By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Matrix Resurrections - Official Trailer (2021) Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss

Zippy6 said:
hinch said:

Same watched the movie and it all felt a little.. off. It wasn't outright terrible, though a passable one. Which is a shame because I remember looking back the the original films (even the sequels) fondly. Meh pretty much summed up my feeling towards it after I finished watching. They should have left it on 3 imo.

Yeah it just wasn't right. Somehow with how much it leaned on the original movies with fanservice (if you'd call it that) it didn't feel like a matrix movie at all. It felt like a generic mid-budget action movie. There were some decent ideas that could have worked in a matrix movie, but this wasn't a matrix movie to me.

They didnt even get a bad ass action scene right.

I didn't completely hate it but nothing felt right, like bad fanfiction written by someone who didn't understand what made the movies great, and considering its one of the original directors it's very puzzling.

People who haven't seen the first 3 will also be completely screwed watching this. There is no exposition for them lol.

True

Spoiler!
there was way too many callbacks to previous films. It was like watching an anime show where you'd get constant flashbacks/callbacks in a filler episode.

and too many references to to them. Adding to that the action and scenes was nowhere near scale and spectacle of previous movies. If this was a series I'd probably let it pass. But as a direct sequel to some of my top movies  of all time (1st film) and the latter ones. Its disappointing to say the least.

Idd are some good ideas in the movie and scenes but unfortunately there are few and far in between. 

Spoiler!
Like the bots, new underground city, and the war between machines. Though we never really got to see more than a few scenes with that and from what was shown they all felt inconsequential to the main story.

Idk, Resurrections felt bit like cash grab and told a story really didn't need to be told. Frankly I'd rather they reboot it fully with new characters or do a spin off movie rather than tarnish a brand like this. But yeah I'm just gonna let the first three be canon for me.

And true lol, absolutely not a film for people new to the franchise. I'm still trying to get my head around the story xD

Last edited by hinch - on 22 December 2021

Around the Network

I liked it more than the sequels, has the most interesting ideas outside of the first movie. But the action was lacking, they needed a bigger action sequence for the last 30 minutes.