By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Was able to get back into the gym. Was only able to do about 15 minutes on the eliptical but started to get a sharp pain in my throat which hasn't happened in a long time. Then did some treadmill. Hopefully, this is just because I've been lazy for the last week and not some lingering effect of Covid.Was able to lift more or less what I could before. Will swim tomorrow.

Around the Network

Don't want to say it on my social media, because a lot of my classmates are struggling, but I was given an award for being the best in my graduating class in the field of tax. There are only about 20 students maybe that actually specialize in tax, but still it's a decent law school and everyone is pretty smart, so it's nice to beat them out. I remember waaaaaay back when in middle school being at an award ceremony and feeling so bad watching everyone else get awards knowing that I was just as smart of them and could have been the one getting them if I worked harder. And resolving to do better... which I totally didn't do in high school or college XD. Took me a while, but finally got there.

I'm about to close one chapter of my life, and turn the page to a new one. The terror and the excitement of what the future may hold, ...is why I'm here.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I have to confess something.

I was updating my resume, and I realized, that I can't consider 'Gaming' to be one of my hobbies anymore. I mean, how could I, I never actually play anything. I think I haven't played a single video game this year yet.

S.Peelman said:

I was updating my resume, and I realized, that I can't consider 'Gaming' to be one of my hobbies anymore. I mean, how could I, I never actually play anything. I think I haven't played a single video game this year yet.

That's kinda sad.

It's the opposite for me. The last month I've been playing more than in the last two years.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

You actually have a Hobbies section for your resume?

At the very end, a small list. They like to know these things. I think. Hasn't hindered me before in any case lol.

Kakadu18 said:

That's kinda sad.

It's the opposite for me. The last month I've been playing more than in the last two years.

Maybe we could level out a bit; I'll take some of your enthusiasm and you take some of my.. uhh.. unenthusiasm.

My computer says that's not a word, "unenthusiasm". Whatever, if it's not it is now.

BasilZero said:
S.Peelman said:

It's honestly not a terrible idea depending on what work you're going into. I put stand up comedy on my resume, even though it was more of a hobby than a career, and that's what potential employers always want to talk about first. Forming a little personal bond with the interviewer is never a bad thing. The job I got recently I talked about football and cheesesteaks during the interview (it was in Philadelphia). 

So these things can help, although generally you want to get your resume onto one page, and if you have time to talk about your hobbies, depending on your age and the level of the position, it might make it appear that you don't have enough work stuff to fill out the resume. But, if you wind up interviewing with someone who likes videogames, can be helpful.

SegaHeart said:

I have a secret that'll strongly help people that hate love handles, My mom introduced me to it. It has worked for my sister and 2nd niece. So it'll help me aswell will reveal what it is until I finally get rid of these love handles . ugh.I'm unsure if i'll be a hero to skinny fat people this remedy works on people like me look skinny wearing a shirt but taking the shirt off fat rolls on the side of the stomach makes us look skinny fat.

There is no secret. If you're overweight you have to lose weight and exercise more. If you are a normal weight and still have love handles, then that is just the way your body is shaped. 

SegaHeart said:
JWeinCom said:

There is no secret. If you're overweight you have to lose weight and exercise more. If you are a normal weight and still have love handles, then that is just the way your body is shaped. 

That really hurt, also my sister had tiny stomach and love handles but a remedy took it off. Please be postive I'm trying my hardest don't put me down. It'll work on me too.

It doesn't matter if I or you are positive, reality is what it is.

https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/can-you-really-control-where-you-lose-fat

You can lose fat by dieting and exercising but there's no way to lose fat in one specific area. People's bodies store fat in different places. It is what it is. Not going to argue about it. Do what you want.

JWeinCom said:
BasilZero said:

It's honestly not a terrible idea depending on what work you're going into. I put stand up comedy on my resume, even though it was more of a hobby than a career, and that's what potential employers always want to talk about first. Forming a little personal bond with the interviewer is never a bad thing. The job I got recently I talked about football and cheesesteaks during the interview (it was in Philadelphia). 

So these things can help, although generally you want to get your resume onto one page, and if you have time to talk about your hobbies, depending on your age and the level of the position, it might make it appear that you don't have enough work stuff to fill out the resume. But, if you wind up interviewing with someone who likes videogames, can be helpful.

Exactly. Anything to avoid actually having to talk about why you are there. Answering “Because I need money, and this was the least worst thing to get it” to the question of what motivates you probably isn’t going to fly, even if that is the truth.