By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Got my studio desk in and was little scared it might be damaged by the way the packaging looked.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

I got it home and unpackaged, and there was no damage.  It was well wrapped on the inside.

Only about a 3rd of the room can be seen here.  11 foot tall ceiling to give an idea on room size.

I got it unwrapped and separated all the parts, now for the fun.

Slide out tray is for an 88-key piano midi keyboard controller.

Here is the specs to give an idea on size.  Almost 7 feet wide!  Also very heavy.

Some more specs and product name for those interested.

I will be transforming the entire room into my production studio and hope to be finished by December. 

I have since pulled back the desk away from the wall and am still clearing out the room.  The acoustic sound treatment will be my main focus for August and September.  I've been experimenting with color and shape layouts for the foam and panel treatment in Minecraft where I duplicated the wall dimensions at least 30 times to compare them side by side.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Been a long time since I've been on here so here's a quick update;

I quit my job recently and I have nothing to go too. My partner is moving in though, I think. Well, he said he will, we spoke about it, not much is happening and I kinda feel alone.
I'm almost broke again because he's broke as shit and borrows money from me, I let him because I'm his girlfriend and I have his back.
Might study next year if I can even get in. Had a job interview not long ago but didn't get it because I'm not qualified.
Avoiding doctors because I don't want to pay over a $100, I still need to get my results for my blood tests I had a while ago but again, I'm avoiding that too. If it's important, they can call me. Probably low iron or some shit.
Had a call to make an appointment for counselling, decided not to call back (phone anxiety- fun!). Counselling was for my anxiety and depression that the doctor diagnosed me with, she gave me medication but I stopped after 2 weeks, only reason I took it was to get my partner off my back about it. I don't believe in medication, and it was exhausting taking it every morning. Not to mention that it made me angrier. I lied to the doctor and said it was helping, just so I could hurry up and get out of there.
I brought 3 giant alpaca's (fake but real wool) out of spite. Very limited edition and the one I wanted got sold, so I brought the other 3 so no one else could take them. Petty? Yes. Worth it? Also yes. I have no shame.
I've moved furniture around my room, looks nicer.

I've made a lot of bad decisions, and I think I fucked up. I don't know what to do, or where to start. I don't know what to do with myself. 

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

Hiku said:

I don't think anyone here can give medical advice, but do you think something negative could come out of being honest with your doctor about why you don't want to take that particular medicine? They may be able to prescribe you a different one that doesn't affect your mood that way. Or at least note in your journal why youy don't want to take them so that they can find a better solution for you next time perhaps?

Alpacas are nice though. Congrats on the acquisition.

The question should be, how honest is your doctor being with you?

Around the Network

?

Well...getting ready for retirement...and am scared as hell

I'm pretty sure I made Apple add a feature to Numbers (you know, their Excel equivalent).

So, I keep a ridiculously elaborate spreadsheet (like, really, it's so large and nerdy I'm ashamed to show it to people, but at same time I'm not) logging my walks and marches since 2011. It has tables to have it calculate stats and graphs, and some formulas require a week-number from a date I enter. Of course, there is the function WEEKNUMBER, which gets that, but it counts week 1 as always starting on 1 January, which isn't right according to the international standard and most calendars in the world, which means about half the years use week-numbers one above what my calendar tells me. So I used the feedback feature in Numbers about half a year ago to send them the suggestion that they should add a function that counts "ISO weeks", so the 'real', standardised week-numbers that match those on my calendar. Lo and behold, there was an update recently, which added the function ISO.WEEKNUMBER. Oh yes. Coincidence? I choose to believe not.

Don't everybody thank me at once.

Checkout "Kardashev - Liminal Rite" if you wanna hear some Deathgaze. Great album.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Posted this on ERA's Game Room thread but I have gotten a few new things and re-arranged stuff.

New items I had gotten were a new table, a 2nd HDMI switcher and a controller stand.

This is my game room as of today - few more additions will be added end of month or beginning of December. Also some cable covers for the cables.

-75'' Sony x900f TV
-24'' HP Monitor on the side for PC second screen such as monitoring FPS, temps, etc
-5.1 Surround sound system (Vizio)
-Theater Sofa set
-Playstation 4
-Playstation 3 (Hidden below the PS4)
-Nintendo Switch
-Nintendo WiiU (Hidden below the PS3)
-Xbox Series S
-Gaming Desktop
-Gaming Laptop (Hidden below the gaming desktop - but retired and only used as a media station)
-2 HDMI Switchers
-3 Dualshock 4 controllers, 2 Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers and 1 Xbox Series S controller
-Razr Blackwidow V3 Keyboard
-Razr Basilisk Ultimate Mouse

A few other things in the screenshots include

Mario Monopoly, Mario Game of Life, Mario/Zelda/Pokemon/etc figures and dolls, telescope and a futon which some of my family likes laying on the floor while watching their shows/movies.