By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Direct (9/23/2021 / 3 p.m. PT )

Just announced, hope we get a March 2022 launch for either Splatoon 3 or Breath of the Wild sequel 

Around the Network

Pikmin 4 here we go.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I'm predicting a new game system on NSO. The FCC confidentiality filing for a controller by Nintendo expires on Friday, so an announcement for either an N64 controller or an entirely brand new controller is possible. Along with the final Smash character DLC.

Splatoon 3 or Breath of the Wild sequel launch for March 2022
Bayonetta 3
Resident Evil Outrage
Silksong
Sports Story
Pikmin 4
Also a big update for New Horizon & Monster Hunter Rise would be great
More Japanese third party titles reveals for the fall / early 2022

That would be the wish list for me

Will this be the one to announce the final WiiU port: Xenoblade Chronicles X?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
noshten said:

Splatoon 3 or Breath of the Wild sequel launch for March 2022
Bayonetta 3
Resident Evil Outrage
Silksong
Sports Story
Pikmin 4
Also a big update for New Horizon & Monster Hunter Rise would be great
More Japanese third party titles reveals for the fall / early 2022

That would be the wish list for me

Zelda doesn't even have a proper trailer yet, just teasers. So i doubt it will launch so soon. Feels like Fall next year is the only way (if not 2023). But i do feel like we could get our first trailer tomorrow.

I'm guessing this will mostly be updates on games like Metroid Dread and Mario Party. Whatever the new controller is (possibly n64 with the online sub?) and third party. The final smash bros character might be announced too. 

Not expecting much, can hope that Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4 or BOTW2 resurfaces but I'm not holding my breath.

If none of those 3 feature they'll have at least one surprise new game though I'm sure.

yeeeeessssssss it's happening

Spoiler!
Pls Xenoblade 3

Last edited by Link_Nines.XBC - on 22 September 2021

Metallox said:

Pikmin 4 here we go.

It has only been 6 years since Miyamoto's comment about it being almost done. Do we really think they can have it ready in such a short time?

Apkopf said:

Metallox said:

Pikmin 4 here we go.

It has only been 6 years since Miyamoto's comment about it being almost done. Do we really think they can have it ready in such a short time?

No, we don't, but we all know hope dies last. They'll show it next year most likely, though 2023 is a reasonable expectation, too. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.