By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favourite console not from your preferred brand

I don't really have a preferred brand. I buy and play games on Sony, Nintendo, MS, and PC platforms.

Around the Network

Would be either PS1 or Dreamcast.. those were better than a half of my preferred maker Nintendo’s consoles.

For the last decade Sony has been my favouruite, but I can quite comfortably say that Xbox360 was the last system I truly loved.

Halo 3, Fable, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Elderscrolls, Xbox BC, the easily replacable HDD, Banjo Kazooie/Tooie HD, the introduction of small inides/downloadable games, the perfect controller. The late geenration saw my preferences start to sway towards playstation due to more varied exclusives but 360 overall held the most memorable experiences for me.

N64 & Gamecube are close runner ups. Between the 2, Gamecube had a much wider library and Smash Bros Melee was a revalation to me but the N64 had more iconic games with Ocarina of Time, Banjo and Goldeneye really being next level experiences for their day.

Mega Drive/Genesis.

Well, I prefer PC (steam), Xbox which they're super PC friendly nowa days, and Nintendo, although they have really left a sour taste in my mouth as of late... I'm not crazy about Sony, but I'm going with the Ps3. I remember playing The Last of Us when it was new on there and just being absolutely amazed. Played the ENTIRE game in one day. Man, to be young and be able to play games like that again. ? 

Around the Network
JackHandy said:

My favorite console not made by the big three would be anything made by Sega, hands down.

Yes, Dreamcast closely followed by Sega Saturn for me.

I feel like SEGA is a bit of a cop out though, so for anything non SEGA or Sony it would have to be between the Gamecube or Wii.

The PS3 has an amazing library, combined with the original FAT model that could play PS2 and PS1 games, it has so much content.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

My love is Nintendo.

My favourite console not made by them is the PS4. I feel this is cheating a bit as I do love the PS brand and owned all home consoles apart from PS5, but I love my PS4 the most.

Don't really have an attachment to any specific brands. But Playstation consoles always have been the last for me to consider, so I'll now with that.
It's quite an easy one - the amazing PS2. The console that has some of my all-time favourite games.

X360