By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware August 8-14 - PS5 and Switch Sales Rise

yo33331 said:
Kakadu18 said:

It would only be a cliff if it would suddenly start struggling to sell over 200k weekly next year after being mostly over 300k this year.

You're describing a rather gradual decline.

No I am not. The cliff is that the next year will be 15M for the year. It is a cliff from 25M this year.

Also I stated that will do 250k weekly in the beginning of the year, but going further will fall to probably 200k and maybe 150k in the summer.

It can't go from 300k to 150k suddenly .. Heck even the PS4 with the big cliff it didn't went from 250k to 80k suddenly .. It went doing 200k and almost 200k in 2019 to doing 150-180k in 2020, to doing 100k before the holidays, to making 80-50k for the first half of this year .. so it's again gradually and it's again accounted for a cliff.

Ok, lol. Cliff incoming!

Seriously, what are you basing this on? 15M with a line up like this right after a new model released doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 30 August 2021

Around the Network

It's impressive to be a member for 10 years without posting then randomly deciding to become a troll.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

The only way Switch sells 15m in 2022 is if its successor comes out that year, and given Nintendo's repeated statements about Switch being in the middle of its lifespan, that doesn't seem like the most likely outcome.

Interesting that the PS5 will reach 22.6+ million units by March 2022 with only Horizon forbidden west as a big first party game (and a cross-gen one) until then.
It seems that they knew that even without releasing any big games, demand is still extremely high for the new console.

That’s why all the big games, even the cross-gen ones, got pushed until FY 2022 when they are aiming to ship more than 22 million units.

zorg1000 said:

It's impressive to be a member for 10 years without posting then randomly deciding to become a troll.

Interesting, i just thought it was a CliffyRick alt. Oh well, at least we have someone else to keep us entertained until the inevitable ban hammer falls.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

NS still the strongest, even PS5 manages to get closer just every now and then. And until components supplies get back to normality, it doesn't make sense for Sony to cut price, so NS domination could continue until it starts saturating its potential user base.

Someone sugested a price cut?

There's always someone suggesting it! A minority really believes it's necessary to succeed, the majority though just wishes to pay it less.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

On this forum, there is always a cliff for all consoles that are not PlayStation. It's an obsession some users have. I'm still waiting for the Series X/S cliff people talked about earlier in the year...

In the real world outside of people's imagination, Series is tracking to sell 10-11 million consoles and going to beat Xbox 360's 2009, 2008 and 2012 years out of the gate but here, the cliff is always around the corner.

Also Switch is going to sell more than 15M next year.

Last edited by Elputoxd - on 27 August 2021

Elputoxd said:

On this forum, there is always a cliff for all consoles that are not PlayStation. It's an obsession some users have. I'm still waiting for the Series X/S cliff people talked about earlier in the year...

In the real world outside of people's imagination, Series is tracking to sell 10-11 million consoles and going to beat Xbox 360's 2009 out of the gate but here, the cliff is always around the corner.

Xbox 1 also beat the 360 aligned at the begining. Guess what happen next? 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Elputoxd said:

In the real world outside of people's imagination, Series is tracking to sell 10-11 million consoles and going to beat Xbox 360's 2009 out of the gate but here, the cliff is always around the corner.

You must be new then, there were plenty of Sony is Doomed threads since the PS3 launch.

PS4 not outselling Wii and the last one is that PS5 is heavy front-loaded even if it’s outselling the PS4 (an already successful console) by a decent margin with heavy stock problems.

But yeah....

Dulfite said:
curl-6 said:

Again though, Switch is far from a "normal" Nintendo console.

Bottom line, 324k in August with no major release and a new model around the corner, in its 5th year, is not indicative of any kind of cliff or collapse.

That's the thing about cliffs. There is no build up to them, no substantial slope of any kind. One moment you are walking along, next thing you know you are plunging into the ocean choking on a tight corsett that your daddy, the governor, gave you. Cliffs don't give indicatings they are coming, they just appear. If we saw indications/patterns, it wouldn't be a cliff, it would just be a consistent decrease.

Michael Burry : That's dumb, Lawrence. There are always markers.