By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - [The Hangout Thread]

mZuzek said:

I like the new Guardians of the Galaxy game.

I don't like that no one talks about it.

I like this thread.

I like you.

on what console can you play it?

Around the Network

I actually did have a nice workout at the gym. I've been going to the gym for about a few months now, and while I've seen some benefits (resting heart rate has gone from about 110 to 85, lost some weight, and can lift weigh more) I wasn't making any progress in running. About a quarter mile in, I'd get an intense pain in my right leg even though I wasn't even breaking a sweat. Thought I was just out of shape, and it would get easier, and tried a few different plans and varying speeds etc, but it just wasn't working. Looked into it, and pretty sure I have shin splints. So, started doing the elliptical which is low impact, and can finally actually push myself a bit to the point where I'm out of breath and sweaty. I'll try the tread mill again when my leg has had a few weeks to heal up and hopefully I'll be a bit lighter by then which will decrease the impact.

My sister's birthday is coming up and she wanted Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess Mangas as a gift. There's 9 Volumes and boy, some of there were a pain to get.

3/9 were out of stock on amazon so I was like, k, lets see if they are in Chapters who are the big book store around here. With them, 6/9 were in stock for delivery (same ones as amazon), 2/9 were in stock for pick up and 1/9 was out of stock. The problem with the pick up one was they were only available at a location that was 40 minute drive away.

So I decided to wait 2 weeks but as the stock situation wasn't getting better and I wanted a bit of a buffer zone, I needed to commit. So I ordered the 6/9 from chapters for delivery. I searched around some more in both local and online book stores but the only one that has the missing volumes in stock are about 2 hour drive away which I was like fuck dat. Now they also do delivery but they charge $12 delivery per book even if you buy 3 of them. So Instead of paying $36 for 3 books, I'd be paying $72 which is insane. But the alternatives wasn't exactly much better as scalpers also have their hands on these books as well...

So I ordered 2/3 from chapters as pick ups and paid the extra delivery fee for the last one.

Who knew getting mangas would be such a pain...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I'm playing Final Fantasy 14 right now.  I'm in North America and the servers are full all of the time, even early in the morning.  Apparently, lots of people are leaving WoW to play FF14.  I've been playing FF14 for a few months, and I can confirm that it's really fun, although I never played WoW past level 20.

The scary thing for me is that the next expansion will be out in less than a month.  Usually lots of people come back whenever there is an expansion.  If the servers are always full now, then just imagine what it will be like when the expansion releases.

mZuzek said:

I like the new Guardians of the Galaxy game.

I don't like that no one talks about it.

I like this thread.

I like you.

Delete

Last edited by Dulfite - on 15 November 2021

Around the Network

I bought a very good 250mm aperture 1200mm long telescope from OOUK with all the bells and whistles last week. This thing is hyuge. The tube obviously is a bit wider than the mirror so that’s about 300mm in diameter, and on its Dobson style stand if you know what that is it’s about 30 centimeters taller as well. And it’s white.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 15 November 2021

I'm still stunned at the fact that I'm dating, and it's been 4 months! (according to the internet). He's great, I swear the room gets brighter every time he walks in, and my heart just melts.
Oh yeah, got my hair cut. Super short and I love it. Pretty sure everyone got a heart attack when they saw it ;) 

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

I am currently eating whole grain cookies and drinking a glass of water.
Stayed tuned for more snack-related posts.

I ate a whole bag of chocolate chip cookies yesterday. They were very tasty.

I just realised something interesting.
Workout and drugs kinda have opposite effects. Being drunk or high is fun but you feel terrible later. On the contrary I find doing workout is shit and feels terrible, but later I just feel great.