By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you quit gaming for $100,000?

Would You Quit Gaming For $100,000?

Yes 12 18.75%

No 52 81.25%

Total:64
super_etecoon said:

At least one more zero would definitely be needed. The amount of enjoyment that this hobby brings would have to be counterbalanced with other far more expensive hobbies and that $100,000 would disappear in no time.

A million would be an interesting prospect, but I’d live life in torment when the next amazing Zelda, Mario, Animal Crossing, Metroid, etc released and was all the talk.

Not to mention all the crazy things that will happen in gaming in the next two decades.

On the plus side, I’d probably get more reading done, spend more time working in the yard, and being more productive in general. But what fun is that?!

Yeah this is what I was thinking. There are so many great IPs I wouldn’t want to miss out on. The think is gaming isn’t my only big hobby, I’m a big music and movies guy so if I didn’t have gaming I’d have a lot of other things to still keep me happy and occupied. 

Around the Network

That's not even close to enough money for me to even entertain such an idea. I don't wanna be entirely too dismissive here, because I do realize that there are a lot of people in the world for whom 100k would be life changing money...however, as long as you're even like lower middle class in a first world country, chances are, you're not one of those people. 100k to give up gaming would be akin to giving up gaming in exchange for not having to work for somewhere between 2-4 years, depending on your exact situation. So, phrase it like this, would you give up gaming in exchange for being able to retire 2-4 years early?

Nope. If anything, I'd like 100K precisely for video games, to finally be able to buy a great PC, PS5, Series X, the best monitor I could possibly buy, the best storage devices, lots of special editions, etc.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I'd drop all my consoles off at Gamestop, it was a nice run.

If you quadrupled the amount I would consider. And I'd still be biting my lip.

$100K would be a hard no.

Last edited by hinch - on 06 October 2021

Around the Network

Make it enough for me to retire and we can talk. $100,000 would not improve my life enough for me to give up on a hobby I enjoy so much.

What would I need the 100K for, if not for gaming?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Nope. I'm good with money so I can easily make that 100K stretch and invest it so it's not like it isn't a decent amount of money. But I value this hobby too much to trade it for money. I ain't that shallow.

Experiencing/playing things put together by teams of other people is priceless.

If I were going to, it would have to be for a "never have to work again" kind of payday.Even then, it's iffy.

I won't explain why but that would put me in a worse financial position even if I had way more money than I do now on paper. So the answer is no.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!