By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I got a job offer from KPMG. It's going to be in Philadelphia which would be a tough decision but they may be able to move it to NYC in which case I'd instantly take it.

I wish I could go back in time and tell my past self he'd be mulling over an offer to be a tax lawyer... just to see how utterly baffled he would be. Life takes strange turns sometimes.

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:

I have 3 cavities in my teeth 1 of them infected and I'm scared of the tooth surgery. No one helps me. and pulling a tooth cost 730$ like a scalped PS5 per tooth . I still haven't created a game. It's the wisdom teeth only.

Can't help you with the money, but I've had wisdom teeth pulled, and it really wasn't that bad. Also, a root canal. Not that bad.

SegaHeart said:
JWeinCom said:

Can't help you with the money, but I've had wisdom teeth pulled, and it really wasn't that bad. Also, a root canal. Not that bad.

k, Also I wish there was a cure for Diabetes and that I wished to live past 70 years old which diabetes makes lifespan shorter and I'm tired of eating salads I want a burger and fizzy drinks , I'm also don't have a girlfriend and I'm stuck taking 4 types of meds besides the bipolar med. I never had a normal life. 

I feel for you, but I'm not a genie dude. Don't know what you expect me to do about it.

BasilZero said:
JWeinCom said:

I got a job offer from KPMG. It's going to be in Philadelphia which would be a tough decision but they may be able to move it to NYC in which case I'd instantly take it.

I wish I could go back in time and tell my past self he'd be mulling over an offer to be a tax lawyer... just to see how utterly baffled he would be. Life takes strange turns sometimes.

Your a tax lawyer? That is pretty cool.

Yeah, if I had told myself 10+ years ago I would be where I am now, 2010 me would have laughed at the current me right now lol

@OT - had a great day yesterday - was my wife's birthday. Had some Chick Fil La since everyone in my house hold wanted some lol

Went to Macys ended up spending way more than I had planned....

Went to a great restaurant in the early evening. Had too much to eat there as well....lol

Great place btw: https://www.therouxpour.com/

Second time drinking wine since I dont really drink alcohol (not a religious thing, just a general choice).

Got home, passed out at 8pm and just barely woke up now lol....

I'm not a tax lawyer yet, I'm a law school student. If I'm able to accept the job, then I'll be a tax lawyer. Glad you had a good day yesterday. I have moral qualms about Chick Fil A, but they do make a good chicken sandwich.

On the subject of chicken sandwiches I wish I could eat I finally lost a fucking pound. Well, a pound and a half. I've been losing weight for a while, but have been stuck for like three weeks, so good to see some progress. Typically, I'll lose about 5 pounds in a week, then nothing for like a month, so hopefully a few more will come off before the next plateau.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 12 February 2022

SegaHeart said:

I'm crying my life still sucks and I have no girlfriend , I'm bipolar and still have diabetes type 2 forced to eat plants and healthy. No happiness for me ever.

On some obscure way, you have it cool because eating healthy has tremendous benefits even if you have diabetes. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
JWeinCom said:

I'm not a tax lawyer yet, I'm a law school student. If I'm able to accept the job, then I'll be a tax lawyer. Glad you had a good day yesterday. I have moral qualms about Chick Fil A, but they do make a good chicken sandwich.

On the subject of chicken sandwiches I wish I could eat I finally lost a fucking pound. Well, a pound and a half. I've been losing weight for a while, but have been stuck for like three weeks, so good to see some progress. Typically, I'll lose about 5 pounds in a week, then nothing for like a month, so hopefully a few more will come off before the next plateau.

Oooh okay - congrats regardless! I dont miss being a student anymore lol.

I'm gonna be losing more weight soon.

Easter lent starts soon and as a Syrian Orthodox Christian (I think mine is gonna be a bit earlier) - its gonna be for 50 days.

Though to be honest, I kind of limited myself from eating meat on week/workdays (only meat consumption on off/holidays and weekends).

