By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event - Sign Up Thread

I've had some time to sleep on it. I'll do it.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Jpcc86 said:

Can we get a simplified and short explanation of how the point system is gonna work this time around? I remember last year there was a proposal to change it, but Im unsure how it panned out, and some of the results were a bit... surprising.

It's remained largely the same as ever. A game gets #1 on a list, it gets 1 point, #2, 2 points and so on. The less points the better. After all the discussion last year, I ended up keeping the same format with only one minor change, which is reducing the amount of points of a game that didn't make a list from 60 to... less than 60. Don't remember if it was 55 or 52 or something, not sure if I'll keep it that way or not, but the effect that had on the results wasn't much.

Wait wdym a game that didnt make a list? 

Mnementh said:

Let's summon some more past participants:

@Kjartan @CGI-Quality @d21lewis @shikamaru317 @Cerebralbore101 @derpysquirtle64 @killeryoshis @RingoGaSuki @StarDoor @Kantor 

I'm in as usual. Hopefully, I won't get lazy with updating the list with 2021 goodness.

Count me in :)

More previous participants are summoned: @Scoobes @sethnintendo @ClassicGamingWizzz @Player2 @Teeqoz @Carl @spurgeonryan 

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Same list as last year, but dyson sphere program takes spot 1. Everything else drops one spot

Fuck you @menemementh

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

Fuck you @menemementh

Whoever this menemementh-guy is, he probably deserves it, maybe even spamming your notifications with prediction league messages or so...

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

yeah I guess I might as well

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Speaking of, @mZuzek how should I list Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D? And should I list MK8DX as MK8 with zhe Switch as platform I played it on?

mZuzek said:
Kakadu18 said:

Speaking of, @mZuzek how should I list Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D? And should I list MK8DX as MK8 with zhe Switch as platform I played it on?

These are all counted as one with the originals, as for how you list them it's up to you as long as you don't have them take two places on the list. Me personally, I always use the original name, so in your MK8 example that is indeed how I'd do it, but if you want to list it as MK8D that's fine as well.

Great, thanks.