game legit and don't mind keeping your PS3 on, it's not a bad alternative. Plus, since it's a Sony game, it's possible they'll honor the purchase on the PS5 like they did with Syphon Filter.

Up to you though!

Around the Network
Spike0503 said:
GoOnKid said:

Thank you kindly! Yeah it's because the new store doesn't have the digital games that the old PS3 store had. Do you still own a PS3? It's currently not possible to access the old store via PC but you can if you have a PS3.

Once you're into the store you can purchase games by adding funds to your PS4/PS5 wallet. Legend of Dragoon and all the others are still available of course. Though maybe you'd like to wait and see if they appear in the new store eventually? Though if you just wanna play the game legit and don't mind keeping your PS3 on, it's not a bad alternative. Plus, since it's a Sony game, it's possible they'll honor the purchase on the PS5 like they did with Syphon Filter.

Up to you though!

I have a PS3 and still use it, but no PS4/PS5. Sadly, I can't find Legend of Dragoon in the store :/ I am there right now but there are no PS1 games at all and using the search engine doesn't help because when I look up 'Dragoon' the only hit I get is Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 - Armored Dragoon. That's a bummer :(

There are still around 25 games I want to finish for the PS3 so I think I'll be pretty busy for a while. Currently I am playing Heavenly Sword.

GoOnKid said:
Spike0503 said:

Up to you though!

I have a PS3 and still use it, but no PS4/PS5. Sadly, I can't find Legend of Dragoon in the store :/ I am there right now but there are no PS1 games at all and using the search engine doesn't help because when I look up 'Dragoon' the only hit I get is Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 - Armored Dragoon. That's a bummer :(

There are still around 25 games I want to finish for the PS3 so I think I'll be pretty busy for a while. Currently I am playing Heavenly Sword.

Oh I see, well I think there still might be a way to add funds via PC. Oh and I just found out that apparently the game is available on the American PSN but not in Europe! That's a pain. There might be a way to make an American account and add one of those pre-paid cards to it to purchase it? But I don't know if you wanna go through the hassle XD 

Went cycling today.

Rode my bicycle about 35 km enjoying the sights of the Japanese landscape. Unfortunately it was 36 degrees Celsius, and on the way back I was riding against the wind. So the enjoyment wasn't all there. Came back home to mild sunburn on my arms and legs.

Rewarding myself by buying 2 bags of tortillas (~7$ each) and 2 jars of salsa (~8$ each).

Also I thought I was lacking on the amount anime watched this year, but in actuality it was just many forgettable shows on Netflix. Sad times. I hope more quality shows are released all around whether it be Netflix or otherwise.

SegaHeart said:

Guys I'm pregnant jk, I'm extremely angry at life in 5 more months i'm 35 years old. someone help me get the life I deserve.

The one natural law is of Prey and Predator. Be a predator; know what you want, know how to get it, plan and proceed toward your goal. 

I’ve quickly found that the main difference between Millennials and Gen Z. Apart from Gen Z using the same three slang terms (cringe, based, and salty) all the time.
Millennials - spoiling a film is like a sin against everything sacred. This was a crime that could get you permanently banned from forums and socially ostracized.
Gen Z - cannot wait to spoil films or TV shows. It’s like a competition to who can broadcast the spoiler to the most amount of people—writing articles, social media posts, making YouTube videos, and posting the spoiler in the title.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.