By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Direct (9/23/2021 / 3 p.m. PT )

Amnesia said:

So many crazy expectation...You will all be disappointed again because there will be nothing.

Agreed, my expectations are at a very low point now. 

Around the Network

-Kid Icarus Uprising sequel
-Animal Crossing New Horizons Expansion (far more than typical DLC)
-Super Mario Odyssey 2
-Super Mario Galaxy 3
-Super Mario Bros. 3... 2 (new game made in the same art style)
-The third version of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons. In HD-2D.
-Nintendo announces they bought Playtonic.
-Playtonic is revealed as developing Banjo Threeie, to be released on Switch and Xbox/PC.
-Smash Bros. story DLC announced with over 80 hours of cinematic and voice acting.
-A 30 hour-length-campaign Star Fox game with AAA budget developed by Ubisoft Toronto
-GameCube announced for Nintendo Online Subscription.
-Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3 exclusive to Switch, developed by Platinum.
-Super Smash RPG (massive, 100+ hour RPG open world, linear story game starring every character from Smash bros.).
-Paper Mario: Book One (PM, TTYD, and Luigi's hunt for the Compass all built into one HD game with an open world where you can go back and forth between areas from all three games).

Hype.

If they show a real trailer for Zelda we might finally get to know the title. I doubt it though.

I do believe the rumored DK game from EPD Tokyo is real, so I hope we at least get a glimpse of it. If it's really 3+ years in development then there's no reason for it not to release by the end of this year to commemorate DK's 40th anniversary. November 5th? December 10th maybe? Do it, Nintendo, and make 2021 the Switch's peak year.

Dulfite said:

-Playtonic is revealed as developing Banjo Threeie, to be released on Switch and Xbox/PC.
-Smash Bros. story DLC announced with over 80 hours of cinematic and voice acting.
-Super Smash RPG (massive, 100+ hour RPG open world, linear story game starring every character from Smash bros.).

Give me any of them and it would be the best Direct ever for me.

Around the Network

Read an article today that Sliksong's release date was leaked (1st Feb 2022)
I hope/assume we'll get confirmation in this Direct, maybe? It feels like forever since we got official Silksong news.

Dulfite said:

-Kid Icarus Uprising sequel
-Animal Crossing New Horizons Expansion (far more than typical DLC)
-Super Mario Odyssey 2
-Super Mario Galaxy 3
-The third version of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons. In HD-2D.
-Nintendo announces they bought Playtonic.
-A 30 hour-length-campaign Star Fox game with AAA budget developed by Ubisoft Toronto
-GameCube announced for Nintendo Online Subscription.
-Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3 exclusive to Switch, developed by Platinum.
-Paper Mario: Book One (PM, TTYD, and Luigi's hunt for the Compass all built into one HD game with an open world where you can go back and forth between areas from all three games).

Holy s***! Imagine.

Reality then: 

Direct gets cancelled.

Jpcc86 said:

Read an article today that Sliksong's release date was leaked (1st Feb 2022)
I hope/assume we'll get confirmation in this Direct, maybe? It feels like forever since we got official Silksong news.

No no no, that's the date of the next direct, where Silksong is going to be shadow dropped.

Which one? Mario Kart 9 baby

Last edited by TomaTito - on 23 September 2021

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I've been so caught up between AEW Grand Slam and the MLB season winding down. (Come on, Giants! Fuck off, Dodgers!) That I completely forgot this was announced earlier! XD
As for my personal expectations.
- Next Smash Bros. character.
- Monolith Soft's new game.
- Something about NSO online. (Game Boy/GB Color games would be my guess.)
- One last Metroid Dread trailer before that game comes out and maaaaaybe. Just maaaaaybe, an update on Prime 4.
- Breath of the Wild 2 trailer.

Among other things.