By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Kakadu18 said:
SvennoJ said:

Have I truly lost touch with the world, what is this???
https://opensea.io/collection/world-of-women-nft

Got there from here
https://www.blockchain.com/nfts

700K for this, well for a receipt to this

https://opensea.io/assets/0xe785e82358879f061bc3dcac6f0444462d4b5330/6025

What what how why what

HAHAHAHAHAHAHEHUGHHUEGHHBGFRFFCCBHRCBIKN!!!!!!!

Sorry I just died of laughter. I can download and infinitely copy each and every one of those ugly abominations of art.

You may have an ugly copy but you don't have the gorgeous and nonsensical numbers and letters that conform the URL of the real thing. 

That's what is being sold, isn't it? An access to a URL or something like that that no one else can replicate because you, as the owner, are supposed to have it somewhere secure. 

Don't know the exact details, I feel so out of touch, too and I'm only 24. I like those Mr. Incredible memes the kids are making nowadays, though. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
Metallox said:
Kakadu18 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHEHUGHHUEGHHBGFRFFCCBHRCBIKN!!!!!!!

Sorry I just died of laughter. I can download and infinitely copy each and every one of those ugly abominations of art.

You may have an ugly copy but you don't have the gorgeous and nonsensical numbers and letters that conform the URL of the real thing. 

That's what is being sold, isn't it? An access to a URL or something like that that no one else can replicate because you, as the owner, are supposed to have it somewhere secure. 

Don't know the exact details, I feel so out of touch, too and I'm only 24. I like those Mr. Incredible memes the kids are making nowadays, though. 

As I understand it, you get a receipt that says that you own a certain digital property. Nothing more. I don't see why anyone would buy this for any other reason than being dumb or some form of tax evasion. Idk.

SegaHeart said:

People need to post more here , BTW I found it in Youtube format,  weight that killed fat guy here.

Lol, he turns into rubber.

Kakadu18 said:

As I understand it, you get a receipt that says that you own a certain digital property. Nothing more. I don't see why anyone would buy this for any other reason than being dumb or some form of tax evasion. Idk.

Yep, that's all it is. Comparing NFTs with Amiibos:

Both can be sold and traded (Although NFTs only through bitcoin mining transactions)

Both are unique (Although NFTs are only 'unique' as long as the Blockchain remains secure and universally supported)

An NFT is nothing but the transaction receipt stored in Blockchain.
Amiibo you get a physical item with a digital code included for use with software.

NFTs need to be honored by a game publisher or art site to give you access to the actual 'product', an item in game or some artsy jpg.
Amiibos needs to be supported by games and hardware so you can scan them and get access to the digital part attached to the Amiibo.

Amiibos, Lego figures, Skylander figures were all a great success. Trying to replicate that in digital form (since game stores are on the way out, accelerated by the pandemic) is probably what drives the interest in NFTs in gaming. Yet NFTs are more destructive for the environment and don't look as good on your game shelves...

SvennoJ said:
Kakadu18 said:

Yep, that's all it is. Comparing NFTs with Amiibos:

Both can be sold and traded (Although NFTs only through bitcoin mining transactions)

Both are unique (Although NFTs are only 'unique' as long as the Blockchain remains secure and universally supported)

An NFT is nothing but the transaction receipt stored in Blockchain.
Amiibo you get a physical item with a digital code included for use with software.

NFTs need to be honored by a game publisher or art site to give you access to the actual 'product', an item in game or some artsy jpg.
Amiibos needs to be supported by games and hardware so you can scan them and get access to the digital part attached to the Amiibo.

Amiibos, Lego figures, Skylander figures were all a great success. Trying to replicate that in digital form (since game stores are on the way out, accelerated by the pandemic) is probably what drives the interest in NFTs in gaming. Yet NFTs are more destructive for the environment and don't look as good on your game shelves...

The last part is the main reason for why I started to collect Amiibo. They look really nice on my shelf.

Around the Network

The problem with those is, our dog likes them as well. Most have dog slobber over them now... Poor Luigi all crusty :/

SvennoJ said:

The problem with those is, our dog likes them as well. Most have dog slobber over them now... Poor Luigi all crusty :/

Ew. I was originally concerned how my cat would react to them, but thankfully she doesn't really care beyond a few sniffs.

Something uplifting, he made it out alive. (Talk about having a bad day)
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article257184172.html

Pilot rescued seconds before train smashes into downed plane By Los Angeles Police Department January 10, 2022, 9:43 AM Body cam footage shows Los Angeles police officers pulling an injured pilot from a small plane that had crashed on to train tracks just seconds before a Metrolink train smashed into the downed aircraft on Jan. 9, 2022.

It doesn't look like the train is braking at all, those things go fast.

I always found the silly translation fitting with the theme of the game. I haven't played re-roll though, just the older ones. Stuff like A winner is you and All your base are belong to us is gold in the right context adding an extra layer of humor.

Today was a good day.

I'm currently coming off nerve pain medication for the cancer surgery I had in 2020, and my doctor reckons that since the pains haven't come back so far, they're probably gone for good, at last.

My little brother, who has a congenital heart condition and so is at high risk, finally got his booster shot.

Even in difficult times, sometimes the sun breaks out from behind the clouds. And eventually, the clouds pass.