By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Matrix Resurrections - Official Trailer (2021) Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss

Zippy6 said:

Love the matrix trilogy. This doesn't look particularly like a matrix film, it's very colourful lol. In terms of tone and visuals it looks so different from the first 3 movies. I'm really not sure if I'm going to like this film.

The color is actually a continuation of the ending of Revolutions where after Neo dies, the Matrix is rebooted and the green tint fades away to look more "normal" showing that this movie really is a sequel to the original trilogy. Check out this frame-by-frame breakdown of the trailer. Really changes your perspective: MATRIX RESURRECTIONS TRAILER BREAKDOWN! Easter Eggs & Details You Missed! - YouTube

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
Zippy6 said:

Love the matrix trilogy. This doesn't look particularly like a matrix film, it's very colourful lol. In terms of tone and visuals it looks so different from the first 3 movies. I'm really not sure if I'm going to like this film.

The color is actually a continuation of the ending of Revolutions where after Neo dies, the Matrix is rebooted and the green tint fades away to look more "normal" showing that this movie really is a sequel to the original trilogy. Check out this frame-by-frame breakdown of the trailer. Really changes your perspective: MATRIX RESURRECTIONS TRAILER BREAKDOWN! Easter Eggs & Details You Missed! - YouTube

Finally got around to watching this. Really great breakdown. Answered a lot of my questions about the trailer, gave me a better understanding  of what to expect, and actually increased my anticipation a bit. This could actually turn out well.

My biggest issue is that I see John Wick and not Neo.

The red and blue pill clips from whatisthematrix.com, along with the official trailer give me the vibe that they're litterally going to break the 4th wall in the movie if not throughout it. Imagine a light touch of Deadpool kinda but legit serious and not for laughs. 

Could just be intriguing marketing and that's not going to happen at all because on one hand it could ruin it, though on the other, to potentially imply to the audience that they're also in a/the simulation would be pretty mind bending if done right. 

If all they do is slightly change the plot of the first movie in the fourth, cycles or not, it's unlikely to go well and would make a fifth a tough sell.

Also, considering the whole deeper spiritual religious Neo Jesus thing, isn't the ressurection the last hurrah?

I'm waiting for reviews first. Too many unknowns this time and not in a good way like the first movie. Also too many ruined franchises like this for me to gamble. I really like the matrix even though the second and third didn't come close to matching the first. Don't need one more to ruin it all if that ends up being the case. 

Not really feeling it. The trailer haven't helped it either

Around the Network

2:20 - 4:25 -> Lana explaining what Keanu told her about how he viewed the first trilogy and what's to come, after seeing the 4th film once finalized.

4:25 - 7:35 -> Kojima's thoughts and interest in The Matrix and potential ties to the future of the franchise. (some speculation).

Breaking the 4th wall? Interactive movie? Kojima Matrix game?

New trailer.

The pills portion is the intriguing part for me.

It shows what seems to be Morpheus holding the blue pill (from the first movie), then it shows Neo waking up in the pod (from the first movie), in which the scene has that same blue tinge (just like the original trilogy has at times when Neo is supposedly in the real world).

Then

It shows what seems to be Morpheus holding the red pill (from the first movie), then it shows Neo waking up in a pod and the scene has a red tinge, though it looks to be a new scene from this new movie.

There's clearly a few scenes shown here, which look to be from the new movie, that all have a red tinge to them.

So

Maybe Neo somehow actually took the blue pill in the first movie, even though we see him take the red pill?

Maybe the pills are backwards and the red pill gives you the blue experience and the blue pill will give you the red experience? The red pill is actually 'lies' and puts you back into the 'cage', while the blue pill actually tells you the truth and free's you?

(Maybe red pill or blue pill, doesn't matter, the outcome is always the same?)

Well I've watched it. I loved the original trilogy but I'm afraid this movie was just... meh.

There were some nice ideas but there never came a point where the movie clicked for me, even the action scenes none of them felt right.

Zippy6 said:

Well I've watched it. I loved the original trilogy but I'm afraid this movie was just... meh.

There were some nice ideas but there never came a point where the movie clicked for me, even the action scenes none of them felt right.

Same watched the movie and it all felt a little.. off. It wasn't outright terrible, though a passable one. Which is a shame because I remember looking back the the original films (even the sequels) fondly. Meh pretty much summed up my feeling towards it after I finished watching. They should have left it on 3 imo.

hinch said:
Zippy6 said:

Same watched the movie and it all felt a little.. off. It wasn't outright terrible, though a passable one. Which is a shame because I remember looking back the the original films (even the sequels) fondly. Meh pretty much summed up my feeling towards it after I finished watching. They should have left it on 3 imo.

Yeah it just wasn't right. Somehow with how much it leaned on the original movies with fanservice (if you'd call it that) it didn't feel like a matrix movie at all. It felt like a generic mid-budget action movie. There were some decent ideas that could have worked in a matrix movie, but this wasn't a matrix movie to me.

They didnt even get a bad ass action scene right.

I didn't completely hate it but nothing felt right, like bad fanfiction written by someone who didn't understand what made the movies great, and considering its one of the original directors it's very puzzling.

People who haven't seen the first 3 will also be completely screwed watching this. There is no exposition for them lol.