By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Q4 2021 OpenCritic Prediction League - Final Results Posted!

Hey y'all just wanted to notify anyone possibly interested that you have until the end of Friday (or until reviews start coming out if its earlier than the end of Friday) to submit predictions for Metroid Dread if ur interested!

Around the Network

Shame we didn't get more votes here but it should be fun watching the results. Metroid Dread at 88 so far.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 06 October 2021

Signature goes here!

Metroid Dread:86
Mario Party Superstars:82
SMT V: 81
Pokémon DP Remakes: 73
Advance Wars: 77

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Not exactly a particularly skilled predicter of review score averages. But here we go.

Metroid Dread - 91
Mario Party Superstars - 76 (I don't see it getting higher than the mid to high 70s. MP has never been a critic favorite)
Shin Megami Tensei V - 86
Pokemon BDSP - 83
Advance Wars 1+2 - 80

Overall, I predict some really good to great reception of Nintendo's Q4 lineup.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Darwinianevolution said:

Metroid Dread:86
Mario Party Superstars:82
SMT V: 81
Pokémon DP Remakes: 73
Advance Wars: 77

Wman1996 said:

Not exactly a particularly skilled predicter of review score averages. But here we go.

Metroid Dread - 91
Mario Party Superstars - 76 (I don't see it getting higher than the mid to high 70s. MP has never been a critic favorite)
Shin Megami Tensei V - 86
Pokemon BDSP - 83
Advance Wars 1+2 - 80

Overall, I predict some really good to great reception of Nintendo's Q4 lineup.

Unfortunately y’all are a little too late for Metroid Dread predictions as the reviews have started rolling in but I will count you for the other games! Thank you for the participation 

Around the Network

SMTV - 90

I'm too late for Metroid Dread, but I'll make some predictions on the others:

Shin Megami Tensei V: 85
Pokemon BDSP: 80
Advance Wars: 84

Only reason my Advance Wars prediction is high is because the originals reviewed really well, and it's not impossible some of that will transfer over to the remakes if we get a bunch of nostalgic reviewers.

Too late for the Dread, but not for the others, so let's see:

SMT V: 87
Pokemon BDSP: 86
Advance Wars: 82
Mario Party Superstars: 76 (I sense some fatigue incoming from testers)

And with that I have uploaded the Metroid Dread results. Unless I made a mistake, no one was less than 3 points off which is pretty wild. Congrats to Doctor_MG & TruckOSaurus for getting it spot on and leading for now

Reminder for anyone interested that Mario Party Superstars predictions are due Friday!