5 pounds in a week seems like a lot. A full week for me if I dont end up eating out or going somewhere crazy on Sat/Sun would net me a loss of 2 pounds a week.

I try to limit myself to around 1,700 to 1,800 calories and have eliminated a lot of stuff that has high cholestrol (i.e. Dairy Milk, meat, etc).

5 pounds was my average weekly drop when I started a weight loss routine, for the first two months. Though, I have to point out, I was put in 1300-1400 calorie diet. As I settled down, 2-.2.5 kg became 1.5 and then 1 in the final couple of months. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

BasilZero said:
JWeinCom said:

Easter lent starts soon and as a Syrian Orthodox Christian (I think mine is gonna be a bit earlier) - its gonna be for 50 days.

Though to be honest, I kind of limited myself from eating meat on week/workdays (only meat consumption on off/holidays and weekends).

5 pounds in a week seems like a lot. A full week for me if I dont end up eating out or going somewhere crazy on Sat/Sun would net me a loss of 2 pounds a week.

I try to limit myself to around 1,700 to 1,800 calories and have eliminated a lot of stuff that has high cholestrol (i.e. Dairy Milk, meat, etc).

Metallox said:
BasilZero said:

5 pounds was my average weekly drop when I started a weight loss routine, for the first two months. Though, I have to point out, I was put in 1300-1400 calorie diet. As I settled down, 2-.2.5 kg became 1.5 and then 1 in the final couple of months. 

Just to be clear, I don't expect to lose 5 pounds in a week. Even with a starvation diet I don't think I would. But, I feel sort of like I've "saved up" weight loss. Your weight is going to fluctuate based on things like sodium (and I do have a high sodium diet). So I feel like even though my weight has stayed the same over the past few weeks, I have actually lost weight, it just hasn't showed up on the scale yet. So, I'm hoping it's sort of all going to hit at ones. 

JWeinCom said:
BasilZero said:

Metallox said:

Just to be clear, I don't expect to lose 5 pounds in a week. Even with a starvation diet I don't think I would. But, I feel sort of like I've "saved up" weight loss. Your weight is going to fluctuate based on things like sodium (and I do have a high sodium diet). So I feel like even though my weight has stayed the same over the past few weeks, I have actually lost weight, it just hasn't showed up on the scale yet. So, I'm hoping it's sort of all going to hit at ones. 

I remember on a few occasions when the nutritionist told me my weight loss had been minimal (half a kilo or less) but I had significantly burned fat, and somehow that showed in my body. Could be misremembering some details but I think that's how it went. Could be the same situation for you. 

This was prevalent in my final months of treatment, and eventually fat reduction became the final objective of the program. 

Metallox said:
JWeinCom said:

Metallox said:

I remember on a few occasions when the nutritionist told me my weight loss had been minimal (half a kilo or less) but I had significantly burned fat, and somehow that showed in my body. Could be misremembering some details but I think that's how it went. Could be the same situation for you. 

This was prevalent in my final months of treatment, and eventually fat reduction became the final objective of the program. 

Yeah. I want to get an accurate body fat % scale. One of my first purchases if I get that job.

I would like to believe that I'm gaining muscle, but that's generally hard to do while having a calorie deficit. My muscles are more defined and I can lift way more (I started benching 90 I think and am up to 145). So, maybe there's muscle gain, but that's not super likely. Once I get closer to a healthy weight, I'll start focussing on body composition.

(Content warning: domestic violence)

Conquered one of my fears; for the first time in over 7 years, I've slept in the same bed as another person. (Me and my girlfriend had our first sleepover)

For background, back in 2014-2015 I was in an abusive relationship, and one time my partner at the time hit me in the throat while I was dozing off. Since then I've felt very unsafe sleeping around other people.

I've run from these bad memories for a long time, so while it was a bit scary, it feels good to have finally confronted them, with the help of a very kind new partner who was very understanding, supportive, and patient with me.