By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Q4 2021 OpenCritic Prediction League - Final Results Posted!

I was too optimistic on this one but not too far.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:

Oof, I really lost that one. It's 79 on metacritic btw, tied for the highest rated Mario Party with the original. I was looking at what past Mario Party games had gotten, glad I didn't go with below 70.

Really weird how most MPs had gotten scores in the 50s, 60s or lower 70s and now SMP and MPS suddenly both get a positive score. What could be the reason for that?

For a while they released yearly which def hurt their scores and 9 & 10 were just rly bad. Super has a higher score because it was a return somewhat to what people wanted in MP and it had been a long time since the last one and this new one seems to be the first genuinely great mario party game in over a decade along and appeals to nostalgia of certain reviewers

TheWalrusCaesar said:
Kakadu18 said:

Oof, I really lost that one. It's 79 on metacritic btw, tied for the highest rated Mario Party with the original. I was looking at what past Mario Party games had gotten, glad I didn't go with below 70.

Really weird how most MPs had gotten scores in the 50s, 60s or lower 70s and now SMP and MPS suddenly both get a positive score. What could be the reason for that?

For a while they released yearly which def hurt their scores and 9 & 10 were just rly bad. Super has a higher score because it was a return somewhat to what people wanted in MP and it had been a long time since the last one and this new one seems to be the first genuinely great mario party game in over a decade along and appeals to nostalgia of certain reviewers

Well that's the thing, MP9 is one of the higher rated ones with a 73 metascore, while MP8 got a 62. That's just weird.

Also important update that SMTV predictions are due next thursday 11/4!

Kakadu18 said:

Well, to start the lowest scoring Mario Party games are all on handheld devices where the competitive "family" component just isn't as apparent. Playing a board game with people is fun because you're sharing the board. If you all had your own board it would seem more isolated. 

On the home console side *most* Mario Party games have received between a 70 and a 79 with the original trilogy being some of the highest scoring games. Which, this is effectively a remaster of the first three games with some of the best games from a few of the other games thrown in. 

Around the Network

I underestimated Mario Party Superstars. I'm in a weird conflict where I want to win, so the score needs to drop, but I also want the game to get an 80 or higher for it to be quality so I want the score to keep going up. Help me.

mZuzek said:

Speaking of scores dropping, Metroid Dread is at 87 now.

It got a 5/10 from"We Got This Covered", which they obviously don't. Their summary is complete bullshit. Similar to the review of the Guardian it seems they played something else and not Dread. Either way it's still 88 on metacritic.

Doctor_MG said:

I underestimated Mario Party Superstars. I'm in a weird conflict where I want to win, so the score needs to drop, but I also want the game to get an 80 or higher for it to be quality so I want the score to keep going up. Help me.

Frfr. This might be my GOTY tho so tbh I'm kinda pulling moreso for it to get a higher score

Seems I was right on the money with Shin Megami Tensei V.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I find it impressive how SMTV is recommended by 98% of the critics.