By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Well, I have officially survived 33 orbits around the nearest star.

It was a big year; on the one hand, it has challenged me greatly and brought immense stress and anxiety, but on the other, it also brought someone truly wonderful into my life and ended 7 years of being single.

Spending the day relaxing as much as I can and talking with friends online. Been replaying Uncharted 3 for old time's sake so will finish that off later today.

I joined VGChartz nearly 12 years ago, so I've spent well over a third of my life now as a part of this community; thank you all so much for making my time here so awesome. :)

Last edited by curl-6 - on 15 January 2022

Around the Network

"It's real to the people who want it to be real" Brilliant!

Non funginable tokens lol.

I hope this doesn't break the thread

Hi, guys. Finally gathered some strength to type a bit. Last week I commented on the COVID thread I had an active infection, and it truly has been the worst disease I've ever had, I don't think I've ever felt so bad as I did last Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Last three days weren't so bad but I had a striking fatigue aside from the intense coughing.

It surprises me the virus knocked me out this hard considering I'm 24 and I got the vaccine, but after this ordeal I'll have to get myself checked, don't want any surprises going forward.

And it's not only the disease that has given me problems, the isolation really puts a toll on you. No sunlight, perpetual boredom, no pay, no human contact or direct interactions. Pooff... I originally thought I was going to stay at home only 5 days. Well, those hopes were utterly shattered.

So yeah, take care of yourselves, I don't wish what I've been going through on anybody, it's really been awful.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I’m excited for the 2022 Australian federal election.

Gonna post workout updates here... Because it's an obnoxious thing to do, so I wouldn't want to put it places where I interact with people I know in the real world, but it helps keeps me motivated.

Anyway, I can go for about 6 miles on the elliptical now in about 45 minutes, which keeps my heartrate pretty high, which is a good thing. Gonna try to drop another 10 lbs or so before I start mixing some treadmill stuff in. I'm still very much on the heavy side, and I don't want to wind up fucking up my knees (I was getting really bad shin pain when I was running before). In the meantime though, I can still work up my cardio. A year or so ago my resting heart rate was somewhere around 110-115, now down to about 90. Which is still not great, but at least not terrible. I figure I'm pretty likely to get Covid at some point in the future (it's not going away any time soon) so want to be as prepared as possible. And if I never get it (or get it without symptoms) then still good for me.

I'm also weight training. I'm up to about 135 benching (sets of 10) and can do a set of 10 pull ups with a 30 lb assist. Hoping that by my next birthday I'll be able to do pull ups unassisted, and bench my body weight. The former goal is pretty manageable, as I could do that by just maintaining the muscle I have and dropping the weight, the latter may be a bit tough.

But, regardless of whether that happens, it's doing wonders for my mood. Highly recommend anyone who deals with depression gets started on a workout routine. It's sort of a Catch 22, because it's the last thing you want to do when you're depressed, but it's a huge help. Studies show it's as effective as anti-depressants, which can also be wonderful.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Metallox said:

Hi, guys. Finally gathered some strength to type a bit. Last week I commented on the COVID thread I had an active infection, and it truly has been the worst disease I've ever had, I don't think I've ever felt so bad as I did last Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Last three days weren't so bad but I had a striking fatigue aside from the intense coughing.

It surprises me the virus knocked me out this hard considering I'm 24 and I got the vaccine, but after this ordeal I'll have to get myself checked, don't want any surprises going forward.

And it's not only the disease that has given me problems, the isolation really puts a toll on you. No sunlight, perpetual boredom, no pay, no human contact or direct interactions. Pooff... I originally thought I was going to stay at home only 5 days. Well, those hopes were utterly shattered.

So yeah, take care of yourselves, I don't wish what I've been going through on anybody, it's really been awful.

When you say you got the vaccine, was it just the initial two shots or including the booster?

It sucks that the effect of the virus is so different - some people are affected badly and others are unaffected regardless of the vaccine status.

Stay safe and healthy - rest well.

Two shots and booster. I like to imagine it could've been way worse without them. 

And thanks for the wishes. I finally tested negative yesterday and got allowed to return to work starting tomorrow. I still have coughs on a regular basis, sucks that the symptoms take this long to vanish. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

BasilZero said:

NFTs are gonna be widely accepted in the future.

Just like how gaming subs, TV/movie subs, music subs, digital gaming and paid Online MP was accepted.

Its inevitable.

NFTs are way way worse than any of the other stuff you mentioned.

Metallox said:
BasilZero said:

When you say you got the vaccine, was it just the initial two shots or including the booster?

It sucks that the effect of the virus is so different - some people are affected badly and others are unaffected regardless of the vaccine status.

Stay safe and healthy - rest well.

Two shots and booster. I like to imagine it could've been way worse without them. 

And thanks for the wishes. I finally tested negative yesterday and got allowed to return to work starting tomorrow. I still have coughs on a regular basis, sucks that the symptoms take this long to vanish. 

I fear, without the vaccine you might have not made it.

My heart is breaking for my girlfriend right now. She's recently started work as a kindergarten teacher, having finished her master's degree in early childhood education last year, and it's so hard for her.

Just yesterday three people at her workplace tested positive. She hasn't been able to get her booster yet because of our incompetent government fucking up the vaccine rollout. Her employer isn't treating her the best either. I wish there was more I could do to help, but it seems all I can is listen and try my best to be supportive. I feel so helpless.

"I've been down for days from the vaxx but I want more shots"

"I've got Covid symptoms despite my boosters but it's a great product anyway"

"My gf is double vaxxed and tested positive so I blame it on the lack of booooosterinos"