By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Pokémon Legends Arceus trailer

The graphic look pretty rough still, the Switch is capable of doing better. Though graphics are not everything and I can live with the game at the current level.

The trailer showed some interesting twists to the Pokemon formula. I'm not convince yet on this game. They still probably have a lot left to reveal, but I don't totally see a lot of stuff to do just yet and the world looks a bit empty. Also sad to see that its doesn't look like there will be voice acting. This game is a wait and see of me. I'm not very into Pokemon anymore, but the formula mix up might be just what I need.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Correction, there don't know how to make games with Switch* graphics to run on Switch, Arceus looks like worse than a launch PS3 game and is no improvement over Sword and Shield

Eh, looks better than Sword and Shield to me; lighting is nicer, draw distance longer, the ground has scattered short grass rather than just being a flat texture in S/S's wild area, the actual clumps of tall grass are better rendered, as are other things like water, trees, the particle effects for falling snow, etc, and all this with a big increase in scope.

Definitely more ambitious than the wild areas in S & S, more gemoetry, lighting, more convincing landscapes, far better grass. I think S & S looks a bit cleaner and that maybe Legends can burrow a bit more from it  & BOTW so it gives more of anime aesthetic, but that's just artistic choice. I'm sure due to open world nature including battle, Legends will have a few sacrifices here and there, including resolution of ground textures.

konnichiwa said:

If I want to be kind I would call the graphics dissapoint, at the moment it feels they did the bare minimum for the Graphics/Story/New gameplay elements.

Weird thing is I want it to succeed so they build on it and make a big open world game with plenty villages and towns with a ton of exploration side quests.

I am curious about its reception on the release it seems to be one of those games that could bore a gamer after 10 gamers or be addicting like hell.

If it succeeds they won't improve the formula but will regurgitate the same game years over years instead. 

We're not talking about any other Nintendo studio here, it's the useless, lazy and uncopetent gamefreak that we're talking about.

I have no trust in them nor in the company that rules them. I am fully convinced about the fact that nintendo should take full part in developing pokémon games and have full control on them since the pokémon co. gives no f*ck about the console games anymore.

It still doesn't make sense that they are taking THAT much time to adapt to HD. it's amazingly bad how they're still struggling with 3D and HD in 2021.

Sword and shield looked like an HD remaster of a 3DS game (if not worse), and since that game, we've seen so little improvement. 

It still doesn't make any sense that the most lucrative franchise in the world can't finance the development of a proper game to look at least better than indies. And that's extremely ridiculous.

I hate gamefreak as much as i hate EA in the industry. They're doing with Pokémon what EA is doing with their sports games.

heavenmercenary01 said:

If it succeeds they won't improve the formula but will regurgitate the same game years over years instead. 

We're not talking about any other Nintendo studio here, it's the useless, lazy and uncopetent gamefreak that we're talking about.

I have no trust in them nor in the company that rules them. I am fully convinced about the fact that nintendo should take full part in developing pokémon games and have full control on them since the pokémon co. gives no f*ck about the console games anymore.

It still doesn't make sense that they are taking THAT much time to adapt to HD. it's amazingly bad how they're still struggling with 3D and HD in 2021.

Sword and shield looked like an HD remaster of a 3DS game (if not worse), and since that game, we've seen so little improvement. 

It still doesn't make any sense that the most lucrative franchise in the world can't finance the development of a proper game to look at least better than indies. And that's extremely ridiculous.

I hate gamefreak as much as i hate EA in the industry. They're doing with Pokémon what EA is doing with their sports games.

My number one most hated thing is when people use hyperbole like this. While Sword and Shield are disappointing graphically, suggesting they just like an HD remaster of a 3DS game is ridiculous, let alone suggesting it looks WORSE than an HD remaster of a 3DS game. I've included comparisons. 3DS games were from Citra in 4K, but I had to compress the pictures for both to post this. Now please tell me how Sword/Shield looks worse than the 3DS games?