By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware August 8-14 - PS5 and Switch Sales Rise

Alby_da_Wolf said:

NS still the strongest, even PS5 manages to get closer just every now and then. And until components supplies get back to normality, it doesn't make sense for Sony to cut price, so NS domination could continue until it starts saturating its potential user base.

PS4's first price cut was about 2 years after launch.  So, I wouldn't expect anything on that front before October 2022 at the earliest.

Around the Network
Mandalore76 said:
Dulfite said:

That's the thing about cliffs. There is no build up to them, no substantial slope of any kind. One moment you are walking along, next thing you know you are plunging into the ocean choking on a tight corsett that your daddy, the governor, gave you. Cliffs don't give indicatings they are coming, they just appear. If we saw indications/patterns, it wouldn't be a cliff, it would just be a consistent decrease.

Michael Burry : That's dumb, Lawrence. There are always markers.

I don't see a build-up to that drop, do you? It just appears.

Dulfite said:
Mandalore76 said:

Michael Burry : That's dumb, Lawrence. There are always markers.

Mandalore76 said:
Dulfite said:

One moment you are having a pleasant conversation with Microsoft about how great the jointly-declared war on Sony is going, the next thing you know you (Nintendo) are plunging to your death. It's not rocket science, its geology. Do you even rock?

Dulfite said:
Mandalore76 said:

One moment you are having a pleasant conversation with Microsoft about how great the jointly-declared war on Sony is going, the next thing you know you (Nintendo) are plunging to your death. It's not rocket science, its geology. Do you even rock?

The Switch has been hearing about this cliff its heading to for years and and be like:

Around the Network
Mandalore76 said:
Dulfite said:

The Switch has been hearing about this cliff its heading to for years and and be like:

Luke was only able to do that because of the weird alien milk. If Nintendo gets gamepass then they, too, can achieve the giant leap over the cliff.

Dulfite said:
Mandalore76 said:

Luke was only able to do that because of the weird alien milk. If Nintendo gets gamepass then they, too, can achieve the giant leap over the cliff.

Lol!  I knew the blue milk reference would be incoming.  Well played, sir!

Mandalore76 said:
Dulfite said:

Lol!  I knew the blue milk reference would be incoming.  Well played, sir!

haha, I simply had to!

peachbuggy said:
zorg1000 said:

It's impressive to be a member for 10 years without posting then randomly deciding to become a troll.

Interesting, i just thought it was a CliffyRick alt. Oh well, at least we have someone else to keep us entertained until the inevitable ban hammer falls.

That's what I thought too until I saw the join date. Perhaps Rick somehow hijacked another members account.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

yo33331 said:
zorg1000 said:

It's impressive to be a member for 10 years without posting then randomly deciding to become a troll.

are you referring to me ? or am I missing something ?

Yes

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.