By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Q4 2021 OpenCritic Prediction League - Final Results Posted!

Alright and I'm back in the lead with SMT V! Which, by the way, I am really enjoying. It's a great game. I'm about 10 hours into it right now.

Though, based on how reviews are going for the D&P remakes, it looks like I might lose my title to peachbuggy and TruckOsaurus :(. Cmon...just a few points higher! Get a 9 from IGN or something!

Around the Network
Doctor_MG said:

Alright and I'm back in the lead with SMT V! Which, by the way, I am really enjoying. It's a great game. I'm about 10 hours into it right now.

Though, based on how reviews are going for the D&P remakes, it looks like I might lose my title to peachbuggy and TruckOsaurus :(. Cmon...just a few points higher! Get a 9 from IGN or something!

Noooo! It needs to be 7.8/10, too much water again!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

and the leaderboard is now updated! Later this week we will finally have the pokemon results and the final results will be tallied!

Well as it stands Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are the worst reviewed mainline pokemon games ever. Though I don't think many will find this surprising.

Hopefully Arceus Legends is a hit and reinvents the series.

mZuzek said:

It is cathartic to see a Pokémon game getting some criticism for being lazy, it was long overdue. I guess 77 is still a pretty decent score, but how come it has that much and only 52% recommendation?

Many critics don't recommend it if you already played the originals.

Around the Network

And with that, the BDSP have been posted and this year's league has concluded! Congrats to @Doctor_MG, @TruckOSaurus, @mZuzek, @peachbuggy, & @Metallox for a five way tie victory! Feel free to check my results in case I messed something up but otherwise I had fun time through all this and I hope to do some more next year!

At least it looks like I got SMT V on point. Though I was quite off for Pokemon. 6 points off, ouch.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

16 points is not bad.

Thanks a lot, Walrus. Looking forward to that 100 for BotW 2.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

mZuzek said:
TheWalrusCaesar said:

And with that, the BDSP have been posted and this year's league has concluded! Congrats to @Doctor_MG, @TruckOSaurus, @mZuzek, @peachbuggy, & @Metallox for a five way tie victory! Feel free to check my results in case I messed something up but otherwise I had fun time through all this and I hope to do some more next year!

Five-way victory, huh? I think you should make the rules stricter, I was off by a lot of points on nearly all of them, feel like I kinda cheated my way to this.

Yeah I think I might add some more point values next year. Then again it also be a full year instead of just a few months so that'll help