By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you quit gaming for $100,000?

Would You Quit Gaming For $100,000?

Yes 12 18.75%

No 52 81.25%

Total:64

Would you take $100,000 with the clause that you won’t be able to play a video game for the rest of your life?

For me initially I said yes then I thought about it more and realized I won’t be able to play future iterations of games like GTA, Pokémon, Halo etc and that has me rethinking my answer a bit. What about you?

Around the Network

There would need to be another 2 zeros on that number for me to quit gaming. A hundred thousand dollars isn't much these days.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Lol yes of course

No. There a very few of my major hobbies I would quit for 100k, if any.

1 million to quit gaming? Without hesitation. 500k? Highly likely I'd quit for good. $250k? Maybe I'd quit.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

No. In my heart I am a gamer.

Around the Network

No.
Gaming is a fun hobby and money isnt everything. Especially not for that amount lol

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Easiest no ever.

At least one more zero would definitely be needed. The amount of enjoyment that this hobby brings would have to be counterbalanced with other far more expensive hobbies and that $100,000 would disappear in no time.

A million would be an interesting prospect, but I’d live life in torment when the next amazing Zelda, Mario, Animal Crossing, Metroid, etc released and was all the talk.

Not to mention all the crazy things that will happen in gaming in the next two decades.

On the plus side, I’d probably get more reading done, spend more time working in the yard, and be more productive in general. But what fun is that?!

Last edited by super_etecoon - on 06 October 2021

No.  For me gaming feels like more than a hobby.  It's the most recent form of major arts & entertainment medium.  Others including painting, music, literature, film, etc....  This would be like asking to give up reading shortly after the printing press was invented.

I really think there is a lot more that can be developed in gaming, but few, if any, are looking in the right place right now.  But I want to be there when the next development team strikes gold.  That's the Minecraft/Breath of the Wild/Ultima Online/Super Mario Bros/etc... type of gold.  That's the good stuff.