By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you quit gaming for $100,000?

Would You Quit Gaming For $100,000?

Yes 12 18.75%

No 52 81.25%

Total:64

Hella no! It's one of the few hobbies that keeps me sane lol. Hmmm, perhaps I could travel the world! Wait a second.......

Around the Network

Gaming and specific games and franchises in particular (I’m looking at you, Legend of Zelda) have gotten me through some of the most difficult times in my life. That alone is worth far more than $100,000. There are many things more important in life than money and whilst money can make life a whole lot easier, the things I love doing such as gaming and reading are priceless. I’d consider it for $10,000,000 or perhaps even $1,000,000 but that would be for entirely practical and sensible reasons, but it would be with a very heavy heart.

that would last me a year on coke and hookers

then what?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Without video games I would have to do all the things I do in video games for real. How much does a plane cost plus pilots license, an F1 car plus access to tracks, a spaceship to explore the galaxy, bucket loads of guns and a license to kill, immunity from prosecution, and a clear conscience? Probably more than 100k :p

Well. I barely play anything these days anyway.

Around the Network

Nope, would have to be waaaay more money and even then I'm not so sure. Although I may have been born into near the beginning of the medium I am more excited to see where it ends up. Started playing the Atari 2600 will end playing .... _________
It would take a huge amount of money for me to fill in that blank with The Switch / PS4.

I would also have to make sure I had details on exactly what gaming meant ... just video games? what if it was poker, board games, sports, rock paper, scissors anything that can be considered a game. This just seems like a "deal with the Devil" and I would have to be extremely clear on the terms.

100k is only 2 years worth of work. And if I quit, I'd probably sell my collection which is worth 50k, so I'm getting even less out of this deal, lol.

1 mill though? Probably. I'd just invest and never have to work again after buying a house in countryside Japan. Probably take up tennis, hiking, and home theater constructing as hobbies.

Edit: I do waaaay more video game collecting and research of the history than I do playing myself anyway. Takes a lot of mental effort sometimes, lol.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

100k is an interesting prospect because I could invest it right away and be set up for an early retirement. However retiring early would allow me to play more video games, and since my friends and I primarily bond through playing video games, it is not something I would entertain immediately. Though, I could definitely find other things to do.

Last edited by Farsala - on 06 October 2021

Not even for 1.000.000€.
Gaming is my primary hobby I spend the most time on. It has been a huge part of my life and has given me some of my best memories and experiences that I truly cherish and have helped me through my depression.
Not giving up on the chance to make more of these memories for any amount of money.

SvennoJ said:

Without video games I would have to do all the things I do in video games for real. How much does a plane cost plus pilots license, an F1 car plus access to tracks, a spaceship to explore the galaxy, bucket loads of guns and a license to kill, immunity from prosecution, and a clear conscience? Probably more than 100k :p

How much costs a flower, that when eaten makes you spit fire?

How much an island completely made out of 1x1x1 meter blocks, which you can harvest and can carry around tens of them at the same time, only to put them down at another place?

How much would I need to hire crazy scientists developing a zombie virus and founding Umbrella Corporation?

How much for being able to fight demi-gods in an alternate Tokyo by summoning demons?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]