By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - [The Hangout Thread]

Kakadu18 said:
Farsala said:

2nd chapter of my Gravy making Saga.

It was my birthday and I was craving something from home, so I tried again. This time I had chicken thighs for the gravy. The gravy was good, but just a little bit more and it becomes great. Unfortunately, I boiled 1 potato, but it was such a beastly size that it didn't cook through even after an hour of boiling. So the Mashed Potatoes were a fail.

You need to cut the potato into smaller pieces. Then it'll go faster.

For sure. I don't want it to go too fast though.

Metallox said:
dx11332sega said:

When you cross the states try going to outdoor outlets , some outdoor outlets that have official nike or official addidas stores sell the shoes 50% off or more vs facebook , craiglist and local malls , I help 

I'll be honest, I always buy most of my clothing in places like Walmart, Target and the like 😂 But I'll check those, but in my experience, finding 20-30 dollar stuff of my size in those places is like finding needles in the haystack. 

Speaking of crossing the border and needles, the border was finally opened for us Mexicans in November 8, but we have to present our vaccination certificate, and I don't have that, I chickened out when the J&J vaccine came a few months ago because I don't stand needles, I kind of die every time one pinches me. It was an incredibly irresponsible decision, but I guess I'm paying for it now. 

So now I have to wait until December 1st for my second dose of AZ, and then, with some luck, finally receive the certificate two weeks after that. Relatives and friends have told me that in the majority of times CBP officers are not requesting the certificate, but still, that's how the obligation goes.

Better than living in Japan and not finding your size at all. I bought freaking Goodyear shoes that are trash, but the only thing they sold around here.

For my birthday/ Christmas, I had my father send me my size 13 shoes, which probably cost them $140 in total.

Around the Network

It's official; after 7 long years of being hopelessly single, I am single no longer. 

I asked the lady I've been seeing to be my girlfriend, she said yes.

I was worried that asking for us to be official on the 4th date was moving too fast, and I got conflicting advice from friends, but in the end I just decided to bite the bullet and go for it. She is amazing and I am over the moon.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 27 November 2021

curl-6 said:

It's official; after 7 long years of being hopelessly single, I am single no longer. 

I was worried that asking for us to be official on the 4th date was moving too fast, and I got conflicting advice from friends, but in the end I just decided to bite the bullet and go for it. She is amazing and I am over the moon.

That's great. I'm happy for you! Hopefully I'll be able to say something similar in the not too far future. I want it, but my problem though is that I'm just too lazy to actually go out to actively look for it.

curl-6 said:

Congrats! Happy for you.

Thanks guys :) I'm pretty excited, a bit anxious too cos my last relationship was a nightmare but there's no sign so far of this one being as perilous so it's just bad associations I'll have to learn to un-learn. So far it's been wonderful. She even had amazing taste in games haha.

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

I was worried that asking on the 4th date was moving too fast, and I got conflicting advice from friends, but in the end I just decided to bite the bullet and go for it. She is amazing and I am over the moon.

Dating before asking someone out? I did it differently. I was friends with my girlfriend for a couple of years before one of our mutual friends was like "soooo what is going on with you two? You like her, don't you?" Funny thing is at the time I didn't think of her as more than a friend. But we've been together for two and a half years now. Although been stuck apart due to the pandemic. I live in New York and she lives in the UK.

I'm autistic so my grasp of social protocol is about as good as my grasp of Elvish haha, I have no idea what the normal way to become someone's partner is. I know how it feels to be separated though; me and this girl actually talked for over 2 months after meeting on a dating app before we could meet for the first time in person as our city was in an extended lockdown. Hope you can see your girlfriend soon man.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

Thanks guys :) I'm pretty excited, a bit anxious too cos my last relationship was a nightmare but there's no sign so far of this one being as perilous so it's just bad associations I'll have to learn to un-learn. So far it's been wonderful. She even had amazing taste in games haha.

I'm autistic so my grasp of social protocol is about as good as my grasp of Elvish haha, I have no idea what the normal way to become someone's partner is. I know how it feels to be separated though; me and this girl actually talked for over 2 months after meeting on a dating app before we could meet for the first time in person as our city was in an extended lockdown. Hope you can see your girlfriend soon man.

I hope you two are happy and wish you the best of luck! 

My girlfriend has autism as well. It isn't that noticeable most of the time, but there are certain situations she has trouble with and I have to be patient at times. It has been tough being apart for so long and been a strain on our relationship. We were hoping to see each other again soon, but covid numbers are climbing here and in the UK. 

Good on you for bearing with your partner's autism; speaking from experience it can be very hard for us to find understanding partners so I'm sure she appreciate you being one of the good ones. :)

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

Good on you for bearing with your partner's autism; speaking from experience it can be very hard for us to find understanding partners so I'm sure she appreciate you being one of the good ones. :)

It can be challenging at times as she isn't the best at expressing her emotions or reading other people's emotions. I've got my own problems as well. I've dealt with anxiety my entire life. 

Yeah throwing anxiety and autism into the mix can make relationships very challenging, as I can attest for myself, but at the end of the day it's like any relationship in that if you love each other and support each other, you can overcome the challenges. :)

dx11332sega said:

NSFW

Spoiler!

Seen another user make hundreds of posts like that on another users wall.

Last edited by Hiku - on 28 November 2021

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah throwing anxiety and autism into the mix can make relationships very challenging, as I can attest for myself, but at the end of the day it's like any relationship in that if you love each other and support each other, you can overcome the challenges. :)

Yes, definitely. It can be a lot of work and hard on me emotionally sometimes. But in the end we make each other happy. 

At the end of the day, that's what's most important. :) 

So far, my new partner has been wonderful as far as not just accepting my autism but being open minded about learning more about it and wanting to support me when I have difficulties, and it's the loveliest feeling. I'm sure yours appreciates your support too.

I'm sure the road ahead will have ups and downs, and won't always be easy, but I look forward to walking it with her.

Just got back from my routine cancer scans; the CT scan I get every 4 months to make sure it's still gone.
I'll get the results in 5 days.

The wait is always nerve-wracking, but so far all my post-op scans have come back clean.